432 replies to this topic

#1 hectorbustnuts

hectorbustnuts

Titan

• Super Hero
  • 30,407 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:23 AM

http://www.comicvine...tv-show/141287/

Are you ready for some Walking Dead? AMC has sent over an image of a zombie. This is what we can expect.

Posted Image

Now keep in mind this is a first look. Production began today (June 2) in Atlanta for AMC's adaption of Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead comic. The six-episode first season is written, produced and directed by three-time Academy Award nominee Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile) and executive produced by Gale Anne Hurd (The Terminator, Aliens, Armageddon, The Incredible Hulk).

The story follows a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, traveling in search of a safe and secure home after a zombie apocalypse. If you've ever read the comic, you know how great of a story this is. I wonder if the series could've worked filmed in black and white to capture the feel of the comic. What do you think of this image? Do you think this is what we can expect or is it just an early test shot? Are you excited to watch the series or will you be too scared?

EDIT:
Want to see more? Can you handle it?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

There's also a behind the scenes video in the link above.

The thing is, with prosthetic technology and CGI, it's easy to make a cool looking zombie. This show will live or die with how well the actors can pull off the still living characters.

AMC have delivered some fine shows in recent years, and I'm really looking forward to this adaptation of one of my favourite modern ongoing comics. Fingers crossed!

#2 morris

morris

Cam Whore

• Super Hero
  • 25,636 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 09:08 AM

I approve!
@--}----- Life's a joke. And we all need laughter

#3 hectorbustnuts

hectorbustnuts

Titan

• Super Hero
  • 30,407 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:25 PM

For the click-lazy, here's the behind-the-scenes video.

#4 tantryl

tantryl

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 41,933 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:30 PM

You've gotta believe Darabont + Hurd + the source material is going to end well. Ya just gotta.
"Unless I call you a stupid goddamn liar to your face, I'm being light hearted." - tantryl, to all you evil fucks "Two things. Number one; I get hard when a woman cries. Number two; your daughter will never walk again." - Dr Glenn Richie

#5 The Fuzz damn you!

The Fuzz damn you!

SuperHero

• Super Hero
  • 26,602 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:34 PM

Personally, I'm not going to waste time hoping it'll be good. I'm just going to go straight into hoping it gets picked up for a second season.
You are about to begin reading The Fuzz's sig. Relax. Concentrate. Dispel every other thought.

#6 Director

Director

Immortal

• Hero
  • 37,759 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 02:10 PM

Was that a Kevin-Bacon zombie I spotted?

"The most powerful tool in the hand of the opressor is the mind of the opressed."-- Steve Biko

#7 hectorbustnuts

hectorbustnuts

Titan

• Super Hero
  • 30,407 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 02:17 PM

Was that a Kevin-Bacon zombie I spotted?

:D

#8 hawkeye

hawkeye

Shun the nonbeliever

• God
  • 11,117 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 02:20 PM

Damn. Zack is lookin' mean.
aka David Hollingworth, Managing Editor - Atomic, Hyper, PC & Tech Authority, PC PowerPlay "Hawkeyes pants were like the pants of a deity. Touching them I was in sudden communion with all of pantskind. The ancestral trouser crawling from the murk of time, the fierce battle pant scourging the infidel, the quiet meditation of the monks pants at dawn." - Hlass

#9 hectorbustnuts

hectorbustnuts

Titan

• Super Hero
  • 30,407 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:22 AM

Damn. Zack is lookin' mean.

I...have no idea what or who that is...

#10 NukeJockey

NukeJockey

Titan

• Hero
  • 23,615 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:27 AM

lol @ that scene from Dawn of The Dead, always cracks me up.

Edited by nukejockey, 04 June 2010 - 10:34 AM.

