• Please log in to reply
432 replies to this topic

#41 SlurmsMackenzie

SlurmsMackenzie

Champion

• Atomican
  • 4,620 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 11:44 PM

That was a pretty good first ep. Definitely will keep following this series It would smell sooo bad to be stuck in that tank with the dead soldier

#42 The Fuzz damn you!

The Fuzz damn you!

SuperHero

• Super Hero
  • 26,602 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:56 AM

Fuck...that was awesome.

I love the bits that weren't in the comic. Some very nice story-telling there.

My one gripe was the happy-go-lucky music over the end. I guess it was to keep people from being too grimmed out after an hour of pretty down-beat television, but I'd have preferred a silent pan up...with zombie growls and grunts fading out into silence...or...something...

I thought the music worked well. It was largely absent throughout the show (in fact... was there are at all?), but it works well there in lieu of a "to be continued".

Overall though, fucking rad.

LOVED Morgan setting up shop in the upstairs window with the sniper rifle...totally brilliant. And they've really set up the disintegrated military presence well, with the bugged-out choppers and tanks, far more than they did in the early issues of the comic

That's also a nice set up for later on in the show. ;-)
You are about to begin reading The Fuzz's sig. Relax. Concentrate. Dispel every other thought.

#43 Director

Director

Immortal

• Hero
  • 37,791 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:06 AM

It was a 'meh' from me, I seemed to like it better than Boardwalk Empire but I hope there's a story arc here and they're not just wandering around randomly killing zombies for 5 seasons. I thought it was a bit rough how the guy wasn't even dead and his 'mate' was already shagging his missus like a rat up a drain pipe. (Or was he shagging her beforehand anyway?)

"The most powerful tool in the hand of the opressor is the mind of the opressed."-- Steve Biko

#44 The Fuzz damn you!

The Fuzz damn you!

SuperHero

• Super Hero
  • 26,602 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:49 AM

It was a 'meh' from me, I seemed to like it better than Boardwalk Empire but I hope there's a story arc here and they're not just wandering around randomly killing zombies for 5 seasons.

I thought it was a bit rough how the guy wasn't even dead and his 'mate' was already shagging his missus like a rat up a drain pipe. (Or was he shagging her beforehand anyway?)

Oh, I think you'll be nicely satisfied with the story arcs they come up with (assuming that it's plot even vaguely follows that of the comics, which it seems to be so far).
You are about to begin reading The Fuzz's sig. Relax. Concentrate. Dispel every other thought.

#45 Saponification

Saponification

Contributor

• Super Hero
  • 38,838 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:15 AM

Fuck...that was awesome.

It was a 'meh' from me, I seemed to like it better than Boardwalk Empire but I hope there's a story arc here and they're not just wandering around randomly killing zombies for 5 seasons.

I thought it was a bit rough how the guy wasn't even dead and his 'mate' was already shagging his missus like a rat up a drain pipe. (Or was he shagging her beforehand anyway?)

I think we have ourselves a new Takoma.

#46 SlurmsMackenzie

SlurmsMackenzie

Champion

• Atomican
  • 4,620 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:57 AM

I'm confused, who was shaggin who and when? I can't remember anything like that.

#47 hectorbustnuts

hectorbustnuts

Titan

• Super Hero
  • 30,408 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:54 AM

Shane, Rick's police partner, was kissing Rick's wife in the tent in the survivor camp. Just after we see that, we see Rick in his car flip down the visor to show a photo of him with Lori & Carl. In the first dialogue scene with Rick and Shane in the car, when Shane asks about Lori, there's a bit of a strange sideways glance from Shane, which in hindsight almost implied he was either already shtuping Lori, or at least wanted to.

#48 Director

Director

Immortal

• Hero
  • 37,791 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 12:10 PM

Fuck...that was awesome.

I think we have ourselves a new Takoma.

What happened to the old one?

"The most powerful tool in the hand of the opressor is the mind of the opressed."-- Steve Biko

#49 jdog

jdog

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:38 PM

damm i may need to watch this...is it on that ABC catch up thing?

/points and laughs

ooh.. it AMC not ABC...bad bad...but where when i can see it?

