• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#81 rayc

rayc

Serf

• Lurker
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 05:35 AM

I have lost $200 to this thief in the last month - plus I have paid my bank $50 to 'trace and recover' the money which has been fruitless so far (1 week down). I would be more than happy to join in a combined Court Case against him. If we share the costs then the burden is lessened, plus if there are more of us there as co-claimants he will have less than no hope. Please contact me.

#82 iamthemaxx

iamthemaxx

Super Hero

• Super Hero
  • 29,287 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 07:44 AM

I should add, I also took the fact that the shop was listed in price-search engines as some kind of verification of the shops legitimacy. I think this is something price-search sites should take into consideration. If they are to continue to allow anyone onto their price-lists they should make it abundantly clear that a shop's being listed is in no way an endorsement of that shop by the search-site. A warning sign stating such at the top of every page wouldn't be going too far in my opinion. Actually, if I could be bothered I'd go check the fine print on those search sites and see if they have left their arses hanging in the legal wind. I wouldn't sue them myself, but someone might be able to, or try to.

Come on now. Ever heard of buyer beware? Do you take everything Google shows you to be the absolute truth?
I didn't think so (to the second one that is).
These people make money by aggregating sites, not by protecting people who use their services. You have to take some degree of responsibility here or we will end up like the US where they will sue anything because they don't want to accept some part of the responsibility.

I appreciate you've been stooged, but making wild comments like that doesn't help anyone.

#83 les

les

Serf

• Lurker
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 04:59 PM

I should add, I also took the fact that the shop was listed in price-search engines as some kind of verification of the shops legitimacy. I think this is something price-search sites should take into consideration. If they are to continue to allow anyone onto their price-lists they should make it abundantly clear that a shop's being listed is in no way an endorsement of that shop by the search-site. A warning sign stating such at the top of every page wouldn't be going too far in my opinion. Actually, if I could be bothered I'd go check the fine print on those search sites and see if they have left their arses hanging in the legal wind. I wouldn't sue them myself, but someone might be able to, or try to.

Come on now. Ever heard of buyer beware? Do you take everything Google shows you to be the absolute truth?
I didn't think so (to the second one that is).
These people make money by aggregating sites, not by protecting people who use their services. You have to take some degree of responsibility here or we will end up like the US where they will sue anything because they don't want to accept some part of the responsibility.

I appreciate you've been stooged, but making wild comments like that doesn't help anyone.

I've edited my original post in case my comment was actually 'wild' and unhelpful. People can make up their own minds about that, about whether or not a dodgy 'business' gains some legitimacy it wouldn't otherwise have by being included with legitimate businesses on price-search sites and about whether those people making money off those sites are doing enough to promote 'buyer beware'. And in the meantime people (ordinary people, who don't know things like how people make money by aggregating sites, not internet veterans) will continue to get stooged. I won't argue with you (here or privately) over the other points you've made as that wouldn't be helpful either. I admit I did inadvertently introduce a side-track issue, sorry for that, that's the last I'll say about it here.

#84 MedicineBaby

MedicineBaby

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 08:24 PM

I can agree with les partially on this issue. On Yadnum's website, it actually had at the very bottom Listed in Shopmania. I mean to the ordinary person searching they may take this as some form of legitimacy.

When the shit essentially hits the fan, that ordinary person would not only pursue the store in question but would also probably pursue a site such as Shopmania for encouraging the practices and operations of the store. I know its one of those similar issues to film companies suing internet service providers for encouraging piracy, and realise that trying to enforce some policing of all sites listed is not a feasible option.

Just a question, how do sites get listed in places such as Shopbot and Shopmania?

#85 shifu

shifu

Serf

• Lurker
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:09 PM

Heh, at least you got your moneys worth of reality. :P

Always check the reputation of a store before purchasing off it. It's a matter of using Google for a full 2 seconds, and reading what usually is a Whirlpool thread of feedback. Some lessons in life happen to come at a cost.

Dude, I did the Google search and came up with nothing. The same would happen again with any new store.

So I'd add to the warning by saying, if you do a search and don't come up with anything, positive or negative, assume the worst and at least go as far as asking around until you do find someone that can give you feedback before committing any money. Further, do as I also did and try to contact the store to verify their legitimacy. Maybe even do a small test purchase. But under no circumstance do as I finally did and continue with a large payment without having heard back from the store, regardless of their being on holidays or any other excuse. Also, trust your instincts, if it feels like a gamble, as it did to me at the time, don't do it. Buying online isn't meant to be a gamble! You're not supposed to just click the button and hope for the best. If in doubt leave it out. If you can't ascertain for sure whether a store is legit or not, go elsewhere, regardless of whatever bait's being dangled before you. And if you decide you haven't got time to do any of that, then at least consider the time you'll be wasting later on if your gamble doesn't pay off, and think again.

