• Please log in to reply
1032 replies to this topic

#21 hawkeye

hawkeye

Shun the nonbeliever

• God
  • 11,198 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:28 PM

Is it bad of me to admit that the main reason I personally wanted to get pictures working was for this very thread? :)

aka David Hollingworth, Digital Editor - Atomic, Hyper, PC & Tech Authority, PC PowerPlay "Hawkeyes pants were like the pants of a deity. Touching them I was in sudden communion with all of pantskind. The ancestral trouser crawling from the murk of time, the fierce battle pant scourging the infidel, the quiet meditation of the monks pants at dawn." - Hlass

#22 hectorbustnuts

hectorbustnuts

Titan

• Super Hero
  • 30,444 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:31 PM

Bwaaa ha ha ha! I had a feeling that was the case. Having painted a few more bits and pieces, I've looked back at stuff done only a few months ago, and comparatively they look...shithouse. I'll post the few bits and pieces I'm happy with though...I reckon I'm going to strip and repaint a fair few of my previous efforts (Command Squad, Librarian, Tactical marines x lots) + the ones I've barely done anything to.

#23 hectorbustnuts

hectorbustnuts

Titan

• Super Hero
  • 30,444 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:51 PM

Hokay...nothing much special, but here goes:

Posted Image

Devastator Squad

Posted Image

Scout Squad

Posted Image

Dreadnaught

#24 hectorbustnuts

hectorbustnuts

Titan

• Super Hero
  • 30,444 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 03:53 PM

Posted Image

Army en masse...no proper points count as yet. Waiting on new SM Codex to hit.

Still wanting a troop carrier, land speeder and an assault squad to round it out.

Still got a stack of painting to go on the bodies I've got though!

#25 TechHeadFred

TechHeadFred

Champion

• Atomican
  • 5,410 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 09:38 PM

Not sure if this is the place but the last thread was - finally got all my troops assembled, even my 10 Death Company Marines.

We can embed picture man - Please, I dont know what anyone else thinks, but I want people to start utilising that function here - Show us your work!

I want to finish off those 'nids and two Raveners I have and i will be doing the same

Yeah I'll get some decent pics of my assembled Blood Angels chapter up when I have some painting done.
I actually have an army of sorts now - got the latest issue of White Dwarf so I have an extra Terminator and Ork Nob on top of what's in Black Reach, plus some scenarios to try out.

Incidentally, the "Assault on Black Reach" starter paint set comes with 5 more Marines, making it pretty good value if your paint supplies are running low and you want a couple of "spare" troops to practice on...

Nice work there Hector, your painting is looking pretty good these days!
<this information may not yet be incorrect as it has not yet been updated>

#26 MedicineBaby

MedicineBaby

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 10:44 PM

Game: Fantasy
Army: Thinking of Dark Elves or High Elves...

Go Dark Elves you know you wan to ;)

Careful with Dark Elves, I used to collect them, then they just sort of disappeared. High Elves are good with long range, Dark Elves are not. Better in close combat and spells. But still ..... they are DARK ELVES FFS!

#27 King_Of_The_Mountain

King_Of_The_Mountain

Guru

• Atomican
  • 9,111 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 11:06 PM

Heres my chaos lord and a bearer ( i know theres no bearer in 40k) but they are probably my best painted as of yet, dont mind the lord missing his arms, he got ruffed up by a chosen terminator champion during my house move.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
ignore the crappiness of the photos as my camera is shit. and could you please add me to the games list Khirareq?
We may have gotten stronger but I believe we have become greater fools.

#28 G-relk

G-relk

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 2,809 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 09:57 AM

Is it bad of me to admit that the main reason I personally wanted to get pictures working was for this very thread?

:)

i had an inkling that that was so.

i should be gettign soem more work done soon. my order for some resin bases should arrive soon.

i ordered them through imperial games (a NZ mob). i tried paying via regular DD, after a week or 2 of waiting it didnt work, so i had to pay via paypal, made an account, and it took well over a week for the money to go thru. it went thru fine (at this stage i had ordered the bases about a month earlier), but the parcel got lost in the mail. all the while i was in regular communication with the owner of the business (brad mason). he explained that if i wasnted to wait until they got more bases from poland (about another 3 week wait) then hed ship them as soon as they arrived. i patiently waited for them to come, all the while i was keeping in fairly regular contact with brad. a few weeks ago he sent me an email saying that they should be here soon if i wanted to wait even longer, and that if i chose to, that hed sweeten the deal (ie chuch in some freebies), or hed give me a full refund. i chose to stick by him as id come this far, and wasnt about to quit. well, i just got an email the other day confirming that my new order had been sent. it didnt say what my freebie is, but im not too concerned, as the level of custmer service was asstounding. ive certainly never dealt with an online store as good as this one, and would happily go back.

i realise that its been about 2 maybe 3 months since i ACTUALLY ordered the bases, but the customer service offered along the way was, in all meanings of the word, "amazing"

would happily reccommend them to anyone :)

so yeah, once they come, ill get back into 40k, as ive been neglecting it for my computer :P
Rig: 2500K, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, Asrock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3, 2 x 6970 2GB, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Corsair Neutron 240GB Case: Modded Fractal Design Define XL Loop: XSPC EX360, XSPC EX120, XSPC Raystorm, 2 x XSPC Razor's, Koolance PMP-400

#29 hawkeye

hawkeye

Shun the nonbeliever

• God
  • 11,198 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:20 AM

Those Ultras are looking great Hector - really clean. Makes me mis my 2nd Company force... anyone out there wanting to offload their Black Reach marines? :) I keep meaning to being in some of my Guard and photograph them out back on our light table. Now that we can post pics in here, I really have to get around to it!

aka David Hollingworth, Digital Editor - Atomic, Hyper, PC & Tech Authority, PC PowerPlay "Hawkeyes pants were like the pants of a deity. Touching them I was in sudden communion with all of pantskind. The ancestral trouser crawling from the murk of time, the fierce battle pant scourging the infidel, the quiet meditation of the monks pants at dawn." - Hlass

#30 TechHeadFred

TechHeadFred

Champion

• Atomican
  • 5,410 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 12:19 PM

<snip> ... anyone out there wanting to offload their Black Reach marines?
<snip>

If I can get another Black Reach set for $75.00 it'd be worth offloading the Marines to build up an Ork army.
The logistical issue with offloading said Marines to you specificaly is that I'm now pretty much permanently located in Melbourne.
Might get up to Sydney for Live though...

