#9381 SpudMuffin

SpudMuffin

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,222 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:19 PM

Pretty much one of these...

kogan-smart-tv-2012-04-450x285.jpg

I've got one of those in black. It's awesome for the HTPC!

GA-Z170MX Gaming 5 | i7 6700K at 4.4Ghz under a Noctua NH-D15 | G.Skill RipJaws 2x8GB | Gigabyte G1 980Ti | 240GB Kingston HyperX Fury SSD x2 RAID0 for Windows, QNAP TS-412 for everything else

#9382 aliali

aliali

Titan

• Super Hero
  • 24,455 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:54 AM

The main use of them is HTPC or surfing on the TV.

Is what I use mine for. I have a blue Rii i8+ with backlit keyboard

http://www.riitek.com/product/i8x.html

https://images-na.ss...QhL._SY355_.jpg

Not a bad little bit of kit.

Of course you are my bright little star,

I've miles and miles of files pretty files of your forefather's fruit,

and now to suit our great computer. You're magnetic ink.

#9383 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,714 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:03 AM

0.005 BTC (it's kinda hard to take images of Crypto LOL)

“We’re not going to stop the wheel. I’m going to break the wheel.” - Daenerys Targaryen

"We have some of the most beautiful hookers in the world" - Putin to Trump

#9384 JediKnight

JediKnight

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:41 PM

Just ordered this Movie Prop number plate online as part of a my Lady's birthday gift. I also have the 1/24 Scale DeLorean Time Machine on it's way as well. Only need to buy a card, and put a bag of Allen's Snakes in the package and it will be complete. She'll be right chuffed when this lot lands on her doorstep. She's a big fan of this car.

mqWM1ZW.jpg

HaY7Ihx.jpg

Edited by JediKnight, 13 January 2018 - 11:47 PM.

It's time for spice, and the lucky spice is ... paprika!!! ... "Oh thank you, thank you, thank you! You've made me the happiest spice in the world!"

#9385 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 35,544 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:58 PM

$1.69 for an 8 colour ballpoint pen from Aldi aint bad.

Got it in the fairly obvious shark "Cronulla ripoff theme".  Problem is though, it's scented ink (aimed at kids).

Smells like cheap trough candy.

#9386 eveln

eveln

Titan

• Atomican
  • 16,758 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:30 PM

$1.69 for an 8 colour ballpoint pen from Aldi aint bad.

Got it in the fairly obvious shark "Cronulla ripoff theme".  Problem is though, it's scented ink (aimed at kids).

Smells like cheap trough candy.

Crikey ! Throw that shit out ! lol

Laugh to Live . Live to Laugh.

atomic has π

#9387 JediKnight

JediKnight

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 07:13 PM

Just some stuff I ordered online and it all arrived today! Pretty schweeeeet!

DeLorean DMC-12 BTTF 1/24 Scale model (Mr. Fusion version).
Cooler Master Devastator 3 Keyboard/Mouse Combo
Logitech Z213 Speaker/Subwoofer Set
ASUS DVD-RW Internal Drive 
Lodge Cast Iron Frypan (my first ever cast iron purchase)
Soffritto Pizza Crisper Tray x 2 (the other one is in the oven as I type this) ..

All in all, a good day ... 

9U9b8pE.jpg

OwcsXXA.jpg

IFTYvNB.jpg

Edited by JediKnight, 05 February 2018 - 07:13 PM.

It's time for spice, and the lucky spice is ... paprika!!! ... "Oh thank you, thank you, thank you! You've made me the happiest spice in the world!"

#9388 scruffy1

scruffy1

Champion

• Hero
  • 5,574 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 07:29 PM

cast iron pans are epic - and even moreso with induction cook tops

my favourite was more recent, and has a screw in wooden tipped handle (so you can comfortably and relatively easily  get it in and out of the oven to grill the top on frittata ), but its two older siblings must date to the mid 1970's when mum got them new, and they have only improved with the passage of years

the little one looks like yours; the bigger two don't have a pouring bit on the edges

make sure you season it properly, and try to always leave it oiled - once broken in, they make non-stick look like a temporary gimmick

Edited by scruffy1, 05 February 2018 - 07:30 PM.

ummmmmmmmmmm............

#9389 JediKnight

JediKnight

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 07:46 PM

cast iron pans are epic - and even moreso with induction cook tops

make sure you season it properly, and try to always leave it oiled - once broken in, they make non-stick look like a temporary gimmick

Yep, that's what I have been reading on the net and seen on youtube vids. I was sick of buying cheap ass pans for a tenner, and they would just warp in the centre (usually upwards) and it's hard to cook eggs on a curved surface. And they do last for ages, as you said. So I will be looking after this one. Bloody heavy though, and this one is only 23cm !! But for $59, it will outlast 50 of the $10 frypans.

Luckily, one of the videos on seasoning uses a Lodge frypan so that's helpful. Looking forward to cooking my first poached eggs on a flat surface tomorrow ... 

