• Please log in to reply
251 replies to this topic

#241 Kung Fu Hung-Su

Kung Fu Hung-Su

Champion

• Atomican
  • 7,086 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 11:46 PM

Hi Cybes! Thanks for keeping this alive!

I suspect a forum post may not be the best way to keep this going. Do you have any thoughts?

Hung-Su, atomic's resident PC RPG modder. http://forums.atomic...showtopic=13730

#242 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 18,306 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 03:07 AM

I suspect a forum post may not be the best way to keep this going. Do you have any thoughts?

TBH, I don't really see how else you could do it. At least, not on this sort of scale.

You could do it nicely with a GameFAQs-like website, but either maintenance would get to be a nightmare very fast, or you'd need your own farm for the storage to mirror all the mods yourself.

BTW, that was spectacularly quick. I had no idea you were still around, dude. :)

Edited by Cybes, 22 April 2016 - 03:08 AM.

"Reality does not care what you think." - Dr Richard Feynman
"There is no "I" in team." - "True.  I will not be found in any team."

#243 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 18,306 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 05:13 PM

oops

Edited by Cybes, 22 April 2016 - 05:14 PM.

#244 Kung Fu Hung-Su

Kung Fu Hung-Su

Champion

• Atomican
  • 7,086 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 12:38 AM

I still haunt the corridors here and there :)

It's a tricky problem. This post basically competes directly with Steam Workshop and NexusMods. The difference is it has a niche - any and all PC RPGs, as well as curation - both nexus mods and steam workshop can let any crap come in and detract from the good stuff.

I wouldn't attempt to mirror all the mods myself - links to mods like my post are probably "good enough" for now. I was actually thinking something more like a wiki. Something that a handful of dedicated modders maintain for their own purposes, that just happens to be useful for other people too. Problem is, what wiki is powerful enough for the purpose?

Hung-Su, atomic's resident PC RPG modder. http://forums.atomic...showtopic=13730

#245 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 18,306 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 02:42 AM

Problem is, what wiki is powerful enough for the purpose?

There, I'm afraid, I can't help you at all. Last time I had diddly to do with this sort of thing, Wiki hadn't been invented yet! :p

And yeah, I thought of Nexus about 30 minutes after I made the post. Came to the same conclusion: they're a catchment; this is a filter.

#246 Chaos.Lady

Chaos.Lady

Goddess

• Mod
  • 79,477 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 09:54 AM

OMFG.  WHY did I not know about this thread?

Thanks guys, this is awesome.

In the light universe I have been darkness. Perhaps in the dark zone I can be light...

Take the boat, promise me 
Never to tell
The secrets you know,
Of the Angel in Hell.

#247 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 18,306 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 10:22 AM

/blink

/blinkityblink-blink-blink

It's been going for literally years, CL. I can only assume you don't frequent this sub?

#248 AccessDenied

AccessDenied

Guru

• Hero
  • 12,483 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 01:35 PM

/blink

/blinkityblink-blink-blink

It's been going for literally years, CL. I can only assume you don't frequent this sub?

Or..  Noone reads the stickies.  

AD

I can make my own woggle! Bet you can't woggle yours.

#249 Chaos.Lady

Chaos.Lady

Goddess

• Mod
  • 79,477 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 02:27 PM

Yeah, I think it's the "stickies become kinda invisible" thing more than me not visiting.  I try to wander through all sections periodically, but I have apparently missed this thread each time.

In the light universe I have been darkness. Perhaps in the dark zone I can be light...

Take the boat, promise me 
Never to tell
The secrets you know,
Of the Angel in Hell.

#250 Kung Fu Hung-Su

Kung Fu Hung-Su

Champion

• Atomican
  • 7,086 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 03:53 PM

Oh hi Chaos.Lady. You might not know about me, but I know about you! xD

Yeah, this version of the thread is literally years old. The previous thread that inspired this back in Atomic 2.0, if it were still going, just hit 10 years of age last week

http://archive.atomi...=1&c=12&t=10873

Just realised I "quit single player RPGs" in that thread. That sure didn't last long :P

Problem is, what wiki is powerful enough for the purpose?

There, I'm afraid, I can't help you at all. Last time I had diddly to do with this sort of thing, Wiki hadn't been invented yet! :p

And yeah, I thought of Nexus about 30 minutes after I made the post. Came to the same conclusion: they're a catchment; this is a filter.

Heh, I have the opposite problem. I know there are many wikis around, and I could also build my own entirely from scratch if need be. Just the hard question of what would be best for the people. 

More important question Cybes, if I were to set up such a wiki, would you want to add to it? :)

#251 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 18,306 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 04:24 PM

More important question Cybes, if I were to set up such a wiki, would you want to add to it? :)

Sure. But I'd be putting stuff in there about as fast as I have here - which amounts to about 1 entry (of a dozen points!) per year! ;)

#252 AccessDenied

AccessDenied

Guru

• Hero
  • 12,483 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 01:12 PM

http://resurrection.cz/en/

Fallout 2 Mod.

It creates the story of Fallout 1.5.   Set after Fallout 1, but before Fallout 2 in the state of New Mexico (So way way WAY away from original location).

This is a full 'conversion mod'.  It's new story.  New cut videos.  New story.  New pretty much everything.  But true to Fallout cannon.  

Truly an amazing mod.  If you loved Fallout 1&2 you will love this.

AD

I can make my own woggle! Bet you can't woggle yours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users