• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Shikimaru

Shikimaru

Champion

• Atomican
  • 5,788 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 05:50 PM

I've run out of magic Nachos Spice mix.. Please help me put the right spices in my nachos! :D
Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

#2 tantryl

tantryl

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 41,933 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:03 PM

Paprika, cayenne and chilli. A bit of cumin is good too.
"Unless I call you a stupid goddamn liar to your face, I'm being light hearted." - tantryl, to all you evil fucks "Two things. Number one; I get hard when a woman cries. Number two; your daughter will never walk again." - Dr Glenn Richie

#3 Shikimaru

Shikimaru

Champion

• Atomican
  • 5,788 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:05 PM

THANKYOU!!!
Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

#4 Juggalo Scrub

Juggalo Scrub

Titan

• Hero
  • 29,429 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:07 PM

Cumin. Must have cumin. I dont mind a bit of coriander in mine either, but not too much.
"To be is to do" - Socrates "To do is to be" - Sartre "Do Be Do Be Do" - Sinatra

#5 ArcaneMagik

ArcaneMagik

Guru

• Atomican
  • 10,135 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:07 PM

Paprika, cayenne and chilli. A bit of cumin is good too.

This.

But I would make sure you have garlic and onion as well.

Salt and Pepper for standard seasoning.

(Cumin is a must not an add-on)
Is it possible for a DnD Cleric to be an agnostic? Come on, a pillar of fire raining down on your enemies is hardly proof of a divine being.

#6 Oracle X

Oracle X

Guru

• Hero
  • 12,128 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:35 PM

Try Nacho cheese, I heard they go well with nachos. :-P
You don't have to rely on other people if you never miss.

#7 VannA

VannA

Guru

• Super Hero
  • 13,662 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:49 PM

Try Nacho cheese, I heard they go well with nachos. :-P

I fry some finely diced onions with Paprika, Cayenne, Cumin, fresh cut garlic and some finely diced fresh chilli. I add some fine capsicum, and then a tin of tomatoes and kidney beans.

If I'm doing meat nachos, I add that then too.

After the meat is browned, I'll add some corn.

If I feel like a sauce with more body, I'll add re-fried beans as well.

Then I put a touch of vinegar in, and let it simmer and reduce it.

In the mean time, I do one layer of chips with a mix of Mozerella and Cheddar, in the oven, till the cheese browns

Then I ladle the mixture into onto the chips, and add another layer of corn chips and cheese, and oven bake, then serve.

I loves it.

#8 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 35,331 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 07:10 PM

The Coles own brand Mexican chilli beans goes well.

#9 LogicprObe

LogicprObe

Colossus

• Banned
  • 66,256 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 07:41 PM

Extra chilli.

#10 Juggalo Scrub

Juggalo Scrub

Titan

• Hero
  • 29,429 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 08:34 PM

actually, forget the vinegar. a splash of lemon (or lime) juice will really add that zing to it.
"To be is to do" - Socrates "To do is to be" - Sartre "Do Be Do Be Do" - Sinatra

#11 Saponification

Saponification

Contributor

• Super Hero
  • 38,838 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 08:36 PM

Cumin, chilli, paprika, allspice, fresh coriander, a squeeze of lime. If you're making your own salsa, you'll be using red onion, tomato and cucumber. I forgot jalapeno, of course. Fresh, not pickled.

Edited by Saponification, 14 July 2009 - 07:25 AM.

#12 CheekyChops

CheekyChops

Titan

• Hero
  • 17,201 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 11:02 PM

I always make a guacamole for nachoes, i hate the stuff that is premade and in a jar by Old El Paso! It is simple and quick to make, just chuck all the ingrediants in a food processer and whiz it up until its a smooth consistancy. 1 large avacado generous splash of olive oil juice of half a lemon, more if you think it needs it few splashes of tabasco sauce 1 whole red chilli or a teaspoon of minced chilli 2 cloves garlic, more if you want it salt to taste Whiz it up and you have the best guacamole!
The Gospel According to Chezekiel: I <3 Juggalo Scrub xox Atomic M33t X, Sydney August 21st 2010 - Be there! Winnar of the Atomic Cosplay Comp and Nekkid Comp '07

#13 LogicprObe

LogicprObe

Colossus

• Banned
  • 66,256 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:56 AM

What about the beans, Cheeky?

#14 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 43,352 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:10 AM

Vanna makes really good Mexican-style fare : )
"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#15 CheekyChops

CheekyChops

Titan

• Hero
  • 17,201 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:42 AM

What about the beans, Cheeky?

We put the beans in with the beef mince, just use the coles brand tin, does the job nicely!

i cant have nachoes without sour cream and guacamole, nom nom nom.
The Gospel According to Chezekiel: I <3 Juggalo Scrub xox Atomic M33t X, Sydney August 21st 2010 - Be there! Winnar of the Atomic Cosplay Comp and Nekkid Comp '07

#16 Kommando

Kommando

Guru

• Atomican
  • 15,070 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:55 AM

whatever your choice of chilli, be it paprika, cayenne, smoked or fresh cumin allspice, else chinese 5 spice just a dash refried beans avocado, lime, salt, pepper.
"You are richest by doing what you enjoy the most" -Skull

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users