9556 replies to this topic

#9341 Sir_Substance

Sir_Substance

Guru

• Atomican
  • 15,776 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 08:40 PM

trezorconfirm.jpg

Arrived a few days ago, it's quite a nice little object and the web UI for it is pretty great.

Counts as a purchase, although it hasn't arrived yet:

Picheta-Nim-HI.png

I've totally drunk the nim coolaid. It's not quite at the point where I can use it at work, but I have high hopes for it as a compiled python or a more friendly go.

Kablez- You can only beat a brick wall with so many sticks until... you wasted all your time collecting and breaking sticks against a wall... Tantryl- Knowledge is the new power, but will never provide a stable baseload as cost effective as burning puppies. mm80x: I allege that Sir substance must be from the internet

#9342 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 35,748 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 09:01 PM

So, Trezor is bitcoin wallet?

And to be used for purchase of...

_96549273_ecstasy_pa.jpg

#9343 Sir_Substance

Sir_Substance

Guru

• Atomican
  • 15,776 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:44 AM

Actually, thus far I've mostly used my bitcoins for buying games on steam, it's had native support for a year or two now.

Kablez- You can only beat a brick wall with so many sticks until... you wasted all your time collecting and breaking sticks against a wall... Tantryl- Knowledge is the new power, but will never provide a stable baseload as cost effective as burning puppies. mm80x: I allege that Sir substance must be from the internet

#9344 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,899 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:07 AM

That better be a good battery omg

“We’re not going to stop the wheel. I’m going to break the wheel.” - Daenerys Targaryen

"We have some of the most beautiful hookers in the world" - Putin to Trump

#9345 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 35,748 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:54 PM

Yet another Macbook Pro.  Good and cheap too.  No HDD but AFAIK everything else should be fine.

The better news is it's a mid 2012 with 2.9 GHz Ivy Bridge i7 which makes it the highest spec working MBP in my possession.

So my thought is to move the SSD from my other one to it and use that.  Leaving me with a bit of work to do on a couple and 3 MBPs and an older Macbook to sell.

On the way home, thought I'd drop into the Salvo store and see if I could grab another laptop bag.  Got an OK looking Asus one for 5 bucks.

They had a wireless reversing camera for 5 bucks as well. Not that I really want one but thinking I could use it as a monitoring camera somewhere.

#9346 Outcast_Aussie

Outcast_Aussie

Overlord

• Hero
  • 3,853 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:41 PM

That better be a good battery omg

It'd better not need sending back either !!

#9347 Mordenakhnen

Mordenakhnen

Charge

• Atomican
  • 373 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:32 PM

Got some rear disc and pads for my '88 Pintara and had them fitted last week, and just received an Asrock X370 Fatal1ty Gaming ITX I ordered from PC Casegear on Tuesday.

I'm looking forward to finally getting rid of the Silverstone FT02S case I currently have and returning to the Fractal Design Node 304 I was using with my last mini-ITX board which died early this year (second mobo death AFAICR over the years both being Gigabyte). I wish they'd released mini-ITX Ryzen boards straight away, I wouldn't now potentially have a perfectly good ATX board lying around (haven't completed the rebuild yet, m.2 placement may very well stymie things, no cutout under the mobo in the Node 304).

People worry that computers will get too smart and take over the world, but the real problem is that they’re too stupid and they already have.

- computer scientist Pedro Domingo.

#9348 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 18,336 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:18 PM

Got some rear disc and pads [and] an Asrock X370 Fatal1ty Gaming ITX 

Now there's a man who takes his racing sims seriously!

"Reality does not care what you think." - Dr Richard Feynman
"There is no "I" in team." - "True.  I will not be found in any team."

#9349 JediKnight

JediKnight

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 08:16 PM

Just some extras for my System .

7V132iG.jpg

Edited by JediKnight, 23 October 2017 - 07:27 AM.

It's time for spice, and the lucky spice is ... paprika!!! ... "Oh thank you, thank you, thank you! You've made me the happiest spice in the world!"

#9350 Mordenakhnen

Mordenakhnen

Charge

• Atomican
  • 373 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 06:54 PM

Just got myself a black Jonsbo RM3 Micro-ATX case from PLE Computers.

http://www.jonsbo.co...ducts_32_2.html

I'm going to have to get a PSU with better (and somewhat shorter) cables. Some aspects of how things currently are, particularly the SATA power leads, make getting the back glass plate on without undue pressure on the HDDs and without bowing the glass somewhat difficult.

Edited by Mordenakhnen, 21 September 2017 - 06:58 PM.

