Photo

Bringing back [AC-DC] for Battlefield 3?

• Please log in to reply
678 replies to this topic

#1 GhostFaceKilla

GhostFaceKilla

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:19 AM

Ok. [AC-DC] is/was a semi 'official' clan solely for registered Atomic forum users, with a focus on a strong pub server prescence and scrimming. It has competed in things such as the GameArena ladder as well. It is above all a social clan that was supportive in assisting members to have fun online.

It was originally established back in the days of Battlefield 1942 and the Desert Combat Mod - Hence - Atomic Clan - Desert Combat ( AC-DC ). Yes some of us like the band acdc. And no most of us are not swinging bisexuals (though I cant speak for all past members . . . ). We did have a culture of respect and an absolute zero tolerance policy on fuktard and generallly un sportmanlike behaviour. There is a zero tolerance policy on all cheating/hacking. We frown severly on blatant clitching and exploiting especially (such as the famous ability to be able to get inside the walls of some building in BF2 and kill everyone with out being killed). Do something of that magnitude this you will be named and shamed and kicked. However we do recognise that some glitches and exploits are in the game - and they are not exploits as such - they are are just those special bits of the map that you find that may give you a very slight advantage (usually against noobier players). Thats battlefield for you. And we understand that its ok to go into an empty server occasionaly and muck about trying out new weapons and so forth. There is no bot mode in BF3 allowing you to practice before going online.

IF you would like to get involved please post indicating what you think your level of committment would be. Are you interested in doing forum admin/moderating? Are you interested in tactics? Do you think you could be a clan Officer or an official sqaud leader and so forth? Do you have any ideas on what you would like to see in the website? Also maybe note what type of class/kit you like to play. Are you a good armour user? can you fly?

Please note as well - do not send any emails to me - it is never checked. You can PM me.

Update: there is now a dedicated Atomic Defence Corps Platoon in BF3 that has been established. ----- http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/#!...55240999108777/

It would be a good idea in your BF3 profile page to also note your Atomic forum tag as well just to make things a little easier to identify people. Make sure you send out friend requests to the people in the Platoon!

_____

The four most basic and essential criteria to wear the [AC-DC] tags are:

1. Be a registered member of the Atomic Forums.
2. Post in this thread that you want to be involved.
3. Dont be a dickhead when wearing the tags (you will be removed from the roll call).
4. Say nice things about Atomic when you can.

MEMBER LIST - Roll Call

Last Updated 02/03/12

PLEASE - if you can please post updating your Battlefield 3 GAME name so I can add it to this list and make tracking much easier.

Atomic forum ID ---------------------------------- BF3 name

GhostFaceKilla --------------------------------------- Neat_au --------------------------------(leader)
PointZeroOne ---------------------------------------- PointZeroOne
neX --------------------------------------------------- rezyn8
jdog -------------------------------------------------- jimba86
sora3
nukejockey ------------------------------------------ NukeJockey
Mills -------------------------------------------------- MillsB0mb
Dan_2
val0r0x
Jedi_Vader20 -------------------------------------- Jedi_Vader20 ---------------------------(leader)
themojorising ------------------------------------- themojorising
AIMBOT
TinBane -------------------------------------------- TinBane
bushi ----------------------------------------------- squattter
battlefield_gir ------------------------------------- battlefield_GIR
tuner ---------------------------------------------- tuner36
Kommando --------------------------------------- rhesusfactor ----------------------------(leader)
gtdane
half kill
auditri
Brock --------------------------------------------- moistau
brissmas ----------------------------------------- Brissmas
Fragasaurus
the_vege
corky -------------------------------------------- Corkdawg --------------------------------(leader) ------(Ventrillo admin)
Mr.Twinkie -------------------------------------- Twinkle_Me ------------------------------(leader)
itt
alexdtree ---------------------------------------- 31aze
martyr
st8smn ------------------------------------------ st8smn350
dishd
Sparky
wingnut0021
SlurmsMackenzie ------------------------------ PartyWorm
erocolypse now
Deadmeat_Dan
Rion -------------------------------------------- Rickenbracker
Acintai ----------------------------------------- Acintai
saluy
megatimes12
Greymist
Dapper_Dan ------------------------------------ DapperDan77
Director ----------------------------------------- SgtScratchy
YPE ---------------------------------------------- dysordex
Michael100 -------------------------------------- TheGoLarge
Oracle X ----------------------------------------- Oracleex7
Go Faster ---------------------------------------- BlitzKraig_au
stynomite ---------------------------------------- MrTuffa
p0is(+)n ----------------------------------------- ex4n
Bala_Matt ---------------------------------------- BalaMatt
Morgoth ------------------------------------------ BicyclePolice
sillysam ------------------------------------------ Sillysam9413
freck --------------------------------------------- NobbyzNutz
sbot ---------------------------------------------- sBot1101
Cold E@rth -------------------------------------- Cold_Earth
Jack Genders ------------------------------------ GENDERS ----------------------------(leader)
crowaust ----------------------------------------- Crowaust
17 ------------------------------------------------ SeventeenV --------------------------(leader)
Lavalamp ---------------------------------------- TheExpandingMan
N3M3SIS ---------------------------------------- doctorcain
cleadge ------------------------------------------ Cleadge
Spookywanluke --------------------------------- Spookywanluke
SoaS --------------------------------------------- Chippies
bastion308 -------------------------------------- Bastion308
G-relk ------------------------------------------- G-relk
fleshpiston -------------------------------------- fleshpiston
gunny ------------------------------------------- kiwi_gunny
ticmasta1234 ----------------------------------- ticmasta1234
katalyst ----------------------------------------- XKatalystX
martyr ------------------------------------------ Penguan
icspy -------------------------------------------- heavyman65

