• Please log in to reply
1032 replies to this topic

#41 Dark Maverik

Dark Maverik

Charge

• Atomican
  • 325 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:38 PM

I'm not ready for play yet, but I'll put my name down for now anyway. ********************************************************************** Player name: Dark Maverik Location: Eight Mile Plains (Brisbane) Pref game time: Weekends - Can do weeknights Aspects: Painting and Collecting (Till my army is finished) Game: Fantasy Army: Vampire Counts - Building to 2000pts **********************************************************************
All of mankind's greatest adventures started with a step in the wrong direction.

#42 hawkeye

hawkeye

Shun the nonbeliever

• God
  • 11,198 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 09:54 AM

But sure that would be an abuse of my powers...

aka David Hollingworth, Digital Editor - Atomic, Hyper, PC & Tech Authority, PC PowerPlay "Hawkeyes pants were like the pants of a deity. Touching them I was in sudden communion with all of pantskind. The ancestral trouser crawling from the murk of time, the fierce battle pant scourging the infidel, the quiet meditation of the monks pants at dawn." - Hlass

#43 Khirareq

Khirareq

Titan

• Hero
  • 21,040 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:33 AM

Maybe someone should sticky this, so it doesnt float away and anyone new to atomic or warhammer cant find it.

Nah - 'she'll be right I reckon. There tends to be enough activity in this thread to keep it on the first page, and if it did slip off, Im sure I could find a valid reason to bump - Just like I am now :)

Now another thing - Silly twit that I am has only just discovered that I *can* link to posts!! What Im going to do over the weekend is refine the second post of this thread and remove a lot of that data, and have minimal information to reduce clutter, and then links to where people posted their details - This way, you can maintain and update your data yourselves, while still being able to locate people quickly within the second post :) Just Im looking at the list and notice its getting sort of a bitch already and I want to sort that out soon.

...but then everything changed when the fire nation attacked

#44 NightOwl

NightOwl

Champion

• Hero
  • 5,831 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 12:58 PM

But sure that would be an abuse of my powers...

and with powers comes enormous responsibility, so you may as well enjoy them by stretching them a little :)

hey, melbourne guys... maybe we could get together for a painting afternoon sometime ?
Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition No. 76

#45 TechHeadFred

TechHeadFred

Champion

• Atomican
  • 5,410 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 07:47 AM

A photo of my Space Marine army, ready for further painting:

Posted Image

Apparently the forum doesn't like the filename with 2 dots in it so I can't use the forum thumbnail link provided.
Thanks Khir and MorricMan - I was in a rush when I posted this originally..

hey, melbourne guys... maybe we could get together for a painting afternoon sometime ?

I'd be up for that :)
<this information may not yet be incorrect as it has not yet been updated>

#46 Khirareq

Khirareq

Titan

• Hero
  • 21,040 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 08:44 AM

Now I can see that that picture is apparently 2700x874, but its like, postage stamp man Sure that extra . isnt for the "th" bit, which Im gonna nearly guess is your image hosts auto-thumbnail generation?

#47 MorricMan

MorricMan

Journeyman

• Lurker
  • 152 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 09:31 AM

Now I can see that that picture is apparently 2700x874, but its like, postage stamp man

Sure that extra . isnt for the "th" bit, which Im gonna nearly guess is your image hosts auto-thumbnail generation?

Yep,
I took out the .th in my web browser and it came up nice and big.
Mozzee Gamertag- Mozzee your just a roube maker !

#48 TechHeadFred

TechHeadFred

Champion

• Atomican
  • 5,410 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 08:40 AM

Fixed. I'll put a pic of my Orks up next...

#49 Khirareq

Khirareq

Titan

• Hero
  • 21,040 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 10:16 AM

Hey guys - Have updated the userlist so its actually useful and not a pain in the arse, so feel free to update or play around with your profiles however you want. In addition, links dont work to profiles where there are images embedded above it. My current recommendation would be is if your unhappy with how it links, find an earlier post where there arnt embedded images above it, and hi-jack it for use for your profile and let me know so I can update the link I forgot how much fun Orks are to do - Been converting the 3 choppas which come in the Black Reach box set to make them look like little Apache choppas (Squaring the nose off and ditching the rockets, and adding "wings" to mount rocket launchers and guns too + HUD displays - Have to do this to the other 3 now as well) to suit in more for the Blood Axe theme. Not to mention the poor bloody Devilfish Im hacking up - Converted the drones so it now has little Gretchin sitting in little pods with rotors on the bottom so they can still hover - I know it doesnt fit in with the rules, but it looks nice :) Wondering: Does anyone has a shitload of little Axes? Due to being a Blood Axe army, every single one of the bastards needs an axe, and then ever more for the bosspoles and vehicle decoration - Thought Id ask here first before looking at Scrapdragon and other online stores. Yes I could make them, but Im talking a couple of hundred here, so need to collect a few

#50 G-relk

G-relk

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 2,809 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 06:10 PM

weel, ive been holding off on my warhammer untill i got the bases fro NZ, and the new codex arrives. i got my bases in the mail yesterday, and the new marines codex comes out on saturday. cant wait for it.
Rig: 2500K, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, Asrock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3, 2 x 6970 2GB, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Corsair Neutron 240GB Case: Modded Fractal Design Define XL Loop: XSPC EX360, XSPC EX120, XSPC Raystorm, 2 x XSPC Razor's, Koolance PMP-400

#51 hectorbustnuts

hectorbustnuts

Titan

• Super Hero
  • 30,444 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 06:12 PM

weel, ive been holding off on my warhammer untill i got the bases fro NZ, and the new codex arrives. i got my bases in the mail yesterday, and the new marines codex comes out on saturday. cant wait for it.

