• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 oddman

oddman

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 10:16 PM

Hi, we are trying to get a few Zigbee modules to connect through serial to a computer in order to program them, but we are having a few troubles with the Zigbee module's itentifying themselves to the computer... Anyone know of a program which can listen in to serial comm ports 1-5? We can't use Hyper terminal because that one needs to connect to the port and won't let any other programs connected at the same time, when we need to have the Flash programmer connected at the same time. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

#2 stadl

stadl

Guru

• Super Hero
  • 9,022 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 11:38 PM

Look into portmon. It's been years since I've used it and it may or may not be supported for current windows OSes, but it's a Microsoft tool that was part of the NT resource kit/sysinternals and will monitor and capture all sorts of events on serial (and other) ports.

A device so simple that it took a mind as brilliant as mine to create it! So brilliant, in fact, that simply by harnessing the power of one live frog, it... it... uhh... <poke> <poke> ... World domination has encountered a momentary setback. Talk amongst yourselves.

#3 Builty

Builty

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 04:46 AM

I use this one:
http://www.serial-port-monitor.com/

#4 oddman

oddman

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 07:50 AM

Thats all, ya Builty i think thats the one we found. Still haven't got the hardware working but this has helped i think.

#5 AlexxGreen

AlexxGreen

Serf

• Lurker
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:30 PM

It's easy with Serial Port Monitor (http://www.eltima.co...l-port-monitor/). I'm using Windows OS and this soft is very helpfull with analizing any COMports data, moreover you can catch data in  table, line, dump or terminal mode, each providing a different way to represent recorded serial data. 
Good one! I've tryed it

#6 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 34,711 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:33 PM

Hmmm... OK.

So, now it's a post or three with credible content added to long buried threads before we get spammed with malware stuff?

#7 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,919 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 09:17 AM

It's easy with Serial Port Monitor (http://www.eltima.co...l-port-monitor/). I'm using Windows OS and this soft is very helpfull with analizing any COMports data, moreover you can catch data in  table, line, dump or terminal mode, each providing a different way to represent recorded serial data. 
Good one! I've tryed it

Thank you.

I refreshed this page for 8 years to find an answer and finally someone posts a link to some software I"m sure google couldnt have found.

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users