If you are not on this list then post that you want to be.

If I have forgotten you then please send me a PM ;-)

If you a NEW to Atomic please feel free to get involved! Its a great chance for you to hang out and be social and get to promote a community you are part of. You are welcome! And you get to wear cool tags [ACDC]. Note the 100% zero tolernace policy on any form of hacking/cheating :-)

Have you got ideas for a new logo/design? Then feel free to start desiging something and posting it up for discussion!!

Edited by GhostFaceKilla, 02 March 2012 - 07:33 PM.

#2 PointZeroOne

PointZeroOne

Crash Test Dummy

• Atomican
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:42 AM

I'd be up for joining in on this clan. More socially though than competitive I'm better at following orders than giving them. I generally go Sniper or Medic and I can fly the planes/helis good

AzpUvwG.png - @PointZeroOne
PSN - PointZeroOne-AI
icon_steam.gif - PointZeroOne

uplay - PointZeroOne-AI

#3 Reb1rth.

Reb1rth.

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 11:47 AM

I'm still going to roll with my h.IV+ tag, 'cause it's what I do... but if you guys get an [AC-DC] pub server at all, I'll come play with you dudes if it's reasonably populated. I'm generally an all-rounder when it comes to classes... though I think Assault got the most attention on BF2 (just over spec-ops, medic and sniper), and Engineer on BC2... though I use a bit of everything depending on what my squad needs. I was a pretty damn good chopper pilot in BF2, but BC2 was shit... the chopper felt horrible in comparison. Actually most BC2 vehicles felt bad compared to BF2. Not really a big fan of armor, I prefer hammering around in buggies and cruising as infantry. It's more dangerous, but I find it more interesting. I'm dying for BF3, I can't wait to see some multiplayer footage.
PC: h.IV+[Ezkaton] PS3: SupervillainX

#4 neX

neX

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:02 PM

Tank Commander rezyn8 reporting in

I would be happy to help out once again in the officers mess.

Might be able to fire up the old website again as well.

I wonder if I still have admin rights ont he forums...

Seems I don't. And I don't know if IvanTheTerrible is still contactable...

I could re-launch it all at acdc.siliconsports.net (forums/website/clan stats etc) if people are interested in that?

Edited by neX, 01 March 2011 - 05:38 PM.

Silicon Sports | eSports Events & Tournaments | siliconsports.net | @siliconsports | facebook.com/siliconsports | twitch.tv/siliconsports

#5 jdog

jdog

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 3,705 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:02 PM

im in! im happy to join and be part of this! if BF3 is tried to your EA account (which it most likey will be) then my name would be "jimba86"

Atomic's wannabe LN2 Junkie
Project "Giga-bench"- Complete: bit.ly/1erdgs9
Main Rig: GA-X58A-UD7(v2)|i7 950|12gb Corsair XMS3 1600mhz|3x5870 1GB|Coolermaster HAF X |1TB WD Black HDD||Pionner DVDRW|Corsair HX850w|Logitech X530|3xDell U2711|Logitech G500|Logitech G510|HD 280 Pro Steam Name:jim_jam333/jimba86 Xbox 360 S 250GB + Kinect owner

#6 GhostFaceKilla

GhostFaceKilla

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:12 PM

Tank Commander rezyn8 reporting in

I would be happy to help out once again in the officers mess.

Might be able to fire up the old website again as well.

Seems I don't. And I don't know if IvanTheTerrible is still contactable...

I could re-launch it all at acdc.siliconsports.net (forums/website/clan stats etc) if people are interested in that?

Cheers Rez. Yeah I logged in as a user but didnt try any admin tools out or anything. And you were one of the captains by the end as well so you would of course be doing that.

