• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#1 Rion

Rion

Overlord

• Hero
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:05 AM

Well it combines two things the Brisbanauts have started an affection for; zombies and walking. Put them together and you get a zombie walk! Thanks to greycat for reminding me of the 4th annual zombiewalk event in Brisbane on Sunday the 25th of October. It will be starting at 3pm at the Roma St Parklands and ends at Centenary Place on Ann St. Not a huge walk but it should be rather eventful. Its all for charity and there is even an afterparty if one is so inclined. Come for the zombies, stay for the zombie party, stay... forever.

More information is available at: http://www.brisbanezombiewalk.com

Greycat and I are in. Who else wants to walk the walk?
The petty man is eager to make boasts, yet desires that others should believe in him. He enthusiastically engages in deception, yet wants others to have affection for him. He conducts himself like an animal, yet wants others to think well of him.

#2 Jedi_Vader20

Jedi_Vader20

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:31 AM

Just my opinion, but this would be an awesome chance to get a L4D group on film fleeing a pack of zombies.

i7 2600k @ 4.5Ghz (TurboBoost ON) | Corsair H100 | ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE | 16 GB Corsair "Vengeance" DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24 | Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 4GB  | 120GB OCZ Vertex III, 2x2TB WD Caviar Green | Pioneer BDR-202 | Corsair HX-650 | Fractal Design Define R5 | Benq V4200W + Acer CB280HK | Logitech G910 Orion Spark | Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum

#3 Rion

Rion

Overlord

• Hero
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:36 AM

Just my opinion, but this would be an awesome chance to get a L4D group on film fleeing a pack of zombies.

I concur. Good idea Jedi. So then who gets to be Bill, Francis, Louis and Zoey?

Edited by Rion, 13 October 2009 - 01:44 AM.

The petty man is eager to make boasts, yet desires that others should believe in him. He enthusiastically engages in deception, yet wants others to have affection for him. He conducts himself like an animal, yet wants others to think well of him.

#4 Elfarch

Elfarch

Champion

• Atomican
  • 4,558 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 04:35 AM

Maaaybe. First night back at work after days off so would be no sleep that day and leaving reasonably early. Does sound like fun though. Now, must make sure to get a few chunks of liver and tripe for "costuming" purposes. :{D

Edited by Elfarch, 13 October 2009 - 10:36 PM.

LIFE! Gotta be in it to lose it!

#5 Doc Forrest

Doc Forrest

Charge

• Atomican
  • 404 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 05:13 PM

It'd be a good chance to try out my Bill.
Normal is just a setting on the washing machine. Life is too short to waste drinking bad coffee.

#6 Girvo

Girvo

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,609 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 10:13 PM

I'm there :D
brains: NO U R RONG N00B VISTA IS 4 N00BZ N LINUX IS HIPPIE SHIT

#7 Errorist

Errorist

Champion

• Atomican
  • 4,522 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 04:56 PM

Is it too soon after the whole racism thing for me to have blackface for a Louis costume? I'm considering going, for Charity, but also for the possibility of drunken Zombie shambling fun.
So it goes.

#8 Rion

Rion

Overlord

• Hero
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 05:09 PM

I'm thinking we might just leave the whole Louis thing alone... I was thinking of zombie Samurai as I have an old training Gi and Hakama I can stain with blood (or red as it were). However being a large Caucasian I doubt it would look right in CBD Brisbane. Maybe.

#9 segger

segger

Overlord

• Hero
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:16 PM

Let me put on my Brisbanian translator gogglez...

Effort, expectations, rotting flesh, poon.

Just my opinion, but this would be an awesome chance to pike

Definitely not. First night back at work after days off so would be no sleep that day and leaving reasonably early.
Does sound like fun though. But... pike.

It'd be a good chance to try out my pike. <snigger>

I'm there. In your dreams :D

Topical comment! I'm considering going, for Charity, but also for the possibility of drunken Zombie shambling fun. Pity I'll pike.

Conroy's Law: As count of censorship objections increases, probability of paedophilia accusations approaches 1. (BH 12/5/2010)

#10 Rion

Rion

Overlord

• Hero
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 10:30 PM

You could just show up and take some photos segger. It won't be a 9km walk after all :P

#11 elvenwhore

elvenwhore

SuperHero

• Mod
  • 11,687 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:32 PM

LOL you captured the true essence of BrisAtomica there, seg :-)
Everything I say has come before. Everything I say has come before. Wait - dammit! Oh well, I like you more than reject popcorn bits :-)

#12 Rion

Rion

Overlord

• Hero
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 10:15 PM

LOL you captured the true essence of BrisAtomica there, seg :-)

So is that a yes or a no? :P Come on... zombies!

#13 elvenwhore

elvenwhore

SuperHero

• Mod
  • 11,687 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 10:31 PM

Oh no, I'm pretty sure I'll be there :-) Only if I find the time to put together a costume, though. If I can get that sorted, I will be there with bells.
Everything I say has come before. Everything I say has come before. Wait - dammit! Oh well, I like you more than reject popcorn bits :-)

#14 Rion

Rion

Overlord

• Hero
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 10:45 PM

Oh no, I'm pretty sure I'll be there :-)
Only if I find the time to put together a costume, though. If I can get that sorted, I will be there with bells.

Zombies don't wear bells. Only humans do so that way the zombies know when to be summoned to dinner :P I'm not even gonna be here this weekend/half of next week and I should be able to get a costume done... I think... No piking is permitted, except Girvo because it's his thing :P

#15 Girvo

Girvo

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,609 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 11:19 PM

Considering I've already taken the day off work, there won't be a pike this time ;)
brains: NO U R RONG N00B VISTA IS 4 N00BZ N LINUX IS HIPPIE SHIT

#16 greycat

greycat

Guru

• Atomican
  • 9,361 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:51 AM

Oh no, I'm pretty sure I'll be there :-)
Only if I find the time to put together a costume, though. If I can get that sorted, I will be there with bells.

Zombies don't wear bells. Only humans do so that way the zombies know when to be summoned to dinner :P I'm not even gonna be here this weekend/half of next week and I should be able to get a costume done... I think... No piking is permitted, except Girvo because it's his thing :P

The friend I'm going with/bringing with us, I tried to make her wear a bell recently but she rebelled..

It's a long story.

By the way, I'll be there.
I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait."

#17 Elfarch

Elfarch

Champion

• Atomican
  • 4,558 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 04:01 AM

Let me put on my Brisbanian translator gogglez...

but what did it translate my liver and tripe as?
LIFE! Gotta be in it to lose it!

#18 Rion

Rion

Overlord

• Hero
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:43 AM

The friend I'm going with/bringing with us, I tried to make her wear a bell recently but she rebelled..

It's a long story.

Was this for some kind of zombie related activity?

#19 greycat

greycat

Guru

• Atomican
  • 9,361 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 02:59 PM

It's a long story.

Actually no. I had promised to give her a bell when I got to the valley. So I did.
I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait."

#20 Rion

Rion

Overlord

• Hero
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 03:12 PM

It's a long story.

Actually no. I had promised to give her a bell when I got to the valley. So I did.

Who is more literal than greycat? Nobody! Well maybe, but not in Brisbane anyway!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users