• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

#21 mudg3

mudg3

Guru

• Atomican
  • 9,053 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 10:17 PM

It could even be the ISP's who are targeting us!
3930K ||Corsair H110 || ASUS Rampage IV ||16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3@1877mhz||ATI 7970||250gb Samsung 840||2x4tb||DELL2711||Corsair 650D|| ASUS Essence STX ||Audio Engine A2's||Aiaiai:TMA-1||Enermax 1050w|| Atomics resident filth

#22 Gamertech

Gamertech

Charge

• Atomican
  • 456 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 11:25 AM

All that's possible, but I find it unlikely the cause would be my computer, considering I checked it before going directly to their site with Kaspersky and Spybot beforehand, I know that it's always possible for something to slip through the scans, but these 2 have always been pretty thorough, and zone alarm was monitoring the transaction the whole time, and PCCG was displaying their new verifi certificate and encryption the whole time, meaning it's going to be bloody hard to snoop on the transmission. I'm not ripping PCCG as a whole, the service and stock are brilliant, but as everyone knows the network is only as secure as the most disgruntled employee, or someone who just wants a quick pay rise.

Edited by Gamertech, 20 October 2009 - 11:48 AM.

i7 i860 4.12GHz, Asus P7P55D Deluxe, Corsair 8GB DDR3 2100, Corsair Force GT 120GB + WD Black 2TB, Gainward GTX590, Swiftech/EK Liquid cooling "That whooshing sound as I open a new part is the warranty flying off to find someone who cares" Darwin Awards: Making the human race smarter - one idiot at a time

#23 iamthemaxx

iamthemaxx

Super Hero

• Super Hero
  • 29,287 posts

Posted 20 October 2009 - 08:53 PM

I'm not ripping PCCG as a whole, the service and stock are brilliant, but as everyone knows the network is only as secure as the most disgruntled employee, or someone who just wants a quick pay rise.

But you are just assuming that is the cause.
Who's not to say that someone just happened to hack your account (irrespective of you not using it), or that it was even possibly an employee of the credit card company or the bank.

#24 tantryl

tantryl

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 41,933 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 04:09 PM

Imma have to drop ma MSY Balcatta rating down to 7/10. My previous run of good stock levels has come to an abrupt stop as of about a week after I gave them such a good review. Can't make a PC parts order without making a bare minimum of 2 compromises, probably more. For example, right now they only have Seagate 500GB and 1.5TB drives in stock. Nothing else. It was good while it lasted. Still no lines, still reasonable service, still exceptional prices.

Edited by tantryl, 23 October 2009 - 04:10 PM.

"Unless I call you a stupid goddamn liar to your face, I'm being light hearted." - tantryl, to all you evil fucks "Two things. Number one; I get hard when a woman cries. Number two; your daughter will never walk again." - Dr Glenn Richie

#25 SceptreCore

SceptreCore

Guru

• Atomican
  • 9,570 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 12:42 PM

PC Case Gear.
Rating - 10/10
2 years ago I could never have purchased a full system from them, but now I have specced my upgrade from them. As for service, they have always been friendly, knowledgeable, and quick to deliver. They will always have my business. Great site, well presented, well documented, well done.

Techbuy
Rating - 6/10
I know I used to rave about them, but they are just too bloody expensive to be competitive now. However they have great service, helpful staff, and if I need a quick item like a HDD or something, they charge $9.90 air express Australia wide. Which is fantastic.

Megaware
Rating - 4/10.
Quite slow service, not entirely friendly, and they don't always respond to emails. Their new site is slow and full of flaws, and the most reasonable shipping they provide is Auspost. However they have competitive pricing, and will send you what you paid for.

Stonebridge Computing
Rating - 7/10
The site isn't that easy to navigate, their prices are the market median I'd say, and they don't always have much stock. But they are always friendly and professional when dealing with customers... and when it boils down to it, that goes a hell of a long way.

EDIT: layout

Edited by SceptreCore, 11 November 2009 - 12:59 PM.

