• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#1 naikii

naikii

Serf

• Lurker
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 09:59 PM

For those of you that looking for parts for your new system, stay well clear of Yadnum computers Pty Ltd. The owner of the store has been taking money from customers since December but does not send out any product. They are registered as an Australian company and the website looks legit enough, and they have offered hardware at bait prices to tempt buyers into buying from an unknown store (eg i7 920 for $385 in Dec) This store has infuriated so many people that topics involving this store are banned now on the WP forums, as users started doing inappropriate things like posting personal details of the store owner and threatening violence. The owner continually lies to all its customers, and I believe they have no ability to pay back debt, or stock to send. This store is not worth your risk.

#2 .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

.:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Hero

• Mod
  • 21,368 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:36 PM

http://209.85.173.13...C...;cd=1&gl=au
http://209.85.173.13...k...;cd=1&gl=au

I read most of it. Sounds like Whirlpool completely overwhelmed the business, and caused themselves grief via greed. You, and the others, don't have my sympathy until there is proof that this site is a scam.

That being said, I will not order from them until they get their act together, if I ever have the need to order from them at all.

"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan
"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." - Mark Twain

An open mind is willing to consider new ideas, while provisionally accepting those backed by empirical evidence, and provisionally rejecting those without.

#3 eckythump

eckythump

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 03:14 PM

Holy crap. i've been reading those linked threads and it's mind-boggling the attitudes of many of the people involved. There's one guy, who says he's an aged/invalid pensioner who spent $500 on RAM who "saved for months" to get it. Am I a horrible person for laughing at this guy? Anyone who spends that much on RAM is clearly a fucking mental case. But back to the entertaining thread. It's rather... suspenseful.

Edited by eckythump, 25 February 2009 - 07:38 PM.

One good thing about V3 is that I no longer have to see this shit. :D

#4 nesquick

nesquick

Titan

• Atomican
  • 19,783 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 03:30 PM

here is a list of reasons why people have been getting ripped off.

1. they are whirlpool forum members which imo = instant waste of time.
2. they should have come here for correct advice on legit stores such as msy, umart and pc case gear ect ect
3. just because a shop shows something really cheap on staticice or shopbot does not mean under any circumstance you should order from them unless you can either walk in and buy or you know from other users its decent.
4. an i7 for that price is just BS and I don't blame people for losing their money for trying to be tightasses

Edited by nesquick, 21 February 2009 - 03:35 PM.

STEAM/BC2 name: AllNightmareLong

#5 .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Hero

• Mod
  • 21,368 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 03:46 PM

It could be a scam, we don't know. I for one will be following this very closely indeed.

"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." - Mark Twain

An open mind is willing to consider new ideas, while provisionally accepting those backed by empirical evidence, and provisionally rejecting those without.

#6 MedicineBaby

MedicineBaby

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:39 PM

I am officially tangled in this store as well. I purchased an Arctic Cooling Accelero Twin Turbo for my toasty ASUS 4850. I went to the store because I was desperate for a cooler, no one had one in stock in Perth and read great reviews about the cooler. It was either Yadnum or Scorptec (one which I have had troubles with in the past and refuse to go to) and went to Yadnum instead. I have sent numerous emails to the store, with a few replied to. On the 22nd January I was emailed saying that my order would be shipped the next day.

Two weeks gone, still no cooler. I sent more emails and a few faxes along with a request for the tracking number, eventually got a reply saying that he was chasing my order up with the courier company.

Anyway, he posted on the Whirlpool forums promising that all refunds and orders would be completed on the 17th February. I messaged Yadnum to confirm that my order had been sent and requested the tracking number to my item. Received a reply the next day saying that my order has been sent and he would get back to me with the tracking number. At the end of yesterday, still no tracking number or order. But I am giving Yadnum until Monday for my order to arrive, after that, straight to the ACCC like many others.

But you can tell from what I have said about the messages he sent me initially right up to my last message I received someone must have been lying to me to begin with.

There are many more people who have also lost big bucks from this place. I know someone who has not received over $1800 worth of goods purchased in December. He asked for a refund a long time ago and still no refund. I have contacted a few people involved in this store, a few have replied and said that they have received their refunds and orders at last but there clearly still some who have received neither.

The owner had also posted to NGE (Not Good Enough), "that there are no customers who are owed money", when clearly from the complaints flowing in there still is.

I consider myself quite lucky as I did not spend loads of cash at this store, but I am still considerably angry regarding this whole matter.

