188 replies to this topic

#1 iamthemaxx

iamthemaxx

Super Hero

• Super Hero
  • 29,287 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 11:38 AM

Here is the original - http://archive.atomi...p...c=9&t=14384
And after a few recent purchases I figured it's high time we started another one!

====================================================

PC Case Gear
Rating - 10/10
The last time I bought from these guys was a while ago and while they had awesome service and a great range of high end kit, their prices were always high in comparison.
But my new build was sourced entirely from them, shipped to me the next day and the pricing was under a hundred dollars of the cheapest. They also changed the originally ordered mobo (due to none in stock) and added an SSD and still got it to me the next day.

I can't help but give these guys 10/10 this time round.

#2 tantryl

tantryl

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 41,933 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 11:56 AM

MSY Balcatta 9/10 Great prices, no queues, good return service, reasonable stock levels. Seems to lack all the problems most people complain about for other branches of MSY. Hopefully their lack of busy-ness doesn't mean they won't last. Their staff aren't particularly knowledgeable, but then again most stores in WA don't have knowledgeable staff.
"Unless I call you a stupid goddamn liar to your face, I'm being light hearted." - tantryl, to all you evil fucks "Two things. Number one; I get hard when a woman cries. Number two; your daughter will never walk again." - Dr Glenn Richie

#3 Lambo

Lambo

Titan

• Super Hero
  • 22,976 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 12:00 PM

Allneeds Computers
Rating - 10/10
Easily the cheapest guys I've found who arn't MSY. I bought 2x WD 1TB HDD's from them for $93! Fast shipping and good communication. Can't argue with beating MSY by $2 a drive! Worth checking out if you don't mind shipping if your not in Adelaide.

#4 mudg3

mudg3

Guru

• Atomican
  • 9,053 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 12:22 PM

Here is the original - http://archive.atomi...p...c=9&t=14384
And after a few recent purchases I figured it's high time we started another one!

====================================================

PC Case Gear
Rating - 10/10
The last time I bought from these guys was a while ago and while they had awesome service and a great range of high end kit, their prices were always high in comparison.
But my new build was sourced entirely from them, shipped to me the next day and the pricing was under a hundred dollars of the cheapest. They also changed the originally ordered mobo (due to none in stock) and added an SSD and still got it to me the next day.

I can't help but give these guys 10/10 this time round.

Going to have to agree with you there +1 to PC case gear. Always friendly efficient and if I have an issue they are more then willing to help.
3930K ||Corsair H110 || ASUS Rampage IV ||16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3@1877mhz||ATI 7970||250gb Samsung 840||2x4tb||DELL2711||Corsair 650D|| ASUS Essence STX ||Audio Engine A2's||Aiaiai:TMA-1||Enermax 1050w|| Atomics resident filth

#5 iamthemaxx

iamthemaxx

Super Hero

• Super Hero
  • 29,287 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 09:33 AM

MSY Ultimo (NSW)
4/10 (only cause they are cheap)

While these guys are cheap, they really suck. Their site is shit (PDF price list!) and their service is only just bearable.
Now I know they are all these because they are pushing parts out as cheap as possible, but when you can pay a little more (and it's getting littler), there are far better alternatives.

Also for anyone interested, this guy has done MSY's job and created a half decent site that scrapes the prices ever 5 minutes;
http://msy.arpatubes.net/

Edited by iamthemaxx, 23 September 2009 - 09:33 AM.

#6 tantryl

tantryl

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 41,933 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 11:01 AM

I'd like to note, I find the PDF price list is the most useful one available. I hate categorized web pages that require you to bounce all over the joint and wait for pages to load. One PDF file. Most of what you need on one page. Easy.
"Unless I call you a stupid goddamn liar to your face, I'm being light hearted." - tantryl, to all you evil fucks "Two things. Number one; I get hard when a woman cries. Number two; your daughter will never walk again." - Dr Glenn Richie

#7 iamthemaxx

iamthemaxx

Super Hero

• Super Hero
  • 29,287 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 11:12 AM

Each to their own!

