188 replies to this topic

#181 scruffy1

scruffy1

Champion

• Hero
  • 5,246 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:36 PM

ocau :)

most of the computing gear in my house is from there (and also here)

thereafter i will also vouch for pc case gear for mail stuff, arc in chatswood for personal shopping (but like msy, not for the uninitiated), and a special nod to csv shop for not only the best deal on the planet for my wharfedale speakers, but returning a missed call almost instantly and being extremely knowledgeable about all aspects of the product - joe is a winnah !

ummmmmmmmmmm............

#182 stuub27

stuub27

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 3,195 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:31 PM

I'm going to purchase a new monitor: Asus PB278Q

I have come up with three online stores to choose from: Umart Sydney, IT Estate or PCCG

I am in Sydney, so PCCG has the most expensive shipping, but that is not so much the issue. I would love to hear opinions on service from people who have dealt with them before...

Thanks!

#183 .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

.:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Hero

• Mod
  • 21,364 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:33 PM

IT Estate and PCCG are both good. Haven't used Umart Sydney.

"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan
"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." - Mark Twain

An open mind is willing to consider new ideas, while provisionally accepting those backed by empirical evidence, and provisionally rejecting those without.

#184 stuub27

stuub27

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 3,195 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:41 PM

IT Estate and PCCG are both good. Haven't used Umart Sydney.

Thanks for that!

BTW (to all), I realise these stores are mentioned earlier in the thread, but the thread is pretty old...recent experience would be most appreciated :)

#185 mohawk

mohawk

Champion

• Atomican
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:54 PM

I'm going to purchase a new monitor: Asus PB278Q

I have come up with three online stores to choose from: Umart Sydney, IT Estate or PCCG

I am in Sydney, so PCCG has the most expensive shipping, but that is not so much the issue. I would love to hear opinions on service from people who have dealt with them before...

Thanks!

I have used both Umart Sydney and IT Estate and have been very happy with both. If your only choice is out of those 2 then go with the one that is either cheaper or is closer to you.

Atomic's Most Recommended Psu's Thread. http://forums.atomic...p?showtopic=266

#186 bowlen

bowlen

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 3,198 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 06:11 PM

I buy all my gear from PLE because of how close it is to me.  I can't see the point of going to PCCG if i have to get it posted and then have to wait half a week etc.  I'm also in WA though so that explains it.

Intel i7 3770k | Corsair 32GB Kit DDR3 | Vengeance C9 1600MHz | Samsung 250gb SSD | WD Caviar Green 3tb | WD Caviar Green 2tb | Seagate Barracuda 4tb | WD Black 2TB | AFOX GeForce GTX660 | TI ASRock Z77 Fatal1ty Professional LGA1155 ATX | Thermaltake Chaser A31 USB3.0 Black Mid Tower | Samsung 21.5" HD LED x 2 | Corsair AX860 860W 80PLUS

#187 dipsal

dipsal

Serf

• Lurker
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:08 AM

Recently bought some parts from IJK in Enfield in Sydney. They were very cheap and the order process is perhaps the best I've ever seen. Website is up to date and stock levels are live. Email support is quite quick. Lots of easy parking too :-)

Thanks IJK.

#188 Mr.Twinkie

Mr.Twinkie

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 3,328 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:24 PM

Wow that IJK place certainly does look good.

Cheers mate.

PC Specs: ASUS P7P55D-E Deluxe | i7 860 | R9 390 | Corsair TX-750W | 4GB G-Skill Ripjaws + 8GB Corsair Dominator | Antec 902 Case | ASUS MG279Q IPS Freesync Monitor

My momma always said I was special.

#189 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 34,501 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:28 PM

They used to have an associate store in Canberra->Fyshwick but it seems to have closed down.

Possibly due to the proximity of MSY who've been here since at least early 2014.  I've done almost all my computer gear purchases there since then.

Good prices but the busy times can mean 20-30 minutes waiting in a queue.

Mainly for comparo reasons and becuase I've not been for about 3 years I went to a computer fair http://www.computermarkets.com/cm/

Going back 3 years or so ago these were a fortnightly event and there'd be another one on most other weekends ran by a competing outfit.

The other guys are long gone and it seems now to be a monthly event.

Bottom line - barely worth going.  Still 3 bucks to get in.  All of about 7 vendors there on Saturday.  The ones at the showground were huge at their peak with easily 30+ vendors and plenty of competition and prices lower than most b&m and online stores.

This time around, prices nothing to get excited about.  No 2TB drive was under $100.  The thermal paste I paid $9 for is $6 at MSY.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users