I should add, I also took the fact that the shop was listed in price-search engines as some kind of verification of the shops legitimacy.

Something else people might consider is that it may be possible to join in as a co-claimant (or whatever you'd call it) on the CTTT hearing(s) that hasn't happened yet. A solicitor I got advice off suggested this to me. I've yet to contact the CTTT to find out how this would be done, but the idea is these hearings don't have to be one party against another, it can be several parties against one. It could save the hassle and time delay of every one of us starting separate hearings.

I applied for the CTTT hearing online

http://esd.cttt.nsw.gov.au/Application/Default.aspx

It is a simple matter of putting a list of names down and putting it on the request of the hearing date ... I already had my hearing. I wish I had know about all of you to have included other names.

#86 lollylegs

lollylegs

Serf

• Lurker
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:23 PM

like everyone else I gave $506 to Mr Mundog's retirement fund. I have already applied to the CTTT for a hearing but haven't received date yet. We all will probably have to go to court to issue a summons afterwards. If so I am prepared to send all my details if it will help anyone

#87 magnumxy

magnumxy

Master

• Atomican
  • 657 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 04:41 PM

look i got duped for $200 for a "2nd hand cosmos 1000 case" on ebay. i was extremely pissed off and tried chasing him up and ebay didnt help one bit, they closed down his account and would not disclose his info WTF? Anyways you can learn several things, only buy from reputable sellers, dont buy expensive things from ebay and authorities do jackshit.
i5 750 | G.Skill Trident | EAH4870 512MB | P7P55D Deluxe | Seagate 500GB | Corsair 620w | Antec 1200 | MEGATRON!!!

#88 gh498

gh498

Serf

• Lurker
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 07:49 PM

Just signed up so I can add my sad story about Yadnum Computers :( I to got sucked in by the "bait" item, an i7 920, and a couple of SAS Seagate HDD's, back in Dec '08, placed an order after getting an email of confirmation of stock, so I am down $911. I have had my bank onto it, as it was a direct deposit payment, got a letter from yesterday stating that it was unsuccessful, also had the OFT onto it, they couldn't contact Munday, so that was that, I too could spend the $33 to register for a hearing, but really, what's the point, when the so & so won't turn up, so much for an "order" !!!..... he's done the bolt. So I'm thinkin' my refund is coming from KRudd....Live & Learn...the HARD way :( Cheers

#89 MedicineBaby

MedicineBaby

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 09:34 PM

If he fails to might an order demanding a refund then it's a criminal matter after that for sure. Definately pursue it if you're in NSW. $911 is a lot of money to spend and then to give up on.

#90 les

les

Serf

• Lurker
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 02:48 AM

I too could spend the $33 to register for a hearing, but really, what's the point, when the so & so won't turn up, so much for an "order" !!!

Heya mate, sorry to hear you're in the same boat. It's understandable that you'd want to just move on. Do whatever suits you.

I do think you should follow up on it a bit further though. It aint over 'til it's over and all that. There are avenues still being explored in regards to getting our money back and if they don't pan out, it may still be possible to make sure (legally) the guy in question is left in no position to do this sort of thing again. So who knows what might happen? As I said, this isn't over yet, and in some ways it's just starting.

I'd say at least register here - http://z8.invisionfr...php?showforum=1 even if just to monitor other people's progress in trying to see that justice is done. At this point the more people who come forward the better. If you just can't be bothered or whatever, thanks anyway for sharing your story here.

#91 gh498

gh498

Serf

• Lurker
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:44 AM

I too could spend the $33 to register for a hearing, but really, what's the point, when the so & so won't turn up, so much for an "order" !!!

Heya mate, sorry to hear you're in the same boat. It's understandable that you'd want to just move on. Do whatever suits you.

I do think you should follow up on it a bit further though. It aint over 'til it's over and all that. There are avenues still being explored in regards to getting our money back and if they don't pan out, it may still be possible to make sure (legally) the guy in question is left in no position to do this sort of thing again. So who knows what might happen? As I said, this isn't over yet, and in some ways it's just starting.

I'd say at least register here - http://z8.invisionfr...php?showforum=1 even if just to monitor other people's progress in trying to see that justice is done. At this point the more people who come forward the better. If you just can't be bothered or whatever, thanks anyway for sharing your story here.

Thanks for the reply & info,...I WILL sign up on the other forum later today, and will follow the "progress"...hopefully this IS just the beginning, this mongrel shouldn't really get away with this, without some sort of "fight".

I guess when you get told by a BIG bank, and the OFT that they couldn't do much due to not being able to contact him, it almost seems that's the end of it !!!!