Quote by nukejockey: You're so awesome man. RIG: Phenom II X2 550 @ 3.6GHz | MSI 990FX GD-80 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz | Radeon HD4870 @ 790/1050MHz | Patriot Pyro SSD 120GB SATAIII | 500GB + 1TB Barracuda's | LG GH22NS70 DVD-RW | Xigmatek Red Scorpion | Corsair HX650W | CM690

#26 tunksy

tunksy

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 12:51 PM

why has nobody mentioned scorptech? delt with the a couple of times, one time had to jump through hoops with an RMA for a stiker II but they were bloody brilliant and fast always offered advice and gave me alternative options, sure their prices are generally 20 30 bucks higher, but they are extremely trust worthy, even had firned buy $5000pc's from them. 9/10 (just ti nitpick the prices hehe otherwise 10) PC Case Gear, again used them a good number of times, very reliable, called me when they were out of stock on a fan the next morning after placing my order (they woke me up!) suggested alternatives and were very helpful, quick delivery competitive pricing (what scorptech should be matching) and has a great range of products including WCing. 10/10
2500k @4.8ghz 24/7/ P67M-Pro / 8GB 2133mhz ballistix /GTX680 / 3TB / 6 Vraptors raid 0 / Lian Li PC A04 Q9550 / P45 UT T2RS / Rampage Extreme X48 / 6950 2GB crossifre / Danger den rack

#27 .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

.:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Hero

• Mod
  • 21,363 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 01:24 PM

MSY (Auburn)
2/10
I've lowered this from 6/10 because they've effectively become completely useless. On the upside, the lines are very short now. Why? Because they don't sell anything except the most shitastic of parts which no one else wants. I've never before gone into MSY with a list of parts for a complete PC, and come out with only a keyboard, mouse and optical drive. And even with the limited customers, the service is still unacceptably slow. Go to ITEstate instead.

Edited by .:Cyb3rGlitch:., 05 December 2009 - 01:25 PM.

"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan
"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." - Mark Twain

An open mind is willing to consider new ideas, while provisionally accepting those backed by empirical evidence, and provisionally rejecting those without.

#28 Cummings

Cummings

Champion

• Hero
  • 7,179 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:25 AM

Digital Centre
4/10 Cheap but slow, poor service.
Story goes I was looking to purchase a large screen TV, of which Digital Centre was the best price, and few were willing to price match. First problem was that online stock was from a different supplier, that was not actually in stock but at a cheaper price, which set me back a month or so for delivery not wanting to go for the more expensive store stock they actually had. Delivery was fine, but lacked the free wireless USB dongle they bundled with the TV, and also lacked the extended warranty information. Two months after delivery, I still do not have the dongle or the extended warranty. They are quick to answer the phone, but spit out unmet reassurance that it will arrive in two weeks. Then 10 days. Still no information. During the last call I got it out of them that they are waiting to do a bulk purchase of the warranty, and that this is what they always do, despite making no mention of it to the customer at any stage during purchase.

So, for cheap prices they are fine, but delivery can set you back a month or so and you might not get any extras in a timely manner. Also be wary of any time frames they give you, as 3/4 of the times they gave me for delivery were not met.
"It was not the person that locked up his invention in his scrutoire that ought to profit by a patent for such an invention, but he who brought it forth for the benefit of the public." - William Murray (Lord Mansfield) New Rule: If you have to think about RTMing something, then you don't need to RTM it.

#29 mark84

mark84

Champion

• Hero
  • 5,715 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 01:51 PM

Could I suggest the OP aggregate the results, much the way "part the first" was?

Desktop: i7 6850K @ 4.3GHz | Titan X (Pascal) | 32GB RAM | 120GB + 500GB SSDs | 2x 5TB HDD in RAID1

Server: G3258 @4.6GHz | 120GB SSD | 2x 4TB RAID1 | 2x 6TB RAID1

Desktop build log | Firefox AtomicMPC Menu | The Truth About Graphics Power Requirements V2 | CPU bench league

www.atomicsimracing.net - The place for Atomicans who love motor sports and sim racing.

