#41 Brock

Brock

Charge

• Atomican
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:46 PM

Would work, and work quite well...

But I don't think they should do it.

Am 100% with Brock and his superb insight into why it shouldn't be done. PotM!

I remember writing that post, and thinking to myself should I put more detail or not, and I decided I just simply couldn't be bothered.

Thanks for the potm nomination though :P

#42 Mr.Twinkie

Mr.Twinkie

Charge

• Atomican
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:16 PM

There's just some kind of feel with Blizzard games that you wont get anywhere else. I have good confidence with them and with the fond memories of Diablo 2 i really cant wait for this.

"Ignorance is a luxury that you cannot afford"

-somebody

#43 disolusiond

disolusiond

Charge

• Atomican
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:28 PM

There's just some kind of feel with Blizzard games that you wont get anywhere else. I have good confidence with them and with the fond memories of Diablo 2 i really cant wait for this.

Pretty sure that's got something to do with their "when it's done" philosophy. They never release a game till they think they have it as close to perfect as it going to get, then they support the shit out of it. I've just started playing Starcraft 2 and I'm remembering how much I love Blizzard. I love them, I love them, I love them! Isn't their new mmo due out next year, or is it the year after?

#44 Bundy

Bundy

Journeyman

• Atomican
  • 4,102 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:28 PM

Diablo 3 may not drop this year.
Activision blizzards publisher released its 2011 profit projections and didn't list a release from blizzard as a major profit source.
http://investor.acti...eleaseid=548900
Considering its a crime to intentionally misreport on things like this it suggests Activision isn't expecting Diablo 3 to drop this year.
I won't bow to something that I've never seen. I can't believe in something that doesn't believe in me. I'm not Blood of Your Blood. I'm no son of your God. I've no faith in your fate. Still I find salvation. - FFDP

#45 Nich...

Nich...

Initiate

• Mod
  • 41,620 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:43 PM

Blind faith in Blizzard doesn't make them some kind of miracle game maker.

"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#46 Mr.Twinkie

Mr.Twinkie

Charge

• Atomican
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:50 PM

Blind faith in Blizzard doesn't make them some kind of miracle game maker.

Their hsitory does.

Diablo 3 may not drop this year.
Activision blizzards publisher released its 2011 profit projections and didn't list a release from blizzard as a major profit source.
http://investor.acti...eleaseid=548900
Considering its a crime to intentionally misreport on things like this it suggests Activision isn't expecting Diablo 3 to drop this year.

Massive :(

-somebody

#47 wraith676

wraith676

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 693 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:15 PM

Actually this does not prove that D3 wont be released this yea, it proves that it will be released after this financial year, which is quite true. If you have been keeping up with the information being released from blizzard and in a number of recent interviews you will in fact find out that Diablo 3 is technically completed and they are actually spending time on quality assurance testing. There have been two interviews in the last 2 months that blizzard employees have stated that they are trying really hard for a 2011 release. The real milestone will be when blizzard announces the beta. This will mean that we have less then 6 months left until release, and i predict that we will see the beta being released within 2-4 months.

#48 Mr.Twinkie

Mr.Twinkie

Charge

• Atomican
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:24 PM

Actually this does not prove that D3 wont be released this yea, it proves that it will be released after this financial year, which is quite true. If you have been keeping up with the information being released from blizzard and in a number of recent interviews you will in fact find out that Diablo 3 is technically completed and they are actually spending time on quality assurance testing. There have been two interviews in the last 2 months that blizzard employees have stated that they are trying really hard for a 2011 release. The real milestone will be when blizzard announces the beta. This will mean that we have less then 6 months left until release, and i predict that we will see the beta being released within 2-4 months.

If there's gonna be a beta, i would be delighted. Are you gonna need serial numbers from previous blizzard games to enter like Starcraft 2's beta?

Edited by mr.twinkie, 05 April 2011 - 06:29 PM.

-somebody

#49 Bundy

Bundy

Journeyman

• Atomican
  • 4,102 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:38 PM

I didn't say it proves anything I said "may" as in possibly. Reason being is they don't have to report on unknowns and it is still possible it will launch sooner then they currently anticipated.
Furthermore if you read the source this document specifically states for
"Outlook for Year Ending December 31, 2011"
Not Australian Financial period.

If I were a gambling man I would put money on a Christmas release at earliest, also remember Blizzard do LONG betas, Starcraft 2 public beta was over 5months and Diablo 3 has a lot of elements to flesh out connectivity issues, balance issues and so on.

As for the ducument, like i said that document isn't proof of anything it just suggests.

Mr.Twinkle there will defiantly be a public beta and they will restrict access to key holders that you either have to preorder for or apply for.
It is stated the beta will be aprox 6months long, given the history of SC2 beta and that document, I really can't see this game launching before Christmas period at earliest.

If you want Beta info tune in here. (in May)
"An announcement about the start time for the beta test is expected in the Q1/2011 Activision/Blizzard conference call, scheduled to take place in early May, 2011. "
http://www.diablowik...t/Diablo_3_Beta

Edited by Bundy, 05 April 2011 - 06:45 PM.