#31 KTS

KTS

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 2,992 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 01:21 PM

Fred: www.scrapdragon.com.au Black Reach $76 + shipping. Good if you need other items as well, 20% off normal GW prices.

#32 hawkeye

hawkeye

Shun the nonbeliever

• God
  • 11,198 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 02:17 PM

Cheers, Tech, I'll PM you in a bit.

#33 thesorehead

thesorehead

Guru

• Atomican
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 02:44 PM

This is making me want to pull out my old Space Wolves. I was kinda proud of the paint jobs I did on some of those guys. Anyone in Sydney want to have a game when the new codices are all out? Haven't touched my 40k gear in years, and at the moment I'd rather use the new edition as an excuse to meet and play with someone new. ********************************************************************** Player name: thesorehead Location: Sydney Pref game time: Weekends - occasional weeknights Aspects: Gaming, though painting is fun I just don't have the space/time for it. Game: 40k Army: Space Wolves - ???? 1500? 2000? A few squads, dreadnought, transports etc. **********************************************************************
"Be Excellent to each other." - Bill and Ted Got my PS3 - now I need a 360 for teh gaems.

#34 TechHeadFred

TechHeadFred

Champion

• Atomican
  • 5,410 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 04:09 PM

Fred:
www.scrapdragon.com.au

Black Reach $76 + shipping.
Good if you need other items as well, 20% off normal GW prices.

I'm aware of Scrapdragon, thanks for the reminder anyway :)

Got mine from Mind Games on Swanston St for $75 - no shipping apart from on foot in my lunch break.
Not sure if they have any more left at that price though.

New codices next month, hopefully an updated Blood Angels one online soon after that.

#35 Khirareq

Khirareq

Titan

• Hero
  • 21,039 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 05:46 PM

Cant find the link Last thread, somewhere in its 13 odd pages, there was a link to a site where they made flat pack terrain (Hector - I think your drop pop is from them by the looks of the picture) I have disposed of the wrapping too so I cant check there Does anyone remember the site Im talking about? And able to provide a link please?

...but then everything changed when the fire nation attacked

#36 G-relk

G-relk

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 2,809 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 06:12 PM

Cant find the link

Last thread, somewhere in its 13 odd pages, there was a link to a site where they made flat pack terrain (Hector - I think your drop pop is from them by the looks of the picture)

I have disposed of the wrapping too so I cant check there

Does anyone remember the site Im talking about? And able to provide a link please?

gimme a minute, ill see if i can find it for you :)

EDIT: found it!!

http://www.miniature...y.com/index.asp
Rig: 2500K, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, Asrock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3, 2 x 6970 2GB, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Corsair Neutron 240GB Case: Modded Fractal Design Define XL Loop: XSPC EX360, XSPC EX120, XSPC Raystorm, 2 x XSPC Razor's, Koolance PMP-400

#37 King_Of_The_Mountain

King_Of_The_Mountain

Guru

• Atomican
  • 9,111 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 06:41 PM

I guess i have to do this properly then Name: King_Of_The_Mountain Location: Perth Preffered game times: weekends Aspects: Painting and strategy, moddeling. Game: 40k Armies: 2 chaos (1 iron warriors sort of combined with undivided and an army of khorne) around 3000 points each if i decide to use heroes.

#38 KTS

KTS

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 2,992 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 06:44 PM

Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Black Templars and Space Wolves wont be getting updates so they match the new Vanilla Marine codex coming out, gotta play a codex chapter to get the tasty new toys.

Here's my WIP on the stuff from Black Reach, started painting the terminators in the box and been working on the seargent. The rest of the squad are getting their arms magnetised so I can swap out weapon configs as needed.
Still trying to perfect my colour scheme, yellow is a bitch.
Have to finish the weapons, his chest plate banner thing and the base, that will have to wait for my next days off.

Have only painted about 10 marines before this guy, and before that a handful of Necrons so still trying to get the hang of painting.

Posted Image

For the miniature scenery Khir you should be able to buy it from most gaming shops, or from scrapdragon for a bit cheaper I think.

#39 Khirareq

Khirareq

Titan

• Hero
  • 21,039 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 07:02 PM

I guess i have to do this properly then

Name: King_Of_The_Mountain
Preffered game times: weekends
Aspects: Painting and strategy, moddeling.
Game: 40k
Armies: 2 chaos (1 iron warriors sort of combined with undivided and an army of khorne) around 3000 points each if i decide to use heroes.

Yeah sorry dude - I was going to sit down and shoot you a PM - Have'nt had much time yet

I also go dig up your drawing thread - Have'nt forgotten it either

Added too btw

found it!!

Cheers dude! Need more of the Imperial Ruins stuff :)

...but then everything changed when the fire nation attacked

#40 King_Of_The_Mountain

King_Of_The_Mountain

Guru

• Atomican
  • 9,111 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:28 PM

Maybe someone should sticky this, so it doesnt float away and anyone new to atomic or warhammer cant find it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users