People worry that computers will get too smart and take over the world, but the real problem is that they’re too stupid and they already have.

- computer scientist Pedro Domingo.

#9351 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 18,336 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:27 PM

No idea why Atomic has banned jpegs from being displayed...

It hasn't. That Flikr URL is not recognised as being an image, that's all. Use the little photograph button in the edit box toolbar to link it manually. (should be just under the font colour selector.

"Reality does not care what you think." - Dr Richard Feynman
"There is no "I" in team." - "True.  I will not be found in any team."

#9352 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 20,551 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:21 PM

Yet another Macbook Pro.  Good and cheap too.  No HDD but AFAIK everything else should be fine.

The better news is it's a mid 2012 with 2.9 GHz Ivy Bridge i7 which makes it the highest spec working MBP in my possession.

So my thought is to move the SSD from my other one to it and use that.  Leaving me with a bit of work to do on a couple and 3 MBPs and an older Macbook to sell.

On the way home, thought I'd drop into the Salvo store and see if I could grab another laptop bag.  Got an OK looking Asus one for 5 bucks.

They had a wireless reversing camera for 5 bucks as well. Not that I really want one but thinking I could use it as a monitoring camera somewhere.

Sounds like time to buy some FireCuda's :D

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#9353 i_am_banned2

i_am_banned2

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 07:00 PM

Finally, the Extended Edition is released... everywhere but here in Australia. So I ordered the UK release of this great film through Fishpond - just have to wait a few weeks for it to arrive now.

cKwB4PR.jpg?1

Edited by i_am_banned2, 29 September 2017 - 07:01 PM.

#9354 stadl

stadl

Guru

• Super Hero
  • 9,056 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 09:03 AM

SNES Mini for some old time gaming.

Never owned an original NES/SNES, so they are all new games to me :)

A device so simple that it took a mind as brilliant as mine to create it! So brilliant, in fact, that simply by harnessing the power of one live frog, it... it... uhh... <poke> <poke> ... World domination has encountered a momentary setback. Talk amongst yourselves.

#9355 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,899 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 12:30 PM

Death star key ring ...

“We’re not going to stop the wheel. I’m going to break the wheel.” - Daenerys Targaryen

#9356 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 35,748 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 05:48 PM

V8 Supercars 3 for the PS2.

Only thing is, I don't have a PS2.  Going to check out how the modern day emulation fares, whether I buy a real machine... NFI.  Got an excess of hardware at the mo, need to sell off some stuff first.

#9357 moofactory

moofactory

Champion

• Atomican
  • 7,453 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 05:17 PM

Vintage graflex flash.
(Yes... Lightsaber og)

#9358 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,899 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 05:23 PM

Just some extras for my System .

7V132iG.jpg

Sweet, I'm using a G300s right now (for work LOL)

#9359 scruffy1

scruffy1

Champion

• Hero
  • 5,624 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:12 PM

my first foray into fpv  :)

that's a silverised h8s-3d  (basically a toy that i've flashed to dual / acro mode) and a dinky akk bs2 camera, plus floureon f640 goggles - looks like star trek was their designer's inspiration

not good enough to fly in acro mode yet, but i'm practising.... binds to the multimodule in my taranis, so i can drive it using a fully pimped high end transmitter

a10496226-21-DSC00026.JPG

a10498674-85-DSC00023net.jpg

ummmmmmmmmmm............

#9360 aliali

aliali

Titan

• Super Hero
  • 24,477 posts

Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:17 PM

my first foray into fpv  :)

that's a silverised h8s-3d  (basically a toy that i've flashed to dual / acro mode) and a dinky akk bs2 camera, plus floureon f640 goggles - looks like star trek was their designer's inspiration

not good enough to fly in acro mode yet, but i'm practising.... binds to the multimodule in my taranis, so i can drive it using a fully pimped high end transmitter

Neat little gadget.

For me, had yet another Asrock Z87 extreme4 die so a couple of weeks ago got

Asus Prime X370-PRO AM4

AMD Ryzen R7 1700

Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4

Crucial MX300 525GB M.2 (2280) (M.2 SSD)

Used my old case, PSU, storage drives and RX 370 GFX.

Yesterday ordered an Nvidia GTX 1060 6Gb card as the RX 370 2Gb was really struggling with the new Call of Duty WWII. Just not enough VRAM on it.

So there goes all my savings, hopefully won't have to upgrade or replace anything for a while.

Of course you are my bright little star,

I've miles and miles of files pretty files of your forefather's fruit,

and now to suit our great computer. You're magnetic ink.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users