• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Antraman

Antraman

Trifle

• Atomican
  • 4,627 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:57 AM

I've added Antraman and hector's suggestions, and created a template linked to in the OP so people can make more uniform and easier to integrate suggestions.

@ Antra - I left off the facebook one 'cause kind of like Google Apps and the like, it's an easy to find big brand name if you want it.

No worries.
Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us...

#22 Michael100

Michael100

Éclair

• Atomican
  • 3,992 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 03:56 PM

I have to recommend a free to try Subscribe to buy app called "Shoeboxed" as a business App. It keeps track of your work expenses and all you have to do is take a photo of the receipt and give it a short description, it then uploads it to some dude who inputs it into a spreadsheet and can then email it to you when you need to claim your expenses from work :-)

#23 plebsmacker

plebsmacker

Canelé

• Hero
  • 25,775 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 12:10 PM

Reminder from Cydia, for those on iphone4 you need to make a change to get it to work correctly. Set cydia to developer mode (manage tab top left in settings) and then search for libstatusbar. Install it and it should work fine.
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

#24 raradawg

raradawg

Vanilla Slice

• Atomican
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:00 PM

Messenger - Windows Live Messenger Adobe Photoshop Express - edits pictures =/ Umm, they're both free.
|| Intel Core i7 875k | Gigabyte P55A-UD6 | 4GB G.Skill Trident DDR3 1600MHz | EVGA GTX465 | Patriot Pyro 120GB | Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB | Pioneer DVR-216 | Corsair HX-650 | Lian Li A71 | Logitech G15 | Razer DeathAdder V2 || XFire: RaRa5

#25 orinjuse

orinjuse

Canelé

• Hero
  • 21,869 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 08:46 PM

Apart from the ones included with the phone (iPhone 4, at least), my biggies are Skype, TweetDeck (for Twitter), the ABC news app, Metlink (Melbourne train and tram timetables, etc), tramTracker (Melbourne tram timetables, etc), Flashlight (does what it says - uses the iPhone 4's flash as well), Stanza (for ebooks), Urbanspoon (restaurant finder), Facebook, Wikipedia, Dictionary.com, Photoshop Express (image editing app), WorldCard (take a photo of a business card with it, it will recognise the text and automatically input it into your address book), Paper Toss (simple little game where you try to throw a ball of paper into a bin), Monkey Island 2: Second Edition (brilliant game, real blast from the past).
Love is knowing your partner would not hesitate to put a bullet in your brainpan at the first sign of zombification.

#26 The Tick

The Tick

Hero

• Super Hero
  • 11,647 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:36 PM

* Undercroft - Jagex Games Studio - Free - Old Skool RPG like from the ol 5 1/4" floppy days :) - Undercroft is a dazzling, epic adventure set in a fantasy world full of magic and monsters. With over 20 hours of addicting game play, dozens of quests and over 60 enemies to defeat.

Edited by The Tick, 28 September 2010 - 02:36 PM.

Disclaimer: this post may have been made via a mobile device. All formatting, grammar and the possible hilarious substitution of key words should be attributed to the autocorrect features of the mobile device and likely has nothing to do with the idiot driving it.

te0p:"Your a Unreal."

#27 orinjuse

orinjuse

Canelé

• Hero
  • 21,869 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:51 PM

* Undercroft - Jagex Games Studio - Free - Old Skool RPG like from the ol 5 1/4" floppy days :) - Undercroft is a dazzling, epic adventure set in a fantasy world full of magic and monsters. With over 20 hours of addicting game play, dozens of quests and over 60 enemies to defeat.

Just started playing that as well. It's like being back in 1995 - brilliant stuff. Nice straightforward turn-based fantasy RPG. Reminds me a lot of things like Daggerfall, back when sprites were all the rage.
Love is knowing your partner would not hesitate to put a bullet in your brainpan at the first sign of zombification.

#28 raradawg

raradawg

Vanilla Slice

• Atomican
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:24 PM

Lol tantryl, I just read the first post again... $39 cap, I have that. Virgin!! :D
|| Intel Core i7 875k | Gigabyte P55A-UD6 | 4GB G.Skill Trident DDR3 1600MHz | EVGA GTX465 | Patriot Pyro 120GB | Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB | Pioneer DVR-216 | Corsair HX-650 | Lian Li A71 | Logitech G15 | Razer DeathAdder V2 || XFire: RaRa5

#29 SquallStrife

SquallStrife

Really knows where his towel is

• Atomican
  • 16,950 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:22 AM

* Oz Radar Lite - McTainsh - Free - Viewer for the BOM rain radars from around Australia. Free alternative to the paid version of PWAU.

Edited by SquallStrife, 26 October 2010 - 07:22 AM.

#30 SquallStrife

SquallStrife

Really knows where his towel is

• Atomican
  • 16,950 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:15 AM

* Consume - Bjango - Free - It scrapes the "my account" pages of over 200 different services, and displays the stats on big easy-to-read panels. Think ISP quotas, prepaid credit, postpaid 3G usage, E-toll accounts, etc.

Edited by SquallStrife, 29 October 2010 - 07:15 AM.

#31 dazerath

dazerath

Macaroon

• Lurker
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 06:54 PM

VLC Media Player - APPLIDIUM - Free - VLC player is an open source multimedia player. it opens almost any file, yet it's very powerful and simple to use. A great alternative to the standard media player as is handles more then just M4v files. - "I use this APP alot, just cut and paste video files without the need to convert, Almost as good as my desktop VLC Player" - Dazerath
[CPU]i7-4770K OC 4.5GHz Corsair H80i[MOBO]ASUS Z87-Deluxe[RAM]Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB1600MHz[GPU]Gigabyte AMDRadeon 7970GHz Edition OC 1200Mhz[HDD/SSD]1xWD 2TB HDD 1x 250GB SAMSUNG 840 Series SSD[SOUND]Logitech Z5500 5.1[CASE]Silverstone Raven RV01[PSU]Antec TruePower Quattro 1000W[MONITOR]2x27"AOC Eyefinity [OTHER][Logitech]G19 Keyboard [Razer]Ouroboros, Orbweaver, Tiamat 7.1 Headset

#32 Mr Dump

Mr Dump

Croissant

• Atomican
  • 454 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:49 PM

Consume bjango free this app looks up my mobile phones current usage stats so I know how much of my CAP is used. the help menu shows that several accounts can be linked to the app to give a current status on your usage. Handy.
edit: beaten by SquallStrife and about 6 months! silly me! thought i could contribute to this valuable thread at last....

Edited by Mr Dump, 28 April 2011 - 09:52 PM.

#33 Nich...

Nich...

Team Cake

• Goddess
  • 41,937 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:55 PM

Have iphone-toting Atomicans found any more must-have apps in the last 8+ months?

"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#34 The Tick

The Tick

Hero

• Super Hero
  • 11,647 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:25 PM

Where's my water - fantastic game!
Tweetbot - far superior twitter client than the official app
Camera+ - It's what I believe the inbuilt camera should provide.
2Do - has to be one of the best 2Do list apps available.

Disclaimer: this post may have been made via a mobile device. All formatting, grammar and the possible hilarious substitution of key words should be attributed to the autocorrect features of the mobile device and likely has nothing to do with the idiot driving it.

te0p:"Your a Unreal."

#35 komuso

komuso

Vanilla Slice

• Atomican
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 02:54 AM

Hasn't been a post in here for a while....

I just started using Dolphin Browser for ipad and iphone, awesome browser. I was using Terra which had some cool features, but Dolphin is awesome. Good features, addons available, tabbed browsing for iphone as well.

http://dolphin-browser.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users