WTB: Corsair GTX2
Atomic's wannabe LN2 Junkie
Project "Giga-bench"- Complete: bit.ly/1erdgs9
Main Rig: GA-X58A-UD7(v2)|i7 950|12gb Corsair XMS3 1600mhz|Gigabyte GTX 460 768mb|Coolermaster HAF X |1TB WD Black HDD||Pionner DVDRW|Corsair HX850w|Logitech X530|Dell U2711|Logitech G500|Logitech G510|HD 280 Pro Steam Name:jim_jam333/jimba86 Xbox 360 S 250GB + Kinect owner

#50 freck

freck

Champion

• Atomican
  • 6,515 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:47 PM

When your aunty can't deliver you go to your uncle...

#51 jdog

jdog

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:54 PM

ah.....

WTB: Corsair GTX2
Atomic's wannabe LN2 Junkie
Project "Giga-bench"- Complete: bit.ly/1erdgs9
Main Rig: GA-X58A-UD7(v2)|i7 950|12gb Corsair XMS3 1600mhz|Gigabyte GTX 460 768mb|Coolermaster HAF X |1TB WD Black HDD||Pionner DVDRW|Corsair HX850w|Logitech X530|Dell U2711|Logitech G500|Logitech G510|HD 280 Pro Steam Name:jim_jam333/jimba86 Xbox 360 S 250GB + Kinect owner

#52 The Fuzz damn you!

The Fuzz damn you!

SuperHero

• Super Hero
  • 26,602 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:00 PM

When your aunty can't deliver you go to your uncle...

Heh. Nice.

#53 freck

freck

Champion

• Atomican
  • 6,515 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:13 AM

Just finished watching it, and hells yeah, it was good. I predict weekly visits to my uncle for quite some time to come... Edit: Agree about the music at the end. It was just weird and out of place, as though it saying, "Look at all the zombie-love we're gonna give you folks!"

Edited by freck, 03 November 2010 - 02:19 AM.

#54 vat3r

vat3r

Master

• Atomican
  • 968 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:14 AM

In my locality it'd take a keen eye to spot the transition to a zombie apocalypse.

#55 Thylacine

Thylacine

Champion

• Atomican
  • 6,347 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 07:06 AM

Loved it loved it loved it!
"Day man, aaAAAaaaa, fighter of the night man, aaAAAaaaa. Champion of the sun, you're a master of karate and friendship for everyone!"

#56 Frizzl

Frizzl

Champion

• Atomican
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:32 AM

I enjoyed it. Although whoever mentioned the reference to a pedo, I didn't catch it...? Who are we talking about?

#57 hectorbustnuts

hectorbustnuts

Titan

• Super Hero
  • 30,408 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:37 AM

I enjoyed it.

Although whoever mentioned the reference to a pedo, I didn't catch it...? Who are we talking about?

In "Let the Right One In".

A tangential conversation to the thread topic.

#58 Oracle X

Oracle X

Guru

• Hero
  • 12,051 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 02:22 PM

Why don't people just say zombies in those movies?

There's always some prolonged explanation for what happened and different names for the zombies (eg "walkers"). Like seriously, why can't the black dude just say "oh yeah, it was a zombie outbreak" or better yet Rick asking "fuck me! Where the fuck them zombies come from!?" when he sees the first one.

Shane, Rick's police partner, was kissing Rick's wife in the tent in the survivor camp.

Just after we see that, we see Rick in his car flip down the visor to show a photo of him with Lori & Carl.

In the first dialogue scene with Rick and Shane in the car, when Shane asks about Lori, there's a bit of a strange sideways glance from Shane, which in hindsight almost implied he was either already shtuping Lori, or at least wanted to.

No, if he was already, he wouldn't be asking about her.

Prob they took up after the outbreak when they thought Rick died.

Edited by Oracle X, 04 November 2010 - 02:23 PM.

You don't have to rely on other people if you never miss.

#59 SlurmsMackenzie

SlurmsMackenzie

Champion

• Atomican
  • 4,620 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 06:31 PM

Ep 2 is out

#60 tantryl

tantryl

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 41,933 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 06:34 PM

Why don't people just say zombies in those movies?

There's always some prolonged explanation for what happened and different names for the zombies (eg "walkers"). Like seriously, why can't the black dude just say "oh yeah, it was a zombie outbreak" or better yet Rick asking "fuck me! Where the fuck them zombies come from!?" when he sees the first one.

'cause the near-reality worlds they're set in don't have any zombie mythology.
"Unless I call you a stupid goddamn liar to your face, I'm being light hearted." - tantryl, to all you evil fucks "Two things. Number one; I get hard when a woman cries. Number two; your daughter will never walk again." - Dr Glenn Richie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users