EDIT: I should have taken you up on your offer nesquick and purchased your Twin Turbo instead at the time ;)

I don't think it's fair to call people tightasses for going after the cheapest price. If you see something as good as that, your impulse is to buy it straight away. If I was going after an i7 setup at the time I probably would have done the same thing. A few people bought all there parts from the single store, like many people do.

Edited by MedicineBaby, 21 February 2009 - 08:49 PM.

#7 .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Hero

• Mod
  • 21,368 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 09:47 PM

Keep us posted MedicineBaby.

#8 nesquick

nesquick

Titan

• Atomican
  • 19,783 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 10:54 PM

I was just going to give you the cooler MB because the 7v line does not work on mine.
STEAM/BC2 name: AllNightmareLong

#9 naikii

naikii

Serf

• Lurker
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 11:20 AM

I agree that the WP threads probably overwhelmed the business and nailed the coffin closed on this guy, but there is a point where the store owner should have closed the online store to business, and sorted out the orders that were swamping him. IMHO he was not prepared to run a business, and bit off way more then he could chew. Remember that before the WP folk like me started getting really up in arms we had already waited up to a month before even getting communication from the guy. And none of that can be used as justification to blatantly lie to customers.

#10 .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Hero

• Mod
  • 21,368 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 11:26 AM

That's true naikii. Sounds like a series of unfortunate events to me. Stupidity from both sides of the affair.

#11 Aussie Infidel

Aussie Infidel

Journeyman

• Atomican
  • 140 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:36 PM

Just goes to show your better of paying a little more from a reputable business then going the cheap route, like the old saying if it seems too good to be true it usually means it is
I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

#12 MedicineBaby

MedicineBaby

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:02 PM

Well Monday has come and gone and still no item.

Aside from being incredibly angry I have managed to compose myself to send an email to Yadnum demanding for the tracking number by the end of tommorrow, and that I will accept no more excuses. If my item does not come tommorrow and I do not have the tracking number, I will be joining the long list of other people complaining to the Office of Fair Trading and looking to forward evidence to other legal organisations.

I am back at University and I have not got the time or patience anymore to be stuffed about like this along with many more people.

#13 naikii

naikii

Serf

• Lurker
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 07:38 PM

Medicinebaby I managed to get my refund from him, and a screenshot showing payment made on sat... hasnt cleared yet but I think this time it is the truth. I gave up giving him time for this to clear or that to be sent. I told him straight up that I was going to post my experiences on every website from wiki to youtube to review sites to forums (and thats how we came here) so that buyers would know to stay away from his store. In his mind he can get away from this mess and so he wants to limit bad press is my thoughts, after I dent him the email he got back to me with the refund details in 2 hours. Make sure whatever you decide you get proof. Screenshots/tracking number/phone number of the courier whatever/ Fair trade also found a number of his that actually works and contacted him. I suggest emailing him saying you are fed up and that you will not wait anymore, and provide a clear consequence for what will happen if he doesnt pay up.

#14 MavAMPC

MavAMPC

Serf

• Lurker
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:38 PM

I read most of it. Sounds like Whirlpool completely overwhelmed the business, and caused themselves grief via greed. You, and the others, don't have my sympathy until there is proof that this site is a scam.

I don't know whether people would be overly concerned about having your sympathy but I think readers of this Forum may be concerned about receiving accurate information.

1) This business has not been overwhelmed.
2) Whirlpool had absolutely nothing to do with the business being overwhelmed (not that it was).
3) There's ample proof that this was, at the very least, a bait price play. There's also a fair amount of anecdotal evidence that it could be a more virulent scam than that ... the jury's still out on that aspect.

There's one guy, who says he's an aged/invalid pensioner who spent $500 who "saved for months" to get it.
Am I a horrible person for laughing at this guy?

not sure why anyone would laugh at a pensioner being fleeced $500.

the WP threads probably overwhelmed the business and nailed the coffin closed on this guy

I'm surprised you'd still make that comment after what's happened.

Sounds like a series of unfortunate events to me. Stupidity from both sides of the affair.

That's actually not what's happened. And re the "stupidity" being on both sides, you might call some of the trusting purchasers "stupid" but that would be overly harsh. People who purchased before 19 Jan were wholly misled by a site (& site operator) that presented a veneer of legitimacy. But I don't know how you could possibly call the owner of the shop "stupid". He's made a killing. We'll never know exactly how much but it will definitely be a "well in the black" end result, unlike many of the people who paid for orders.

#15 .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Hero

• Mod
  • 21,368 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:44 PM

As I said, we'll wait and see.