Cheers

#92 louism

louism

Serf

• Lurker
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:16 PM

posted on the yadnum dedicated forum: === i just got off the phone with det. paul fenwick (his direct line is 02 9728 8436 if you need to contact him). he has just come back from leave. he said that only a few people have made police complaints. he had spoken with two other fraud victims whove lodged complaints (one in adelaide, one in tasmana). he said that this case is likely to be considered low priority because of the nature of it (i.e. they have robberies, assults, rapes to deal with first). also, only a few people have made formal complaints. the bottom line is this - if we want police action taken against michael monday, more people need to lodge formal complaints. its not as hard as it seems. this is all you do (and what i did). step-by-step guide: 1. get some copies of relavant documents like receipts for what you bought from yadnum, printouts of your bank statement where the money has been withdrawn. 2. write up a few bullet points with dates and facts (e.g. "31/12/2008 - placed order for $2000 for a laptop with yadnum", etc). 3. rock on down to you local cop-shop and say "i would like to lodge a complaint regarding an internet fraud". 4. let the policeman know that a detective paul fenwick has been assigned to the case, and that the case number is: E36901744. thats about it, the police officer will do the rest. he will write up a sheet and send it to NSW. it will generally go to fairfield police station. if you want help with any of the process, you can email me on louis_mar(a)hotmail.com ===

#93 gun_sl1nger

gun_sl1nger

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:00 AM

Have you tried contacting the Media (A current affair/Today Tonight) ? This sounds like a story they might be able to help with.

#94 lg9142

lg9142

Master

• Atomican
  • 550 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:13 PM

Have you tried contacting the Media (A current affair/Today Tonight) ? This sounds like a story they might be able to help with.

Exactly what I was about to say. Get together a bunch of disgruntled shoppers and go to ACA. Hell, if they dedicate more than 3 seconds to Chk-Chk Boom girl they must be desperate.

Seriously though, it's as good an idea as any.

#95 moofactory

moofactory

Champion

• Atomican
  • 7,449 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 02:13 PM

Acc And police.

#96 MavAMPC

MavAMPC

Serf

• Lurker
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:04 PM

... a bit behind the times with those suggestions. ACA & TT were both contacted long ago by multiple people who have lost money. Ditto for the Police in multiple states, Offices of Fair Trading in multiple states, ACCC, ATO & ASIC. Unfortunately scamming of this type is not an uncommon thing.

#97 MavAMPC

MavAMPC

Serf

• Lurker
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 09:58 PM

For anyone still gullible enough to have had false hope that Munday's Yadnum "Christmas Special" was not a scam, there is news.

This email was today received by one of the victims of the Yadnum scam from a Computer Wholesaler. I will leave the name of the Computer Wholesaler out - they are free to post if they wish - but at least the email will serve as a heads up to anyone who is approached by Munday's new vehicle, ie. "Level 4 Technology".

Hi,

I have just read your blog re the Hunt for Michael Munday and thought the following might be of some help to you.

I work for a I.T. Computer Wholesale Company based in Victoria.

Michael is now trading under the name:-

Level 4 Technology
Suite 106, 3 The Crescent,
Homebush Bay NSW

Phone: 0400 663 311
Email: Michaelmunday@gmail.com
ABN: 86 136 606 641 - Registered as a Pty Ltd Company on the 15/04/09.

He is now purchasing goods with false proof of payment. He is doctoring documents to look as though he has paid via eft however the money never comes through – by this time he has already obtained the goods. We have since discovered he has also done this with another of our resellers.

I will also be in contact with Det. Paul Fenwick.

Thanks for your information – too bad we didn’t see this earlier.

Regards,

For further information, see this Forum http://s8.zetaboards...BewareofYadnum/

Edited by MavAMPC, 06 October 2009 - 10:08 PM.

#98 tantryl

tantryl

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 41,933 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 10:38 PM

HE COULD BE INNOCENT AND LOVE THE BABY JESUS! YOU DON'T KNOW! :P
"Unless I call you a stupid goddamn liar to your face, I'm being light hearted." - tantryl, to all you evil fucks "Two things. Number one; I get hard when a woman cries. Number two; your daughter will never walk again." - Dr Glenn Richie

#99 nesquick

nesquick

Titan

• Atomican
  • 19,783 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 11:03 PM

Someone should just pay the hells angels to go pay him a visit.
STEAM/BC2 name: AllNightmareLong

#100 built by noob

built by noob

Journeyman

• Lurker
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 05:55 PM

[quote name='nesquick' date='Oct 6 2009, 11:03 PM' post='448164']
Someone should just pay the hells angels to go pay him a visit.
[/quote

lol setup a fake overseas whole sale it web site offering free shipping for orders over 20000 min 25% deposit rest on receipt of goods lol easy 5k back off him
2EZ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users