Photo

Bringing back [AC-DC] for Battlefield 3?

• Please log in to reply
678 replies to this topic

#41 bushi

bushi

Guru

• Atomican
  • 9,748 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:12 PM

I'd be down for sure. Casual - Hell yes. Warring - If I'm available Hell yes. And my old BF2 account has gone missing off the face of the planet. Can't get the Garand in BC2 because of this.
http://bfbc2.statsve...pc/squatter.png i7 875k | Intel DP55KG | 6GB G-Skill Pi | Inno3D GTX580 1GB | 120GB Intel 520 + 1.5TB (+ 1.5TB backup) Seagate | Pioneer BDR-206BK | Auzentech Prelude 7.1 | Hauppauge 2200 PVR | Corsair AX750 | Silverstone FT-02BW

#42 PointZeroOne

PointZeroOne

Crash Test Dummy

• Atomican
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:23 PM

Can't get the Garand in BC2 because of this.

just contact support and tell them whats the go. Thats what I did to get the garand

AzpUvwG.png - @PointZeroOne
PSN - PointZeroOne-AI
icon_steam.gif - PointZeroOne

uplay - PointZeroOne-AI

#43 bushi

bushi

Guru

• Atomican
  • 9,748 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:28 PM

I might just do that cheers. Also, what if I make a new BF2 account? Would that count as veteran?
http://bfbc2.statsve...pc/squatter.png i7 875k | Intel DP55KG | 6GB G-Skill Pi | Inno3D GTX580 1GB | 120GB Intel 520 + 1.5TB (+ 1.5TB backup) Seagate | Pioneer BDR-206BK | Auzentech Prelude 7.1 | Hauppauge 2200 PVR | Corsair AX750 | Silverstone FT-02BW

#44 sillysam

sillysam

Journeyman

• Atomican
  • 206 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:29 PM

i think playing any of those free to play battlefield will also get you veteran
Steam/Origin/GFWL/Uplay/BC2: Sillysam9413 Bitfenix Prodigy ~ i5 3750K ~ Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe ~ 8GB Corsair Vengenance DDR3 ~ Corsair H100 ~ MSI GTX680 Twin Frozr OC ~ Corsair AX750 C'est la vie

#45 PointZeroOne

PointZeroOne

Crash Test Dummy

• Atomican
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:37 PM

You need a cd key that hasn't been used to make a bf2 account. The free to play stuff works but the veteran system is screwed and it didn't register my free to play battlefield games.

PSN - PointZeroOne-AI

uplay - PointZeroOne-AI

#46 bushi

bushi

Guru

• Atomican
  • 9,748 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:40 PM

Fuck me I don't know much time I've wasted trying to fuck around with the EA login systems and the veteran page. It still doesn't work even with Heroes. One day I'll get in contact with support...

#47 aliali

aliali

Titan

• Super Hero
  • 24,454 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 02:30 PM

You need a cd key that hasn't been used to make a bf2 account.

Bullshit. I have 3 accounts on my one BF2 game. You do need a different email address for each account though as the BF2 accounts (and the BC2 accounts) are gamespy accounts (for the stats stuff).
Bushi >
shad0wbush1d0 First Sergeant
http://bf2s.com/player/63295974/ is you.

Of course you are my bright little star,

I've miles and miles of files pretty files of your forefather's fruit,

and now to suit our great computer. You're magnetic ink.

#48 Jedi_Vader20

Jedi_Vader20

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 03:48 PM

Yup, the CD Key only stops two clients with the same key from being logged on at once, regardless of account.

i7 2600k @ 4.5Ghz (TurboBoost ON) | Corsair H100 | ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE | 16 GB Corsair "Vengeance" DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24 | Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 4GB  | 120GB OCZ Vertex III, 2x2TB WD Caviar Green | Pioneer BDR-202 | Corsair HX-650 | Fractal Design Define R5 | Benq V4200W + Acer CB280HK | Logitech G910 Orion Spark | Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum

#49 PointZeroOne

PointZeroOne

Crash Test Dummy

• Atomican
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 03:57 PM

Bullshit. I have 3 accounts on my one BF2 game. You do need a different email address for each account though as the BF2 accounts (and the BC2 accounts) are gamespy accounts (for the stats stuff).

Yeah I tried using the cd key to attach it to my account for veteran status and it told me it was already in use.

Also not remembering what gamespy account was used for it, didn't help me much

PSN - PointZeroOne-AI

uplay - PointZeroOne-AI

#50 bushi

bushi

Guru

• Atomican
  • 9,748 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 05:14 PM

Bushi >
shad0wbush1d0 First Sergeant
http://bf2s.com/player/63295974/ is you.

..It is??

#51 aliali

aliali

Titan

• Super Hero
  • 24,454 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 05:26 PM

Yeah I tried using the cd key to attach it to my account for veteran status and it told me it was already in use.

Also not remembering what gamespy account was used for it, didn't help me much

The EA veteran/accounts/gamespy thing is frankly a damned confused mess.
Ok so to get veteran status you will need an EA account with the same email address as your BF2 or BF2142 player account. If you no longer have access to that email then you will have to log in to EA with that old email address and change your account details. if you cannot remember your password and do not have access to the email address any more then you are totally boned IMO.

