1718 replies to this topic

#301 martyr

martyr

Master

• Atomican
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:54 PM

Ha I hope I'm not making this up, lol.
Q6600@3.00Ghz/Prolimatech Megahalems w/ Coolermaster 2000RPM 19Dba FAN/Corsair 4x2GB 800Mhz DDR2/Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P/Inno3D GTX580 1.5Gb/OCZ Agility 3 240Gb/Corsair TX-750/Antec 900

#302 Gharphield

Gharphield

Learner

• Super Hero
  • 30,067 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:21 PM

I'm a bit dissapointed in the always on internet which is apparently required for single player...

WTF do they want full-time IP connection for SP? That's just stupid. Or evil, depending why they want it.

Reckon I'll be waiting for an explanation and/or fix before I purchase, now.

Hang on hang on ... isn't this using hte BNET2.0 system? If so isn't that the SAME system as Starcraft 2? And if it is, then yes you need net connection to create your account ... then that's it. You can sign in offline any time you want.
You shoulda tapped

#303 twents

twents

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 624 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:23 PM

Might dump me missus just before the 15th so i can play 2 weeks straight with no interuptions.
BF3 name: FREEZINBONES Battletag (WoW D3): FREEZIN#1668 Steam: FREEZINBONES 2500k @ 4.6, 7970 @ 1150/1650, HX750, P8p67 pro, Sandisk/Patriot SSD/Ram, Xonar DG N40L, z2300's, desklamp, mousepad, old shit desk.

#304 clung3

clung3

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 284 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

I'm a bit dissapointed in the always on internet which is apparently required for single player...

WTF do they want full-time IP connection for SP? That's just stupid. Or evil, depending why they want it.

Hang on hang on ... isn't this using hte BNET2.0 system? If so isn't that the SAME system as Starcraft 2? And if it is, then yes you need net connection to create your account ... then that's it. You can sign in offline any time you want.

I believe you are correct sir.

Might dump me missus just before the 15th so i can play 2 weeks straight with no interuptions.

Just buy her a trip to some place far, far away!
s3x.

#305 Cybes

Cybes

Apprentice

• Atomican
  • 15,281 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

I believe you are correct sir.

Well ok. That is not what was said in the first place - much more acceptable.

"Reality does not care what you think." - Dr Richard Feynman

"If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea." - Antoine de Saint Exupery [quoted by Niel DeGrasse Tyson, about space travel]

#306 Gharphield

Gharphield

Learner

• Super Hero
  • 30,067 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

I dunno any more to be hoenst guys. Immediately after posting this, I did a search online ... I find a lot of sites talking about it, but can't for the LIFE of me find Blizzard confirming it ... christ who knows :( If that's the case, that's REALLY bad :(
You shoulda tapped

#307 martyr

martyr

Master

• Atomican
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:34 PM

I hope your right Garph, i remember reading something about it ages ago... quick google search...

here i think: toms hardware

I dont have time to read it all now but main para that jumped out at me when i opened it

"We thought about this quite a bit," said executive producer Rob Pardo earlier this week. "One of the things that we felt was really import was that if you did play offline, if we allowed for that experience, you’d start a character, you’d get him all the way to level 20 or level 30 or level 40 or what have you, and then at that point you might decide to want to venture onto Battle.net. But you’d have to start a character from scratch, because there’d be no way for us to guarantee no cheats were involved, if we let you play on the client and then take that character online."

please tell my if i'm wrong (hope i am), this is from a long time ago - though i've seen people complaining of always on connection recently.
Q6600@3.00Ghz/Prolimatech Megahalems w/ Coolermaster 2000RPM 19Dba FAN/Corsair 4x2GB 800Mhz DDR2/Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P/Inno3D GTX580 1.5Gb/OCZ Agility 3 240Gb/Corsair TX-750/Antec 900

#308 disolusiond

disolusiond

Charge

• Atomican
  • 2,992 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:34 PM

pppffffffttt.... They could demand that I ride a giant dildo attached to a jackhammer that is set to full speed at all times while playing D3 and I would still be buying this game ( already have actually, bought the game that is, not ridden a giant jackhammer dildo ).

Edited by disolusiond, 04 April 2012 - 05:37 PM.

#309 wraith676

wraith676

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 693 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

Wow Cybes, a bit slow there. This has been news for over a year. I doubt very much that you will get a "FIX" either for it as from what the beta suggests that all the AI and loot are handled server side so even if there was a 'FIX" you would have no loot and the monsters would not do much. :D

#310 Cybes

Cybes

Apprentice

• Atomican
  • 15,281 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:37 PM

"We thought about this quite a bit," said executive producer Rob Pardo earlier this week. "One of the things that we felt was really import was that if you did play offline, if we allowed for that experience, you’d start a character, you’d get him all the way to level 20 or level 30 or level 40 or what have you, and then at that point you might decide to want to venture onto Battle.net. But you’d have to start a character from scratch, because there’d be no way for us to guarantee no cheats were involved, if we let you play on the client and then take that character online."

TBH, I don't see a problem with having to start a new character for online play. That's the way Sacred 2 (and, I think, every other game that could do this sort of thing) has done it. It worked, and nobody playing chucked a fit over it.

Wow Cybes, a bit slow there. This has been news for over a year. I doubt very much that you will get a "FIX" either for it as from what the beta suggests that all the AI and loot are handled server side so even if there was a 'FIX" you would have no loot and the monsters would not do much. :D

Yeah, well I'm getting the 'news' from here - not reading all the gaming sites. I do actually do other things apart from play games. :P

"If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea." - Antoine de Saint Exupery [quoted by Niel DeGrasse Tyson, about space travel]

#311 disolusiond

disolusiond

Charge

• Atomican
  • 2,992 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:17 PM

Yeah, well I'm getting the 'news' from here - not reading all the gaming sites. I do actually do other things apart from play games. :P

Look at Mr fancy pants with his adult life n' shit.