But yeah have a look at what is there. Im afraid im not up to date with the logistics of setting up the website but will look into this over the next few days (have a hell of a fortnight coming up). Hold off on the relaunch until some more get interested and we get a core group. If enough do to actually make it viable then we can relaunch and then start building it up with info and stuff so that we are ready to go. And it may also mean that more may get involved. I would hate you to waste your time.

But cheers for that. Always good to have someone on your side who knows how to use the armour :-)

I'd be up for joining in on this clan. More socially though than competitive

I'm better at following orders than giving them.

I generally go Sniper or Medic and I can fly the planes/helis good

The social side is going to be important - It is always good to be able sqaud up in pubs with people you know and I think that this will be an important part of AC-DC as always.

Dont be afriad to suggest things that you may like in a future website. Though their will neccessarily be people who take on different roles ultimatley it would be a group site and as much imnput from all members would be important. Its important that all would feel they have some ownership.

But yeah its always good to have people in sqauds who are happy to follow 'orders'. that in istelf makes for a dynamic experience itself.

I'm still going to roll with my h.IV+ tag, 'cause it's what I do... but if you guys get an [AC-DC] pub server at all, I'll come play with you dudes if it's reasonably populated.
I'm generally an all-rounder when it comes to classes... though I think Assault got the most attention on BF2 (just over spec-ops, medic and sniper), and Engineer on BC2... though I use a bit of everything depending on what my squad needs.
I was a pretty damn good chopper pilot in BF2, but BC2 was shit... the chopper felt horrible in comparison. Actually most BC2 vehicles felt bad compared to BF2.

Not really a big fan of armor, I prefer hammering around in buggies and cruising as infantry. It's more dangerous, but I find it more interesting.

I'm dying for BF3, I can't wait to see some multiplayer footage.

Had some good rounds with you in BF2 :-) No idea about a pub server yet as we have bugger all info about that. It may well be viable. Its not that expensive generally. And I would also suggest that despite being in another clan, members of Atomic generally would always be welcome and there maybe even oppurtunities for general Atomic members to be admins on it to help ensure that the server is monitored at all times. In fact this maybe something worth looking at with the team at Atomic MPC itself but its early days yet. Im would advocate for some flexibility.

#7 neX

neX

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:16 PM

I feel like firing up BF2 again
Silicon Sports | eSports Events & Tournaments | siliconsports.net | @siliconsports | facebook.com/siliconsports | twitch.tv/siliconsports

#8 GhostFaceKilla

GhostFaceKilla

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:03 PM

I feel like firing up BF2 again

Lol I know!!

I dont have the disks anymore. Maybe ill pay Steam a visit

#9 sora3

sora3

Guru

• Atomican
  • 13,900 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:28 PM

It's been a long time since I used [AC-DC] since 2003? I tend to be back up medic/ suicidal scout and with a mic, it'll be easier. However, I'm more into TF2 than BF now. But if you need the numbers, then I might play.

Main Rig: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.9GHz/Asus X370 Prime/Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB @ 2667(!)/Sapphire RX Vega 64/WD Green M2 240GB/Bitfenix Shinobi/Noctua NH-D14/Corsair HX-750

Camera rig: Sony Alpha a77/Sony DT 16-50mm f2.8 SSM/Sony DT 16-105mm f3.5-5.6/Tammy 70-200mm f2.8/Sony DT 50mm f1.8/Sony HVL F42AM Flash

#10 NukeJockey

NukeJockey

Titan

• Hero
  • 23,625 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:41 PM

Count me interested. As I said in the other thread, I have a fair bit of experience with server moderation and forum moderation for some other clans and gaming companies I did some stuff for, so I'm happy to help out with forums/site/server if you need it. Also interested in putting money towards an AC-DC clan server if you decide to go that route. Otherwise I may just play with h.IV+ tags with reb1rth.
My Rig: ASUS P67 Sabretooth | i5 2500k w/ Corsair H80 | 8gb G.Skill Ripjaw-X 1866mhz | Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X| NZXT Phantom | Corsair HX850

#11 GhostFaceKilla

GhostFaceKilla

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:45 PM

Count me interested.

As I said in the other thread, I have a fair bit of experience with server moderation and forum moderation for some other clans and gaming companies I did some stuff for, so I'm happy to help out with forums/site/server if you need it. Also interested in putting money towards an AC-DC clan server if you decide to go that route. Otherwise I may just play with h.IV+ tags with reb1rth.

Thanks nukejockey. I saw that. Appreciated.

BTW who the hell decied to call a clan HIV+ or am I missing something?

It's been a long time since I used [AC-DC] since 2003? I tend to be back up medic/ suicidal scout and with a mic, it'll be easier. However, I'm more into TF2 than BF now. But if you need the numbers, then I might play.