#8 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Charge

• Atomican
  • 303 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:03 PM

another 10/10 for PCcasegear from me. ive bought from them a number of times, and each time has been fantastic. easy to deal with, fast, and there prices are getting a lot more competitive of late.
Im G-relks Work alt, just to save confusion

#9 .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

.:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Hero

• Mod
  • 21,368 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:54 PM

PC Case Gear
8/10
Decent prices and service. They didn't respond to some of my queries, which annoyed me. Nonetheless, they're trustworthy and I'd buy from them again if I had to.

ITEstate
10/10
Awesome prices, same day delivery (in my case). Service is great too. Cannot be happier!

MSY (Auburn)
6/10
Cheap and nasty. If you enjoy waiting in line for in excess of 30 minutes, only to find out that they have no stock, it's the place to be!

Edited by .:Cyb3rGlitch:., 16 June 2012 - 12:34 AM.

"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan
"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." - Mark Twain

An open mind is willing to consider new ideas, while provisionally accepting those backed by empirical evidence, and provisionally rejecting those without.

#10 tantryl

tantryl

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 41,933 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 03:10 PM

NetPlus Osborne Park & Myaree 8/10 Good prices on a lot of items, but overpriced on others. Good stock levels, and handy stock level indicator on website. Rare to have to queue, quick to process orders and payments, very friendly and helpful staff. Good shipping prices, and prompt delivery within WA (probably interstate too, but no personal experience). Austin Osborne Park 6/10 Annoying store price/internet price difference. Prices similar to NetPlus - good some places, bad others. Queues for both ordering and pick-up that move very slowly (I swear the guys at the dispatch counter are playing a game to see which of them can take the longest to get the least amount of items). Even if you order in advance, expect about a 15 minute wait to get a small order, maybe 20-25 minutes to get a big one. Staff helpful, but sedate and uninterested for the most part.

Edited by tantryl, 23 September 2009 - 03:11 PM.

#11 makdaddy

makdaddy

Learner

• Lurker
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 04:05 PM

MSY Ultimo (NSW)
3/10

Only good because of price. Terrible customer service, warranty system is ridiculous - you better hope you don't get a faulty part. On top of this, long lines and low stock, sometimes waiting for nothing. They barely answer their phones, e-mail response is not lightning fast either. Also, floor etc is dirty and cables are everywhere. However, great location, good prices.

#12 raradawg

raradawg

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 11:37 PM

Haha! I remember when MSY Ultimo said they had my item (Antec 900 back in the day), so I said if I could leave one under my name and I'll pick it up in two hours, they said ok, then I went there and they said they sold it. I haven't been there since.

PC Case Gear
10/10
Excellent customer service, highly recommended. I made an order and in there was a Gadget (Solar Panel to USB) So I made my order and they were about to clear it when they said they didn't have any stock and they weren't getting anymore in stock. I gave them a call and everything was sorted out withing 3 minutes. They aren't the cheapest, but you have to admit, they need some profit in order to keep their customer support alive.

IT Estate
10/10
This branch in North Rocks is great. They have heaps of stock in their 'garage' and they are a nice bunch of Asians. They are serious and mean business. Their prices are mint! Even though their branch is a 10 minute drive, I have also gotten a courier service done, which was done quite fast with Fastway Couriers which was awesome.

Fluidtek IT
4/10
Was going to give 2 because I hate him so much. He has great prices. Everyday is a new sale. He does not take any jokes. He is weird. You've got to know everything you want when you enter the shop. Sometimes if you are after a CPU and he is on low stock, he will tell you to buy a motherboard with it, or pay like $50 more, which is understandable, but the way he says it is soo rude. I seriously want to egg his face on Halloween.

|| Intel Core i5 4690k | Asus Maximus VII Hero | 16GB RAM | Gigabyte GTX 670 | Seagate 4TB SSHD Hybrid | Pioneer DVR-216 | Corsair HX-650 | Lian Li A71 | Logitech G15 | Razer DeathAdder V2 || Steam: rara5

#13 RenascentMisanthropy

RenascentMisanthropy

Guru

• Atomican
  • 9,669 posts

Posted 03 October 2009 - 04:36 PM

CCPU
8/10
Cheapest prices on the net that I've found so far. Good communication. Fast postage. They fall behind in their lack of products, and only have direct deposit. But if you're just after a CPU or a few HDD's, can't go wrong.

Edited by RenascentMisanthropy, 03 October 2009 - 04:37 PM.

