• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

#41 SceptreCore

SceptreCore

Guru

• Atomican
  • 9,796 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 11:26 AM

Im gonna have to give Techbuy an 8/10 as they have lowered their prices slightly. They still offer the cheapest Air Freight service of any online retailer. And as I have said many times, they generously helped me out after getting ripped off by nintek.

RIG: Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.6GHz | MSI 990FXA GD-80 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz 9-9-9-24 | Radeon HD6450 | Patriot Pyro SSD 120GB SATAIII | 500GB + 1TB Barracuda's | LG GH22NS70 DVD-RW | Xigmatek Red Scorpion | Corsair HX650W | CM690

#42 karlm

karlm

Journeyman

• Atomican
  • 223 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 02:11 PM

PC Case Gear. 10/10. For all the reasons mentioned before. CPL (West Melbourne) -2/10. Yes, that is a negative. Prices are pretty good, but service is ... naff, and don't get me started on RMAs. Had a 5750 die after 2.5 weeks, had to go through all sorts of crap with the RMA. "We didn't recieve it, blah blah blah)" even though AustPost has it confirmed as being delivered. Then get an email from the other guy in warranty saying it's ready for pickup! Then get it picked up, and all the cables, boxes, dongles, etc are missing and no-one will return my emails, etc. And I've even been courteous! Stick to the others.

#43 lorddalvidiii

lorddalvidiii

Journeyman

• Atomican
  • 234 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 04:20 PM

i'll throw in another couple to back up some others that have been posted

Pc Case Gear

Rating: 10/10

Reason: This is where the majority of my business goes, and to me, the benchmark that all other e-tailers should aspire to, they have a good range, good stock updates and competitive pricing. Customer service is fantastic, any and all dealings i've had have been quick and clean.

Also, their website is supurb, very easy to navigate, with excelent categories and product grouping

Mwave

Rating: 7/10

Reason: I would have loved to have given Mwave a 10 here... they have competitive pricing, a MASSIVE product range and their search/category function is among the best i have seen on any website. (up tuntil their most recent interface change, i must say.. went a smidge down hill there, but still above average) Their stock request is very smooth, and customer service is good, nearly all dealings i've had with them have been flawless.

What's lost them points here is how many problems i've had with products from them. The RMA process is reletetively painless (compared to what i've seen from other e-tailers, but it is still painfull in it's own right). Maximum i have had to wait for a replacement is two weeks, including the RMA request, postage, and them having to order the part from a supplier.

From misadvertising, to outright faulty products, i have had to spend much much more than i am comfortable with in postage sending things back (although, in one instance, after a bit of a back and forth, and me crossing my arms, sitting down, and throwing a tantrum, i got my own way and they paid for a courier to pick up a large item from my house, because i refused to pay the shipping costs to send it back).

#44 SceptreCore

SceptreCore

Guru

• Atomican
  • 9,796 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 02:29 PM

Has anyone dealt with PCAU before?

RIG: Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.6GHz | MSI 990FXA GD-80 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz 9-9-9-24 | Radeon HD6450 | Patriot Pyro SSD 120GB SATAIII | 500GB + 1TB Barracuda's | LG GH22NS70 DVD-RW | Xigmatek Red Scorpion | Corsair HX650W | CM690

#45 soldier_boy

soldier_boy

Initiate

• Quark
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:52 PM

Wireditsolutions.com.au 9/10 He is in Katherine, NT, but has a supplier in the eastern states. He has a Microsoft Excel Price list that he updates twice a month. I have found his prices very very reasonable and overnight air freight price even better. You can either ring him and place and order or email him and he will give you and exact price and ETA. Umart.com.au 7/10 I have currently a system arriving from them via Toll road express. I havent been overly impressed with their customer service but prices are generally good. Stock levels I found misleading as their website states they have items in stock but then they tell they dont.
"Who gives a F$*K about the GTX 480?"

#46 Brissmas

Brissmas

Master

• Atomican
  • 677 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:53 PM

Pc Case Gear 10/10
Orderd a couple of things from there over the past couple of weeks. Very quick delivery and i had sent them a few emails about certain parts and they responded really quickly. Very Happy.
i7 920 c0 3.6ghz@1.3v||EX58-UD3R rev 1.6||6gb Hyper X 1600mhz||Palit GTX480||Modded Generic Case||Antec NEO ECO 620w XSPC RX120 push/pull||XSPC Rasa||Swiftech VGA HF Supreme (Not installed yet)

#47 Bundy

Bundy

Champion

• Atomican
  • 4,102 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 10:25 AM