#30 mudg3

mudg3

Guru

• Atomican
  • 9,053 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 03:54 PM

Another +1 to Pc case gear ordered something 2 days ago and paid for standard shipping meaning it would get here after christmas. Well it came in a express bag today from melbourne to the sunshine coast in QLD with a little merry xmas note too. Woot for free express shipping for christmas
3930K ||Corsair H110 || ASUS Rampage IV ||16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3@1877mhz||ATI 7970||250gb Samsung 840||2x4tb||DELL2711||Corsair 650D|| ASUS Essence STX ||Audio Engine A2's||Aiaiai:TMA-1||Enermax 1050w|| Atomics resident filth

#31 iamthemaxx

iamthemaxx

Super Hero

• Super Hero
  • 29,287 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:57 AM

Could I suggest the OP aggregate the results, much the way "part the first" was?

You could, but he is pretty lazy!

#32 sp@rky13

sp@rky13

Charge

• Atomican
  • 456 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:28 PM

I'll do it if you like and then someone can edit the first post and add them in. I mean this is only 2 pages worth so it's not too bad

#33 iamthemaxx

iamthemaxx

Super Hero

• Super Hero
  • 29,287 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:20 AM

I'll do it if you like and then someone can edit the first post and add them in. I mean this is only 2 pages worth so it's not too bad

Except you can't edit other peoples posts....

#34 sp@rky13

sp@rky13

Charge

• Atomican
  • 456 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 08:43 AM

Yah but mods can access what I write and copy it in

#35 AIMBOT

AIMBOT

Champion

• Atomican
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 01:51 PM

Megaware
Rating - 4/10.
Quite slow service, not entirely friendly, and they don't always respond to emails. Their new site is slow and full of flaws, and the most reasonable shipping they provide is Auspost. However they have competitive pricing, and will send you what you paid for.

Megaware
Rating - 1/10.

I ordered from them two weeks ago, and you’ll find that any “savings” are heavily eaten up by the overpriced delivery fee and CC interest charge. It turned out to be more expensive in total (the delivery is more than twice of the AustPost fee). Also, even with CC payment, they still took two days to confirm payment. So in total it took 5 working days to get my order. I’m used to next day delivery when I pay with CC. They need to sort their shit out.

Two of the items I bought need to be RMA’d too. The mouse came in a clearly damaged box which they tried to repair with sticky tape. My guess is it’s not a new mouse and they’ve tried to resell a retuned item as new. The other item probably isn’t their fault, but the left joy stick on the game pad doesn’t work properly. Half the time left is right and right is right.

I’m not easy with RMA’ing the items through them either (even though they should replace the items with their stock since they were basically DOA). They have really weird conditions of RMA’s, and they’ll charge you $50 per item if they “can’t find anything wrong with the item”. This is totally fucked as the game pad works half the time.
Too long didn't read.

#36 argotha

argotha

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:07 PM

IJK
Rating - 10/10

Started my order at 6pm with an enquiry enclosed. By 8pm enquiry had bene answered and my order was reserved and waiting payment. Payment verified by computer 11pm. Payment verified by person 8:30 am (this is now the next morning after I started ordering). Recived the parcel 2pm. (I recieved my goods in less than 24 hours after ordering.)

Emailing staff with queries about your order is quick and easy. The website is fairly simple but great and easy to use. They will definetly have my business when I buy a full system.
"When we are forgotten we cease to exist" "Growing older is compulsory. Growing up is optional." Main Rig: Core i5-760| MSI P55-GD65| GeIL 8GB 1333 C9| Gigabyte HD5870| 1Tb HDD| Corsair HX-650| Fractal Design Black Pearl R3| LG W2253TQ-PF| Razer DeathAdderV2| Razer Lycosa| Plantronics PT-GAMECOM377|

#37 ssar

ssar

Charge

• Atomican
  • 270 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 09:14 PM

Centrecom
Rating: 9/10

With several stores in Victoria, I had never shopped with them until recently nor really heard of them much nor browsed their website much until they came up with hits listing good prices on some hardware searching via staticice.com.au.

