Photo

Nokia issue: "Certificate may not yet be valid, is expired or phone's date setting may be incorrect."

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ashlar

Ashlar

Charge

• Atomican
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:56 AM

As per the title... I get an error: "Certificate may not yet be valid, is expired or phone's date setting may be incorrect." whenever I try to install PC Suite support on my N96 from PC Suite. I have successfully installed and use Nseries PC Suite at home with the N96, but its pretty much all media-oriented and lacks support for simple things like SMS and contact access (idiots).

Phone date/time/timezone is correct.. as is the same on the PC.

So I've read on Nokia forums that using Nseries with normal Nokia PC Suite is fine, and that you can get that functionality, but everytime i try to install the support on the phone (either via USB or BT) it fails with that error message for every package. =/

Just thought I'd ask here before going and signing up for the Nokia forums, as i'm not yet a member there.

Any ideas/suggestions would be muchly appreciated.

TIA.

Update1: After trying it again, I can actually actually send SMS's (it was failing before, because it was still trying to install packages and failing). But still every time I connect, it tells me the PC Suite support is not up to date. >_<

-A-
[Edit: update]

Edited by Ashlar, 06 May 2009 - 11:00 AM.

DH: "Ashlar, too cool for focus."

#2 Girvo

Girvo

Learner

• Hero
  • 20,572 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:31 PM

I _think_ you'll wanna chuck your date backwards a year or so to get it to work. I think. Either backwards or forwards to install it. I pulled that trick on a mates E71, and I'm not sure if it'll work... but try!
brains: NO U R RONG N00B VISTA IS 4 N00BZ N LINUX IS HIPPIE SHIT

#3 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Learner

• Hero
  • 17,488 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 12:18 PM

yep. 2007 AFAIK is the magic year for most software. You may wanna lok up how to 'crack' your phone so it doesnt worry about dates,certificates or signing anymore. Not for illegal purposes, just because its a damn hastle NOT to.
Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy. I'm good at video games, I can fix a computer, I can fix a car, I like long walks, I can make you a really good sandwich, unfortunately, I'm a dude...

#4 Ashlar

Ashlar

Charge

• Atomican
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 12:54 PM

Ok cool... I have looked into cracking it and stuff. Read somewhere that that may void warranty... true? I did try the turning the date back thing, but it didn't work. And it turns out I could install the PC Suite software to the phone from my home PC, it was just my work laptop that it wouldn't work from. I spoke to another guy at work, and he reckons there's something fucked up in our domain group policy that causes shit to screw up like that. Bah! Oh well, at least its working now. -A-

#5 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Learner

• Hero
  • 17,488 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 04:26 PM

If you ever needed warranty, i'd just start a firmware update, then unplug it half way through. Return it for a new reflashing. lol. worth it in my books.
Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy. I'm good at video games, I can fix a computer, I can fix a car, I like long walks, I can make you a really good sandwich, unfortunately, I'm a dude...

#6 AccessDenied

AccessDenied

Apprentice

• Hero
  • 11,833 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 07:31 PM

Just reinstall the OS for it for warranty. It defaults everything. When you take it in for repairs "I tried to reinstall the OS just in case that fixed it". AD
I can make my own woggle! Bet you can't woggle yours.

#7 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Learner

• Hero
  • 17,488 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 08:23 PM

or as i said, if its broken so it WONT reinstall the OS, BREAK the OS, they reflash it as part of every service anyway.

#8 Ashlar

Ashlar

Charge

• Atomican
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 09:07 PM

Cool...
Thanks for that idea, Master_Scythe.

-A-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users