Edited by JediKnight, 05 February 2018 - 07:46 PM.

#9390 eveln

eveln

Titan

• Atomican
  • 16,758 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 08:07 PM

hope you're cooking on gas with the cast iron, they take a bit to heat up, and when they do they bloody hold it ( heat ) forever :P << heads-up with the eggs

Laugh to Live . Live to Laugh.

atomic has π

#9391 scruffy1

scruffy1

Champion

• Hero
  • 5,574 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 09:26 PM

Yep, that's what I have been reading on the net and seen on youtube vids. I was sick of buying cheap ass pans for a tenner, and they would just warp in the centre (usually upwards) and it's hard to cook eggs on a curved surface. And they do last for ages, as you said. So I will be looking after this one. Bloody heavy though, and this one is only 23cm !! But for $59, it will outlast 50 of the $10 frypans.

aldi sell them for camping, and they work just as well i would think - cast iron isn't bleeding edge tech, and aldi ones are way cheap

the removable wooden handle is worth it if you find one

and gas is good, but induction is truly amazing - it is very simple to select the perfect temperature as a number from 1 - 10, including the opportunity to choose anything and a half :)

perfect pancakes ? boost for a few seconds > dial 7 for the first one till it bubbles > 5 for it when you flip it, and the rest can follow without any more adjusting

clean it - if it's a bit dirty, add water and boost to boil, add a drip of detergent and drop to 8, or it will foam over in no time; cool off, rinse and then add a drop of olive oil, rub it around with a paper towel and you're done

yep, the weight is a minor inconvenience (the other half doesn't like them because she struggles to lift it when it's full of food)

ummmmmmmmmmm............

#9392 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 35,544 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:47 PM

Picked up a couple of old titles - Crysis Maximum Edition and Crysis 2.  Good to have genuine copies of the classics - though I've got 2 copies of Half Life 2 which won't install because of online activation.

#9393 mickf

mickf

Learner

• Quark
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:07 PM

If you have Steam or Origin it will install if you have the rego numbers for activation,no cost to join either.

Just a thought.

When someone says have a great day I know they don't mean it but when they say fuck off I know they do

#9394 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 35,544 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:13 PM

Cheers, will have to give that a shot (not on Steam ATM and never really used it).

Latest here... out for a data recovery job this arvo and haul everything but the kitchen sink 11 floors up the elevator only to discover I'd not brought a certain SATA to smaller form factor adaptor (left it in my kitchen as it happens).

But turns out the required one is mSATA, and the one I'd bought on eBay last year is NGFF.

So couple of phone calls and a visit to a shop, no good.  Thinking it's not going to be a good day, not on the MSY parts list and they're not answering the phone as usual.

Did a car trip out to MSY Fyshwick expecting it to be a total waste but $25 later and I have not only a SATA to MSATA and NGFF adaptor board but also a nice little USB to SATA cable which can run bare 2.5" drives.

While out there thought fuckit, and visited JB HiFi and picked up ACDC - Live at River Plate on BR and the 5 CD pack from The Angels "Classic Album Collection".  About 30 bucks each for those.

Edited by Rybags, 07 February 2018 - 06:14 PM.

#9395 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 35,544 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:32 AM

Seems that movies on physical media are almost worthless these days.

From a chain-store game/movie reseller, BR of Terminator 3 and Star Trek 2 for $3.50+$4.00

#9396 JediKnight

JediKnight

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 01:06 PM

Just a Logitech C170 Webcam so I can skype with my Lady in Perth.

$29. It'll do the job.

Edited by JediKnight, 13 February 2018 - 01:07 PM.

#9397 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 35,544 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:24 PM

Resisted the idea for a long time but picked up a 19" LCD TV with built in DVD player and USB/SD for $20 from a Salvo store.

Of course only handles Divx but the plan is to just mount it then use it for HDMI out from the Android tablet for doing stuff over wifi - normally I catch up with YT and other short videos before going to sleep.

Doesn't have the stand/mount so have to get one or make up a mounting bracket.

#9398 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,714 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:35 PM

Bargain at that price omg

“We’re not going to stop the wheel. I’m going to break the wheel.” - Daenerys Targaryen

"We have some of the most beautiful hookers in the world" - Putin to Trump

#9399 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 35,544 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:36 PM

Yeah... I was going to settle with just using a surplus monitor as I've got a 17, 2x18 and a 22 that do nothing most of the time but none of them will consistently play well with a settop box over HDMI + adaptor, of course in 60 Hz output and trying all resolutions.  Turns out the only stable option was using a HDMI to DE15 adaptor which doesn't generate the greatest picture and gives poor sound level as it's unpowered.

#9400 RenascentMisanthropy

RenascentMisanthropy

Guru

• Atomican
  • 9,710 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 03:06 PM

hammer.png

Edited by RenascentMisanthropy, 22 February 2018 - 03:07 PM.

MY CURRENT SIGNATURE

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 1 anonymous users