Yep, saturday.

My birthday.

Money given to me -> to GW

#52 KTS

KTS

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 2,992 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 09:07 AM

So, what toys did we all buy yesterday? I picked up the new codex, a command squad and 3 of the new scout bikers. The scout bikes are a great kit, several options and bits left over at the end. Now they get to sit around in my "waiting to be done" pile. So many mini's to assemble and paint, so little time.

#53 TechHeadFred

TechHeadFred

Champion

• Atomican
  • 5,410 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 10:46 AM

Hmmm didn't buy anything yesterday but thanks to having tenants in my house back in Canberra I can now afford to think about buying a codex or two...

#54 mykl_c

mykl_c

Champion

• Hero
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 06:08 PM

Still not dead, but now without gall (bladder!). Bought new SM codex and 2 Drop pods for my sons Raven Guard army. Also picked up a Trukk, Weirdboy and Big mek with Shokk attack gun for my budding Waaagh! And some heavy weapons teams, snipers and oficers for my Catachan IG. So, no eating for a while! My orks, which started with the Black Reach box, now includes 15 Burnas, 15 Lootas, 14 Nobz, the grot assitants and technical and the gnarly squigs. Nearly there. Helping snotlings, must go!
ISAIAH 58:8 "Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke? Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter—when you see the naked, to clothe him,and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?"

#55 G-relk

G-relk

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 2,809 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:04 AM

im gonna pick up the new dex today. i did torrent a copy, but fuck printing out 73 pages of rules in black and white, much better having the real-deal. also, how mad is the new dread?? cant wait to convert my current ones into an ironclad, plus im going to make a pair of L + R TL auto cannon arms for my venerable dread. Mortis style venerable dread FTW!
Rig: 2500K, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, Asrock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3, 2 x 6970 2GB, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Corsair Neutron 240GB Case: Modded Fractal Design Define XL Loop: XSPC EX360, XSPC EX120, XSPC Raystorm, 2 x XSPC Razor's, Koolance PMP-400

#56 Khirareq

Khirareq

Titan

• Hero
  • 21,040 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 10:31 AM

*clicks tongue* And by the looks of the Games Workshop online store, their price rise has gone through - 6 bucks for a paint now, and Ork codex I paid 38 is now 42 :( Eh - Was thinking about buying that mega paint set anyways - Loving the foundation paints, plus looks like a nice case to keep all that crap in as well Spent most the weekend converting a recently aquired/salvaged Vindicator tank - Dont like the looted vehicle rules so trying to make it a battlewagon Anyone know some good camera settings for a nokia n95? Trying to take photos of my Orks so I can get some help with painting the skin

#57 G-relk

G-relk

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 2,809 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 11:02 AM

there is a tute in a WD from a month or 2 back that looks easy and awesome (for the tale of four gamers thingo). ive gotta paint up a AoBR set for my warhammer club, so ill end up doing them like this. the marines id like to paint up as legion of the damned, but it may be a bit time consuming to do well. also, cant help with the camera settings khir, sorry

#58 hawkeye

hawkeye

Shun the nonbeliever

• God
  • 11,198 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 11:33 AM

Haven't bought anything new for a while, thought I have picked up some Black Reach marines. Man, they are lovely, and will serve as a nice reward for every unit of Guard I finish :) I do not to do some re-jigging for my Tau though. 5th ed is great, but it makes the classic Mech Tau list very challenging, as you generally lack the troops to really take and hold objectives. Gonna need more Kroot, I think.

aka David Hollingworth, Digital Editor - Atomic, Hyper, PC & Tech Authority, PC PowerPlay "Hawkeyes pants were like the pants of a deity. Touching them I was in sudden communion with all of pantskind. The ancestral trouser crawling from the murk of time, the fierce battle pant scourging the infidel, the quiet meditation of the monks pants at dawn." - Hlass

#59 King_Of_The_Mountain

King_Of_The_Mountain

Guru

• Atomican
  • 9,111 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 11:40 AM

Just added a defiler to my chaos army, damn you bastards getting me back into this thing. im only sticking to my chaos this time though, not wandering off into tyranids and necrons again.
We may have gotten stronger but I believe we have become greater fools.

#60 Khirareq

Khirareq

Titan

• Hero
  • 21,040 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:55 PM

there is a tute in a WD from a month or 2 back that looks easy and awesome (for the tale of four gamers thingo).

Is that for Ork skin? What Im doing is, starting off with a black undercoat, then a deep highlighting with Orkhide shade foundation, then dry brush the details out starting with snot green, then goblin green, then a final quick brushing with scorpian green

Sorta thinking I need to get in there with some green wash in between the snot and goblin steps, or save the wash until just before the final snot green step (Could go between the orkhide and snot, but think it'll end up covered by the other dry brushing too much), just to wash away a bit of the grainy look the model gets (Just dont have any green wash atm)

Im not after Orks with brightly colored skin - I like the darkness - Just hoping theres an easy way to smooth the colors out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users