My Rig: ASUS P67 Sabretooth | i5 2500k w/ Corsair H80 | 8gb G.Skill Ripjaw-X 1866mhz | Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X| NZXT Phantom | Corsair HX850

#11 hawkeye

hawkeye

Shun the nonbeliever

• God
  • 11,117 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:54 AM

What? You guys haven't read World War Z? FOR SHAME!!! (FYI, 'zack' is the US military slang term for zombie)
aka David Hollingworth, Managing Editor - Atomic, Hyper, PC & Tech Authority, PC PowerPlay "Hawkeyes pants were like the pants of a deity. Touching them I was in sudden communion with all of pantskind. The ancestral trouser crawling from the murk of time, the fierce battle pant scourging the infidel, the quiet meditation of the monks pants at dawn." - Hlass

#12 hectorbustnuts

hectorbustnuts

Titan

• Super Hero
  • 30,407 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 10:03 AM

Man, how did that reference slip me by! Really must re-read it...although I always preferred Brooks' "Zombie Survival Guide".

#13 hawkeye

hawkeye

Shun the nonbeliever

• God
  • 11,117 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 10:21 AM

The guide's good, but his take on how a real ZomPoc would play out is stunning. And there are few greater moments of horror dread than when the sub crew, hiding on the ocean bottom, can hear that scraping against the hull. Love it.

#14 hectorbustnuts

hectorbustnuts

Titan

• Super Hero
  • 30,407 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 10:39 AM

Have you listened to the audiobook version? It's killer.

Awesome voice cast, too!

# Max Brooks: Max Brooks

# Arthur Sinclair: Alan Alda

# Jurgen Warbrunn: Carl Reiner

# Philip Adler: Jürgen Prochnow

# Saladin Kader: Waleed Zuiater

# Joe Muhammad: Dean Edwards

# Jesika Hendricks: Michelle Kholos

# Ahmed Farahnakian: Maz Jobrani

# Todd Wainio: Mark Hamill

# T. Sean Collins: Henry Rollins

# David Allen Forbes and Paul Redeker/Xolelwa Azania: Eamonn Walker

# Ajay Shah: Ajay Naidu

# Serosha Garcia Alvarez: John Turturro

# "The Whacko": Rob Reiner

# Bob Archer: Jay O. Sanders (credited as "Jay O'Sanders")

# General Travis D'Ambrosia: Dennis Boutsikaris

# Christina Eliopolis: Becky Ann Baker

# Kwang Jingshu: Steve Park

# Nury Televadi and Tomonaga Jiro: Frank Kamai

# Ernesto Olguin: John McElroy

#15 hawkeye

hawkeye

Shun the nonbeliever

• God
  • 11,117 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 11:43 AM

Gods bless Mark Hamill.

#16 The Fuzz damn you!

The Fuzz damn you!

SuperHero

• Super Hero
  • 26,602 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 11:44 AM

Have you listened to the audiobook version? It's killer.

Awesome voice cast, too!

One thing that annoyed me about the book was that the characters really didn't have unique voices -- it all just came across as Brooks typing in a funny accent. With a voice cast like that, the audio version would certainly make things much more interesting. Will have to look it up.
You are about to begin reading The Fuzz's sig. Relax. Concentrate. Dispel every other thought.

#17 hectorbustnuts

hectorbustnuts

Titan

• Super Hero
  • 30,407 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 10:34 AM

Cast pics have been released in the lead-up to Comic Con:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

If you're not up to speed with the original comic series, "The Walking Dead Compendium vol. 1" is worth checking out.

MASSIVE paperback collection, holding issues 1-48 of this most awesome series.

#18 hectorbustnuts

hectorbustnuts

Titan

• Super Hero
  • 30,407 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:26 PM

Don't know how long this leaked footage will last, but HOT DAMN is it going to rock. That above is apparently edited for the family atmosphere of SDCC, so the final show should be brutal!

#19 SlurmsMackenzie

SlurmsMackenzie

Champion

• Atomican
  • 4,620 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:34 PM

looks awesome,man i love zombies

#20 The Fuzz damn you!

The Fuzz damn you!

SuperHero

• Super Hero
  • 26,602 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 09:09 PM

Cannot wait. Also, issue 75 is awesome. Been waiting years to see if he'd actually do that, very happy to see that he did. Roll on #100. Also also, I wonder if they'll ever have Rick lose his hand? 'Cos that'd be awkward to have on an on-going basis, effects-wise

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users