I know it's anecdotal so you should take this with a grain of salt but I had an issue with Scorptech's service, Speaking to sales on the phone for a bit sorting out a new system and there was absolutely no problem I submit the system on line I get a message 1 day later telling me that can't do it, I referred them to the phone call I made and 4 days later they haven't even bother replying to me. Order the same system on PC case gear and they ship the next day and 150 bucks cheaper.. A bit disappointed with Scorptech because prior to this they were the only online supplier I had ever used probably spent near 10grand there over the years they were always the first supplier I would recommend when people ask about suppliers. Scrop 6/10 bad service experiance and prices seem a little higher than a few of the competition at the moment. PC Case Gear 9/10 Great service, prices not as good as MSY but MSY can be awkward to do business with sometimes.
I won't bow to something that I've never seen. I can't believe in something that doesn't believe in me. I'm not Blood of Your Blood. I'm no son of your God. I've no faith in your fate. Still I find salvation. - FFDP

#48 xclusve

xclusve

Learner

• Quark
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:24 AM

What does everyone think of simline.com.au apart from it like badly needs a new website make over if not a whole damn new one lol Anyone delt or bought stuff off them? I want your thoughts!!!!
|| CASE: Corsair Obsidian 800D || PSU: Enermax Revolution85+ 1250W || CPU: Intel i7-980X Extreme || MOTHERBOARD: Rampage III Extreme || RAM: Kingston HyperX 12Gb 2000Mhz || GRAPHICS: Gigabyte GTX 580 SLI || PRIMARY HDD: OCZ RevoDrive PCIe 120Gb SSD || STORAGE: 4x Hitachi 2TB HDD || LCD: 3x BenQ G2420HDBL LED 24" Widescreen ||

#49 ladydaywalker

ladydaywalker

Serf

• Lurker
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 09:43 AM

This is my first time on a forum like this but I had to tell someone who cares that I FINALLY had a win with a little PC shop in Brisbane...I went everywhere to get a repair on my mobo but noone seemed to know what was wrong. They kept telling me it was fine. So I tried the little PC shop in Alderley, North of the city, and OMG they fixed it for $85! Least these boys arnt affraid to pull things apart and spend time helping a gal out!!! Thx boyz u rock xoxox

Edited by ladydaywalker, 25 June 2010 - 09:43 AM.

#50 twinair

twinair

Immortal

• Hero
  • 47,697 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 09:52 AM

You're welcome.
This aint no fuckin' bible study. I didn't come here to save whales. I came here to shake my dick and have a great time.

#51 ladydaywalker

ladydaywalker

Serf

• Lurker
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 09:56 AM

.........lol Its called Computer Drive :) and I don't think you work there >.< hehehe :P

#52 clockworkman

clockworkman

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:01 AM

I dont think you understand, twinair owns alderly, and you were thanking him for providing a place for such a business
warning: this post contains subliminal messages, remain calm and do not concern yourself with your growing need to yawn

#53 ladydaywalker

ladydaywalker

Serf

• Lurker
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:05 AM

X-D U in Brisbane QLD?

#54 Director

Director

Immortal

• Hero
  • 40,460 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:06 AM

Oh this aint gonna end well.

"The most powerful tool in the hand of the opressor is the mind of the opressed."-- Steve Biko

Those Who Dance Are Considered Insane by Those Who Can’t Hear the Music.

#55 ladydaywalker

ladydaywalker

Serf

• Lurker
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:09 AM

meh...why :) I happy :D...i think twin's fun ;) i must log got work!

#56 zzrhardy

zzrhardy

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:17 AM

EDIT - oh you mean repairers. Never used one of those.

Edited by zzrhardy, 25 June 2010 - 10:18 AM.

#57 Chaos.Lady

Chaos.Lady

Goddess

• Mod
  • 79,428 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:19 AM

I just had a win with both PC Case Gear and i-store. Both had the equipment packed and shipped same day, and I received it all 2 days later. Excellent stuff. :) I've also never really used computer repairers, so I wouldn't know who's who there, but I don't see any reason you couldn't add good experiences with computer retailers of all kinds in here. :)

Edited by Chaos.Lady, 25 June 2010 - 10:20 AM.

In the light universe I have been darkness. Perhaps in the dark zone I can be light...

Take the boat, promise me 
Never to tell
The secrets you know,
Of the Angel in Hell.

#58 alucard698

alucard698

Learner

• Quark
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:30 AM

For buying parts the only way to go is Computer Alliance.

As far as servicing goes there all far to expensive, I guess its good I work for one of them so I don't have to pay someone to fix it haha

#59 Chaos.Lady

Chaos.Lady

Goddess

• Mod
  • 79,428 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:36 AM

For buying parts the only way to go is Computer Alliance.

As far as servicing goes there all far to expensive, I guess its good I work for one of them so I don't have to pay someone to fix it haha

Hmmm *bookmarked*.

They seem quite competitive to what I've seen, and have an excellent range.

Thanks! :)

Edited by Chaos.Lady, 25 June 2010 - 10:36 AM.

In the light universe I have been darkness. Perhaps in the dark zone I can be light...

Take the boat, promise me 
Never to tell
The secrets you know,
Of the Angel in Hell.

#60 alucard698

alucard698

Learner

• Quark
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:42 AM

No worries. They have always been the cheapest for the things ive wanted, which keeps me happy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users