Lol sora3 your still alive! i thought you were MIA.

#12 mudg3

mudg3

Guru

• Atomican
  • 9,053 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:12 PM

I'm keen to pub with you guys. But I will be scrimming in comps so I wont be tagging up unless you think you can win GA's 8v8 or the CGL ladder :P
3930K ||Corsair H110 || ASUS Rampage IV ||16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3@1877mhz||ATI 7970||250gb Samsung 840||2x4tb||DELL2711||Corsair 650D|| ASUS Essence STX ||Audio Engine A2's||Aiaiai:TMA-1||Enermax 1050w|| Atomics resident filth

#13 NukeJockey

NukeJockey

Titan

• Hero
  • 23,625 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:40 PM

Count me interested.

As I said in the other thread, I have a fair bit of experience with server moderation and forum moderation for some other clans and gaming companies I did some stuff for, so I'm happy to help out with forums/site/server if you need it. Also interested in putting money towards an AC-DC clan server if you decide to go that route. Otherwise I may just play with h.IV+ tags with reb1rth.

Thanks nukejockey. I saw that. Appreciated.

Not me, I started playing with reb1rth and his mates long after they started with that tag lol
My Rig: ASUS P67 Sabretooth | i5 2500k w/ Corsair H80 | 8gb G.Skill Ripjaw-X 1866mhz | Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X| NZXT Phantom | Corsair HX850

#14 Mills

Mills

Champion

• Hero
  • 4,653 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:16 PM

ohh could be interested.

I see NU-ZING, I hear NU-ZING and above all I know NU-ZING

Kablez "Abbott is so self involved in his 'action' that it sounds like he's answering questions no one's cared to ask."

#15 aliali

aliali

Titan

• Super Hero
  • 24,477 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:37 PM

Fixt.
:-)
Admin needs cleaning up too as there seems to be quite a few with admin permissions.
So if you get the clan going again might be worth removing all non-members (including me) from the admins list.
Current admins are me, Ghosty, nex, Ivan, Aioth, Mills,

Edited by aliali, 27 February 2011 - 10:47 PM.

Of course you are my bright little star,

I've miles and miles of files pretty files of your forefather's fruit,

and now to suit our great computer. You're magnetic ink.

#16 Reb1rth.

Reb1rth.

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:33 AM

That was me. I wanted to do something different with clan names/tags. I got tired of seeing the same old shit, totally lacking any creativity... just the same old AUSSIE INFANTRY, DUDES AT WAR, yawn-inducing stuff that so many people come up with...

So I made a 'fun' clan for myself and friends back when we were CoD4 regulars so people recognized us more easily as regulars on the servers we played on. Made us easier to spot, rather than having a completely forgettable name.

So I called it "Viremia" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viremia - with the h.IV+ tag, which I took from this amazing album: http://1.bp.blogspot...9d7a2883c79.jpg
I like it. :P

Anyway, are you guys planning to get an AC-DC server, or just pub bash on everyone else's servers?
PC: h.IV+[Ezkaton] PS3: SupervillainX

#17 fredzfrog

fredzfrog

Guru

• Hero
  • 12,599 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:42 AM

If my current clan decides to not pursue bf3, i'll join ya's.. unlikely tho. they've run bf2 and bc2 servers. homefront seems to be their next game of choice, so you guys may be unlucky enough to get me :P
Increases your chance of love by 75.3%

#18 Dan_2

Dan_2

Master

• Atomican
  • 711 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 01:31 PM

Count me interested...
Gaming :Gigbyte GA-H87N-WIFI mobo|Flux Capacitor req 88Mph @ 1.21GW | 8GB Corsair Vengence | 1 x 3gb HIS 7950 in | Creative X-Fi USB | Corsair 750W PSU | Bitfenix Prodigy Case White | Dell 2709W 27" monitor | Razer Black Widow KB| Razer Tiapan Mouse

#19 viremia

viremia

Master

• Atomican
  • 802 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 04:51 PM

"Hoarse Industrial Viremia". Aww yeah. I'll be sporting the h.IV+ tags with Reb1rth and Nukey. I've also had experience in moderating servers / forums if you need any extra help. We also run our own 10 slot Ventrillo channel for those who are interested. Could always up that to more if need be.
h.IV+[Kymatica]

#20 nesquick

nesquick

Titan

• Atomican
  • 19,783 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:41 PM

I'm keen to pub with you guys. But I will be scrimming in comps so I wont be tagging up unless you think you can win GA's 8v8 or the CGL ladder :P

Always a chance to win with the pubhero in the team :P
STEAM/BC2 name: AllNightmareLong

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users