I won't bow to something that I've never seen. I can't believe in something that doesn't believe in me. I'm not Blood of Your Blood. I'm no son of your God. I've no faith in your fate. Still I find salvation. - FFDP

#50 disolusiond

disolusiond

Charge

• Atomican
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:42 PM

As much as I'm hanging out for this one I wont be playing the beta. I want to play the finished product from the collectors edition, and it better be the most ridiculously awesome collectors ever....

#51 Morgoth

Morgoth

Apprentice

• Hero
  • 15,845 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:43 PM

Don't care when it's released, always prefer a polished game compared to an early released buggy game
2011 Atomic 3DMark & Game Benchmark Rankings !! http://forums.atomic...showtopic=41178 Current PC (no lie) Athlon XP-M 2400+@2640MHz (3d) / Abit NF7-S2.0 Vmodded / 1Gig OCZ Gold EL GX BH-5 / ATI Radeon 9800XT@500MHz

#52 Bundy

Bundy

Journeyman

• Atomican
  • 4,102 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 06:52 PM

Don't care when it's released, always prefer a polished game compared to an early released buggy game

+1
Plus I'm not sure I'm craving for a loot crawler atm.

#53 disolusiond

disolusiond

Charge

• Atomican
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:06 PM

Like that's ever happened with Blizzard. That's why I love em, nobody polishes like they do. I've always been fine with the "when it's done" line, in fact I prefer it to being a tester who pays for the privilege.

#54 Mr.Twinkie

Mr.Twinkie

Charge

• Atomican
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:28 PM

Agreed if the final product is polished it'll be worth the wait.

-somebody

#55 Mr.Twinkie

Mr.Twinkie

Charge

• Atomican
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 06:13 PM

There seems to be strengthening rumors that Blizzard is porting Diablo 3 to the PS3. http://au.gamespot.c...a...all;title;6

"Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an enthusiastic senior software engineer to be a key contributor on the Diablo team. This position is responsible for overseeing PlayStation 3 (PS3) architecture design," reads the job listing, "as well as other PS3-specific game code development to maximize platform performance."

Still cannot wait for this game.

Edited by Mr.Twinkie, 06 June 2011 - 06:14 PM.

-somebody

#56 NukeJockey

NukeJockey

Learner

• Hero
  • 23,615 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:23 PM

Like that's ever happened with Blizzard. That's why I love em, nobody polishes like they do.

They've had what, 2 releases in the last 7 years?

Didn't play StarCraft 2, but wow wasn't finished when they released it.

Valve are another company I can think of that release polished games. And they've released more than Blizz.

In the last 10 years.
My Rig: ASUS P67 Sabretooth | i5 2500k w/ Corsair H80 | 8gb G.Skill Ripjaw-X 1866mhz | Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X| NZXT Phantom | Corsair HX850

#57 elfinke

elfinke

Charge

• Atomican
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:02 PM

There seems to be strengthening rumors that Blizzard is porting Diablo 3 to the PS3. http://au.gamespot.c...a...all;title;6

"Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an enthusiastic senior software engineer to be a key contributor on the Diablo team. This position is responsible for overseeing PlayStation 3 (PS3) architecture design," reads the job listing, "as well as other PS3-specific game code development to maximize platform performance."

Post #13, first page of this thread. From November last year no less! That's a long running rumour, certainly a good chance it's real now.

I think it is clear that Acti has made the decision for the multi platform release of D3. Further, I think perhaps that Blizz themselves are all across a PC360 version, and are now seeking expertise in programming for the PS3. IMHO, they should just hire the guys at From Software or Platinum games (Bayonetta port notwithstanding).

Edited by elfinke, 06 June 2011 - 08:07 PM.

BUT I'M A CREPE I'M A WEIRDOUGH WHAT THE HELL AM I DOUGHING HERE? I DONUT BELONG HERE

#58 Mr.Twinkie

Mr.Twinkie

Charge

• Atomican
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:46 PM

I think it is clear that Acti has made the decision for the multi platform release of D3. Further, I think perhaps that Blizz themselves are all across a PC360 version, and are now seeking expertise in programming for the PS3. IMHO, they should just hire the guys at From Software or Platinum games (Bayonetta port notwithstanding).

Knowing Activision being the money hungry fellas that they are, I guess this was inevitable. Perhaps we will see more of Blizzard's intellectual properties become console ported.

Edited by Mr.Twinkie, 06 June 2011 - 08:46 PM.

-somebody

#59 neX

neX

Master

• Atomican
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:17 PM

Hopefully the quality will not be dumbed down on the PC as we have seen with other titles.
Silicon Sports | eSports Events & Tournaments | siliconsports.net | @siliconsports | facebook.com/siliconsports | twitch.tv/siliconsports

#60 Mr.Twinkie

Mr.Twinkie

Charge

• Atomican
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 09:20 PM

Hopefully the quality will not be dumbed down on the PC as we have seen with other titles.

I'm sure Blizzard will make that a top priority. Otherwise there will be flying pigs.

-somebody

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users