#16 iamthemaxx

iamthemaxx

Super Hero

• Super Hero
  • 29,287 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:49 PM

But I don't know how you could possibly call the owner of the shop "stupid". He's made a killing. We'll never know exactly how much but it will definitely be a "well in the black" end result, unlike many of the people who paid for orders.

If it is as bad as it seems, I hardly think he will be walking away with money.

#17 naikii

naikii

Serf

• Lurker
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 08:55 PM

I know not all agree with me Mav, and we have clashed a few times over this, but even after all thats happened I think that Yadnum started out with at least mostly-honest intentions. After all thats happened though we can only speculate what might have happened had WP not ran this guy so hard and fast. I think we can agree though that if it was intended to be legit then it was very poorly thought through and ultimately destined for failure with customers losing money, if not now then somewhere down the track. I think now it is really a mute point though, for Yadnum has shown himself to be perhaps the most unethical business owner I have ever dealt with, and the priority should be assisting those who have been affected to get their money back, and warning those who have not to stay well clear.

#18 tantryl

tantryl

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 41,933 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 09:02 PM

But I don't know how you could possibly call the owner of the shop "stupid". He's made a killing. We'll never know exactly how much but it will definitely be a "well in the black" end result, unlike many of the people who paid for orders.

You have too much faith in the system.

I think the iCentral guy just spent all the money and got told not to do it again.
"Unless I call you a stupid goddamn liar to your face, I'm being light hearted." - tantryl, to all you evil fucks "Two things. Number one; I get hard when a woman cries. Number two; your daughter will never walk again." - Dr Glenn Richie

#19 MavAMPC

MavAMPC

Serf

• Lurker
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 09:38 PM

well that is exactly what he will be walking away with.

At best, the interest value on the money he's illegally "borrowed" (see sections 56(1) and 75AZJ of the TPA) - [and that "borrowing" has been speculated as being anywhere in the vicinity of $200,000 to $400,000].
At worst, the interest PLUS whatever he doesn't return to the many punters who just "accept" the loss and tire of chasing.

I know not all agree with me Mav, and we have clashed a few times over this, but even after all thats happened I think that Yadnum started out with at least mostly-honest intentions. After all thats happened though we can only speculate what might have happened had WP not ran this guy so hard and fast.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but you are wrong on this particular point. And I'm surprised that you still hold that view after what has happened to you.

I'd go as far as saying that there is zero chance that his bait pricing activity had a "mostly-honest" intention. It certainly had a dishonest intention. There is no question about that. He took money at bait prices with zero intention of supplying the goods. That is prima facie an offence. If he subsequently returns the funds and says sorry, sure he'll probably escape the wrath of the Authorities but it won't make it any less of an offence.

After all thats happened though we can only speculate what might have happened had WP not ran this guy so hard and fast.

WP didn't do anything to ths guy. He took a bucketload of money throughout December and up to the 19th January - and then held it until he started returning it to a few select people in dribs & drabs as recently as this week with many ppl reporting that they have still not received a refund. A child could have successfully managed to supply the goods ordered in a 5 week period - it's very simple. The problem he faced, however, is that it's impossible to supply goods at a price below which he could purchase the goods!!! ie. there was NEVER an intention to supply goods at the bait prices - it's very clear. Furthermore, it's equally very simple to return money you've received very promptly IF YOU HAVEN'T USED IT TO FUND ANOTHER PURPOSE. And why has he been stalling?? ... and why are the few refunds that are forthcoming, coming in dribs & drabs??? Because the funds were not left sitting in the bank where they should have legally remained.

I think now it is really a mute point though, for Yadnum has shown himself to be perhaps the most unethical business owner I have ever dealt with, and the priority should be assisting those who have been affected to get their money back, and warning those who have not to stay well clear.

But it's not a moot point. One has to understand what has happened to properly carry out that priority, ie. assisting those who have been affected to get their money back, and warning those who have not to stay well clear. The priority is correct but it can only be achieved if people understand what has happened.

Edited by MavAMPC, 23 February 2009 - 09:45 PM.

#20 MedicineBaby

MedicineBaby

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:10 PM

As I have said previously, I have printed all correspondence with Yadnum, which includes messages, faxes and emails. I have also typed up my own unofficial dossier like record of his business, of which I had gathered information from his previous website, ASIC, ABN search etc. A nice little protective sleeve full of information. If you were to read (those who are not in this mess) the correspondence between Yadnum and I you would quickly realise that he has been playing me along unfairly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users