#312 wraith676

wraith676

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 693 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:52 AM

Cybes just to let you know im pretty certain that it has also been mentioned on here previously as well.

#313 Cybes

Cybes

Apprentice

• Atomican
  • 15,281 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:10 PM

Cybes just to let you know im pretty certain that it has also been mentioned on here previously as well.

Well, if it was, I missed it.

#314 TheSingularity

TheSingularity

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 974 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:55 PM

Anyone still after the Collectors Edition, I discovered a place you can order it at for $99 USD and have it sent here...Not sure on the shipping but it is a huge retail store in the US.

Anyway here is the link. http://www.frys.com/...CH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Pre-ordering it tomorrow most probably.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Salvor Hardin, Foundation Series, Isaac Asimov

#315 Mr.Twinkie

Mr.Twinkie

Charge

• Atomican
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:55 PM

Anyone still after the Collectors Edition, I discovered a place you can order it at for $99 USD and have it sent here...Not sure on the shipping but it is a huge retail store in the US.

How trustworthy are they?

Have you dealt business with them before?

Seems kinda odd how they specialize in electronics yet they do the preorder of games like this and yet it still hasn't run out in America of all places..

Maybe I'm just too paranoid.

Game's not region locked right?

Edited by Mr.Twinkie, 07 April 2012 - 07:58 PM.

"Ignorance is a luxury that you cannot afford"

-somebody

#316 TheSingularity

TheSingularity

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 974 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

How trustworthy are they?

Have you dealt business with them before?

Seems kinda odd how they specialize in electronics yet they do the preorder of games like this and yet it still hasn't run out in America of all places..

Maybe I'm just too paranoid.

Game's not region locked right?

Not region locked.

Haven't used them before, but they are a huge retail store in America.

There was another American store that still had it for sale that owns Kmart but I can't remember the name...You could buy it from them still but had to make an account which i couldn't be bothered. Cost just a bit more anyway...From them.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Salvor Hardin, Foundation Series, Isaac Asimov

#317 pwarren

pwarren

Charge

• Atomican
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:33 PM

Well, in order to play the Beta, you need to log in to battle.net to get your hero list. Haven't tried pulling the plug while playing, will give that a go tonight. Better read the EULA too, and see what I can actually post here for you guys... Edit: Disable my NIC = no play! And doesn't seem to be a way to take it offline. And it's NDA free, so send me your questions (bearing in mind I never played Diablo past the first town before).

Edited by pwarren, 07 April 2012 - 10:34 PM.

++++++++++[>++++++++>+++++++++>++++++++++>+++>+++++++++++>++++>+<<<<<<<-]>++++.>+++++++.>+++++++.------.>++.<<.>>.<-.>>+++++++.<<+++++++++.>>-----.>++++.<<.<-------.-..+++++++.>.<<+.>-------.>>++++..<<.>>--.>>.

#318 neowulf

neowulf

Charge

• Atomican
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:33 AM

Disable my NIC = no play! And doesn't seem to be a way to take it offline.

Blizzard confirmed well over a year ago that Diablo III would require a consistent net connection to play.
Struck me as a little odd at first, then got over it.

Sure, it's a little annoying, but not insurmountable.

#319 martyr

martyr

Master

• Atomican
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:51 AM

phew! yeah glad I wasn't making it up! The requirement for constant internet connection I can live with to be honest. It is just the way things are going. However it would be incredibly frustrating when the connection goes down and you cant play, so I'm glad I'm not with Telstra :P

#320 pwarren

pwarren

Charge

• Atomican
  • 2,290 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:09 AM

Yeah, I thought I'd heard that somewhere, but then wondered if I was confusing it with Starcraft. It's not something I actually noticed until I started reading here. The download, for those interested is around 7GB for the retail release, Beta was a bit less than 3GB. Played through with a Wizard, Monk, Demon Hunter and Witch Doctor. Except for the Monk, they all feel kind of the same, it's just Magic vs Arrows at a distance, the monk is melee attacks. But it's all a whole lot of clickety clickety, clickety clickety, clickety clickety, clickety clickety, clickety clickety, clickety clickety, clickety clickety. I really would like to use WASD for movement. Feel like I'm going to need a new mouse if I want to play this through 60 levels. The Tristram story is really good, I want to see how it all ends, and I like the extra bits you get from finding parts of journals around the dungeons. But in the Beta, the heroes stories aren't fleshed out much at all. I'm hoping that happens as you go further. I want to know more about where they come from, and what they're looking for, but all you get from the beta is that they're hunting the fallen star. It all appears to work pretty well, except if you have crap internet. When maxing my connection with downloads, movement gets a bit rubberbandy, and attacks take a while to happen. Which I guess is what you'd expect. The servers are in the US I belive, but I don't normally notice any lag. I gave up trying to play via my 3g internet lots of lag and disconnects, but I do have crap reception at home.

Edited by pwarren, 10 April 2012 - 11:22 AM.

++++++++++[>++++++++>+++++++++>++++++++++>+++>+++++++++++>++++>+<<<<<<<-]>++++.>+++++++.>+++++++.------.>++.<<.>>.<-.>>+++++++.<<+++++++++.>>-----.>++++.<<.<-------.-..+++++++.>.<<+.>-------.>>++++..<<.>>--.>>.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users