Ordered a few brand new items from them online Thursday morning 4th Feb (including an Eaton 5110 UPS and an ASUS K72JR-TY028X notebook), and they all arrived fine (packed well too) today (in the Newcastle NSW area) Wed 10th Feb - sooner than I expected.
Their email order update communication was good, their courier tracking links and online order details info is good.
Their website appears not as polished in some ways at a glance, but overall it seems functional and fast - good enough.

They seem to require some special form filled in, signed and mailed or faxed to them for credit card authorisation which would have taken some time and thus lead me to choose alternate payment - I would have much preferred to use the credit card then & there.

Overall I'm very happy with their service, and the core item in my order was very cheap - good value I believe!
I can't give them less than 9/10 based on this one time I have ever dealt with them, good stuff.

---

Mwave
Rating: 8/10

Have placed a couple of orders for various components with them over the past few years - they seemed to offer pretty good prompt service, with a range of good value "sale" items changing each week.
Whilst a fair whack of other stuff appears a little above average in price sometimes.
I have been happy with their communication, online account management, as well as their online product browsing and shopping functionality.

I rate them 8/10, based on all my dealings with them which have all been online.

---

MSY
Rating: 4/10

Only ever went to their Ultimo store once and was quite disappointed.
I expected poor service, it to be busy etc. which were both true, but added to that a quite pathetic retail shopfront area it's just all too poor even for their real cheap prices.
I shudder at the thought of having to deal with them regarding some warranty issue (though honestly I have heard only a few OK and not-so-OK reports about this with MSY, more or less averaging out).
All retail stores need a certain level of customer service and shopfront quality & quantity, and MSY fell well below this on the day I visited.

I rate them 4/10 based on the one & only time I went to Ultimo in person - if they weren't so cheap it would be a 3 or 2.

Edited by ssar, 10 February 2010 - 09:23 PM.

#38 osama_bin_athlon

osama_bin_athlon

Titan

• Hero
  • 21,067 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 08:01 PM

as for MSY Ultimo, they are great with returns, warranties, cash-back, and RMA's in my experience (I use them whenever I can) which brings me to their only gripe with them - lack of stock sure you may have to wait a bit sometimes (just as often it's a walk up start) but it's all worth it for the prices, and knowing that they're quick, real quick to remedy any situation where goods are faulty etc. I've found them far superior to the Auburn store as far as waiting goes, they're just ridiculous sometimes!
Quote by lunchbox1988 No, but the way he eases me onto his chimp-meat, makes me think he is prince charming. i7 2600K @ 4.4G/Corsair H100/Asrock Z68 Ext4 Gen3/16G 2133Mhz RipjawsX/2x GTX560 Direct CU SLI/2x Corsair 120G Force3 (RAID_0)/8TB Storage (2x RAID_0 arrays)/1x 320G WD Black - Backup/SB Recon3D Fatal1ty Pro/Corsair HX1000/LiteOn BD-RW/CM HAF 932 Adv/Win7 Ult. x64/27" AOC e2795Vh

#39 Guy Smiley

Guy Smiley

Charge

• Atomican
  • 348 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:49 PM

PCCaseGear 10/10 ITEstate 10/10 Centrecom 10/10 Added text: In response to iamthemaxx's post below: In the past three years I have built 7 complete machines and parts for about a dozen others. Each time I have purchased from either PCCasegear, CentreCom and ITEstate. Each time the part(s) have arrived within the week, (the fastest was 2 days for parts from Centrecom) I have found them to be siginificantly cheaper than all the retail stores in Canberra and as good, if not better in price thatn the computer fairs. Of the last 2 machines that I have built, one was primarily purchased form Centrecom and the other from IT Estate. So in essence, I have never had issues ordering from, receiving hardware from, nor communicating with PCCG, CentreCom or ITEstate and their prices are excellent. (Hence the high ratings) p.s. my apologies for the extremely late reply (i forget to backtrack my previous postings)

Edited by Guy Smiley, 06 April 2010 - 04:36 PM.

If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...Checkmate -Zapp Brannigan (The man with no name)

#40 iamthemaxx

iamthemaxx

Super Hero

• Super Hero
  • 29,287 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:00 PM

Care to elaborate why.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users