Slycake i7 6700 + cyrorig r1 ultimate, asus z170m-plus, 16gb corsair 3200, evga gtx 970 4gb, 256gb m2 sammy pro, 1tb sshd, corsair cs650m.

#14 Gamertech

Gamertech

Charge

• Atomican
  • 456 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:15 PM

Sorry Iamthemaxx but I have to shoot you down... PCCASEGEAR 0/10 I bought some gear there recently, and it all arrived quickly and intact, at a good price, no problem with that. The problem is, that exactly a week after I bought from them, with no other transactions on my card, someone started using my card details over the phone to buy random shit, so as I said I haven't used this card anywhere else, so it is definitely them. Although they give good service, and have a good line of parts, I really can't stand thieves, so no more business from me. And yes the website was encrypted with 128-bit SSL, and no I didn't have any keyloggers, viruses, etc. on my pc.
i7 i860 4.12GHz, Asus P7P55D Deluxe, Corsair 8GB DDR3 2100, Corsair Force GT 120GB + WD Black 2TB, Gainward GTX590, Swiftech/EK Liquid cooling "That whooshing sound as I open a new part is the warranty flying off to find someone who cares" Darwin Awards: Making the human race smarter - one idiot at a time

#15 iamthemaxx

iamthemaxx

Super Hero

• Super Hero
  • 29,287 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:31 PM

Sorry Iamthemaxx but I have to shoot you down...
PCCASEGEAR 0/10
I bought some gear there recently, and it all arrived quickly and intact, at a good price, no problem with that. The problem is, that exactly a week after I bought from them, with no other transactions on my card, someone started using my card details over the phone to buy random shit, so as I said I haven't used this card anywhere else, so it is definitely them. Although they give good service, and have a good line of parts, I really can't stand thieves, so no more business from me. And yes the website was encrypted with 128-bit SSL, and no I didn't have any keyloggers, viruses, etc. on my pc.

I assume you reported this to your credit card company and the police.

Sorry, but I don't think they are to blame here. What did PCCG have to say for themselves when you contacted them?

Edited by iamthemaxx, 19 October 2009 - 02:41 PM.

#16 Gamertech

Gamertech

Charge

• Atomican
  • 456 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:58 PM

I assume you reported this to your credit card company and the police.

Sorry, but I don't think they are to blame here. What did PCCG have to say for themselves when you contacted them?

I have reported it to the company, the card has been flagged, waiting for them to use it again. They said not to contact the actual company for the time being, as it will probably lead to the person dumping the details, and making them pretty much impossible to catch. But no-one else has my details, I got this card 5 months ago, I used it for the 1st time to order some gear off PCCG, and a week later someone's out hitting the shops, so the only place where the details were stored was in the servers of PCCG.
i7 i860 4.12GHz, Asus P7P55D Deluxe, Corsair 8GB DDR3 2100, Corsair Force GT 120GB + WD Black 2TB, Gainward GTX590, Swiftech/EK Liquid cooling "That whooshing sound as I open a new part is the warranty flying off to find someone who cares" Darwin Awards: Making the human race smarter - one idiot at a time

#17 mudg3

mudg3

Guru

• Atomican
  • 9,053 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:05 PM

Lol do you know that employee's of Pc case gear come on these forums? I highly doubt that they would do such a thing. I think you have a problem else where.
3930K ||Corsair H110 || ASUS Rampage IV ||16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3@1877mhz||ATI 7970||250gb Samsung 840||2x4tb||DELL2711||Corsair 650D|| ASUS Essence STX ||Audio Engine A2's||Aiaiai:TMA-1||Enermax 1050w|| Atomics resident filth

#18 .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Hero

• Mod
  • 21,368 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:08 PM

It's not hard for malicious software to hijack a website.

"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." - Mark Twain

An open mind is willing to consider new ideas, while provisionally accepting those backed by empirical evidence, and provisionally rejecting those without.

#19 mudg3

mudg3

Guru

• Atomican
  • 9,053 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:13 PM

Its not the website that you'll find the problem it will be his PC. It's not hard for malicious software to hijack a computer either. In most cases its easier.

#20 .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Hero

• Mod
  • 21,368 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:15 PM

Indeed. Heck, they could even target the ISP itself! *spreads paranoia* :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users