• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#81 800_series

800_series

Apprentice

• Atomican
  • 10,024 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:12 PM

All sold out... Wonder if more will come in? Is there a decent note taking app for these? If I can get my hands on one, I may just have to get a bluetooth keyboard and use it for uni or something.
Brought to you by the Minister for Cyborgs and Violent Cyborg Military Forces. Quote by hectorbustnuts Everything you post makes me "ROFL". Usually caused by concussing myself after a few minutes of smashing head against the desk.

#82 tantryl

tantryl

Initiate

• Super Hero
  • 41,933 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 09:12 PM

MEGABUMP. The Galaxy Tab was fun, for a time. It was a good conversation piece "Oh, that's a nice phone, have you seen my phone? <extract golliathan phone>". Then the glitches started. I got the Galaxy Tab because I had an iPhone 3GS and the Galaxy Tab had Android. The iPhone was slightly annoying with syncing to gmail and the Google Calendar. I figured that everything would be super streamlined and easy with the Android since everything I wanted to use it for was Google products (barring the phone). How wrong I was. The inbuilt calendar app wouldn't update events I edited nor add events I added to the android calendar app. Yes, they were in the right calendar, if there's any doubt in your mind about that then consider... editing an existing event on your Android Galaxy Tab that was previously created in a regular web browser wasn't uploaded to Google Calendar. I lost a month of jobs notes as a result, just assuming they'd stay there on my phone... nope, the phone deletes calendar data after a few weeks. I didn't need those notes, sure. But if I had? Shockingly bad system that basically required me to re-enter everything I'd already entered. So I switched to using the Google Calendar mobile website. That way, at least, stuff would be saved and uploaded. And that worked. For a month or two. Then I started getting error messages every time I tried to edit an event, something about it couldn't be saved. No error code. No help from the google support forums. Other people had had the problem and none of the suggestions to people with the same problem asking about it helped. So I couldn't use the inbuilt calendar, I couldn't even use the mobile browser calendar... so I gave up and went back to the iPhone 3GS. At least the mobile website Calendar works fine on it.
"Unless I call you a stupid goddamn liar to your face, I'm being light hearted." - tantryl, to all you evil fucks "Two things. Number one; I get hard when a woman cries. Number two; your daughter will never walk again." - Dr Glenn Richie

#83 .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

.:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Hero

• Mod
  • 20,116 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 09:21 PM

That's sad to hear tantryl. I haven't had issues with Google calendar before. Perhaps it's an issue with the Touchwiz ROM?

There seems to be active development going on in the hacking community, so you may be able to upgrade to ICS.

"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan

"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.” - Mark Twain

An open mind is willing to consider new ideas, while provisionally accepting those backed by empirical evidence, and provisionally rejecting those without.

#84 Triggerhappy

Triggerhappy

Journeyman

• Atomican
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:39 AM

I have been given a Samsung Tablet 10.1 34gig. (Christmas present) Has been working like a dream since I unpacked it, my only gripe is trying to work out if you can expand the memory or if the slot is just for the sim card? My partner uses it when her (crappy) Dell laptop refuses to work. Now I just want to look for a light case to put it in when not in use.

#85 Triggerhappy

Triggerhappy

Journeyman

• Atomican
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:22 PM

After having my tablet for over a month now, I have a problem with charging it up. Computer usb to tab = discarge tab 1amp mains charger to tab = discarge tab Turn off tab and use 1 amp charger = 16 hours to charge THEN Use a 2 amp mains charger or the original Samsung charger = 3 or 4 hours to charge. When it is charged, I get about 3 days out of the tablet. Seems that the Galaxy needs a 2 amp charge rate to begin charging. But I do love this tablet :-)

#86 NukeJockey

NukeJockey

Learner

• Hero
  • 23,615 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:39 PM

After having my tablet for over a month now, I have a problem with charging it up.

Computer usb to tab = discarge tab
1amp mains charger to tab = discarge tab
Turn off tab and use 1 amp charger = 16 hours to charge
THEN
Use a 2 amp mains charger or the original Samsung charger = 3 or 4 hours to charge.

When it is charged, I get about 3 days out of the tablet.

Seems that the Galaxy needs a 2 amp charge rate to begin charging.
But I do love this tablet

:-)

Its a great tablet, I just wish they would hurry up and release an official 3.2 updated for Australia.

I wonder if they are working on ICS for the tablet which is why we haven't received a 3.2 update when I think the rest of the world has (or at least America and some of Europe).
My Rig: ASUS P67 Sabretooth | i5 2500k w/ Corsair H80 | 8gb G.Skill Ripjaw-X 1866mhz | Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X| NZXT Phantom | Corsair HX850

#87 Moph

Moph

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 375 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:29 PM

Computer usb to tab = discarge tab
1amp mains charger to tab = discarge tab
Turn off tab and use 1 amp charger = 16 hours to charge
THEN
Use a 2 amp mains charger or the original Samsung charger = 3 or 4 hours to charge.

That's not atypical of any kind of device these days. My Samsung Galaxy S2 will gradually discharge on either the car charger or computer USB charger when using GPS or wireless AP. Only the mains USB charger will supply enough power for GPS / wireless AP plus top up the battery.
[ P182 Black | Q6600 | 9800 GTX | 4GB TwinX | 2 x WD 640GB | 2 x Seagate 1.5TB | 1 x WD 2TB | Pioneer 215 | Asus Lightscribe | Zalman HP850 | TRUE | 5 x Scythe S-Flex | Dell 30" | Logitech diNovo / G7 / Extreme 3D Pro / Z5500 / Headset / QuickCam Pro | Panasonic Lumix LX3 | Metz AF58 Flash | No Money ]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users