For the key in use issue then you need to use the email address and password you used to register the game when you first installed it.
Think I have that right but as I said it is a confusing mess and I managed to luck it out and get it right to get the Garand and vet status.
Pity the game is shit and a waste of money.
Ah just logged in to http://www.battlefieldbadcompany2.com and if I go to the My soldier > veteran section and select BF2 for Vet status it asks me for Gamespy Username and password.
So you would use your BF2 gamespy ID (possibly needs to have the same email address as your EA Account Login). Gamespy email address can be changed once logged in to gamespy at
https://login.gamesp...om/login.aspx?r
If you don't have access to the email used for the gamespy/bf2 account and can't remember the password then again you are boned, although there is an option to contact gamespy support under the forgot password option.

Edited by aliali, 18 March 2011 - 05:34 PM.

Of course you are my bright little star,

I've miles and miles of files pretty files of your forefather's fruit,

and now to suit our great computer. You're magnetic ink.

#52 Jedi_Vader20

Jedi_Vader20

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:52 PM

My brother complained to support about not getting his veteran status applied correctly, so they went and enabled veteran for EVERY BF title. When I complained about my 1942 key not working, they enabled BFV as well!

i7 2600k @ 4.5Ghz (TurboBoost ON) | Corsair H100 | ASUS P8Z68 DELUXE | 16 GB Corsair "Vengeance" DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24 | Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 4GB  | 120GB OCZ Vertex III, 2x2TB WD Caviar Green | Pioneer BDR-202 | Corsair HX-650 | Fractal Design Define R5 | Benq V4200W + Acer CB280HK | Logitech G910 Orion Spark | Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum

#53 freck

freck

Champion

• Atomican
  • 6,515 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 01:54 PM

Would love to be involved in this. Playing BF2 with [AC-DC] were good times, good times indeed, but I'm afraid location and time restraints will exclude me from this. Good luck with the resurrection guys and enjoy... P.S. I guess I could still rejoin the clan and be a solo representative on public Asiapac servers. I usually play on Jap, HK, China, and Taiwan servers...

#54 battlefield_gir

battlefield_gir

Guru

• Atomican
  • 9,460 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:19 PM

Reporting for duty! ( lag may be an issue as i now live in the uk) 5 points to how i got my gaming handle...
Resident Tablet PC enthusiast ( Dell xt2 :3 ) QUOTE Mr a-bomb :Talk to your local police station. (Or the people inside it, depending on your mental state)

#55 neX

neX

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 12:36 AM

Invader Zim?
Silicon Sports | eSports Events & Tournaments | siliconsports.net | @siliconsports | facebook.com/siliconsports | twitch.tv/siliconsports

#56 N3M3SiS

N3M3SiS

Champion

• Atomican
  • 4,278 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:42 PM

Very, very interested here! Havn't clanned since DC days and that was easily the most fun ive had on a PC. Ive got some solid hosting going an bit of experience with website/forum setup so would happily offer this up as a place to host the new/revived AC-DC. Also happy to help out with moderation if required. Massive props to Hawkeye for offering to get some exposure through the mag - fuck yeah!
Only sheep need a shepard. God is dead. steamID: doctorcain

#57 neX

neX

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 2,021 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:18 PM

http://ac-dc.siliconsports.net - looking to transfer over the old content but may just start afresh.

Haven't done much on the theme as I would like input as to what people would like to see on there:

- Squad Roster
- Forums (new, use the old one, or keep our chatter on atomic?)
- Who wants article publishing rights?

What else?
Silicon Sports | eSports Events & Tournaments | siliconsports.net | @siliconsports | facebook.com/siliconsports | twitch.tv/siliconsports

#58 PointZeroOne

PointZeroOne

Crash Test Dummy

• Atomican
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 03:46 PM

If we could get Atomic to back the clan.....we could get our own sub section on here perhaps?

PSN - PointZeroOne-AI

uplay - PointZeroOne-AI

#59 GhostFaceKilla

GhostFaceKilla

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:14 PM

http://ac-dc.siliconsports.net - looking to transfer over the old content but may just start afresh.

Haven't done much on the theme as I would like input as to what people would like to see on there:

- Squad Roster
- Who wants article publishing rights?

What else?

Sorry have been MIA as work and study just got very hectic and I havent been able to concentrate.

Why not just transfer the old content? Its all part of the history.

Also - David Hollingworth has intimated that Atomic may be able to help a little - though nothing has been discussed. Some kind of official recognition would be could and it is a way to promote the magazine and community which is what we did any way with AC-DC tags. Some official branding on the site would be good.

Good to have a seperate site that people actually have to join (Atomic members) - will come in useful for when we want to discuss tactics and so on. But there will of course be crosss posting.

Having said that it could work to just have a sub forum here as well - but it would only work if some of us had admin rights even just for that sub forum just to keep it focused. We would need some independence from the mag.

And nex - whats with the name Atomic Clan - Defence Corps? ACDC stood for Atomic Clan Desert Combat. I know you kinda wanted to change it a while ago :-) Is this going to be the new name now?

I am happy to write up a blurb discussing some of the background to the clan.

it would also be an oppurtunity to state what the clan is about and a few basic rules of what would be expected of a member. I can draft this and have it done by Friday night. Give me the admin details like for the old site and I could do it myself.

And we do need a logo. We could just adapt a current Millitary one. Or a hybrid one with say the Atomic logo.

We will need to start posting a formal sqaud roster.

#60 PointZeroOne

PointZeroOne

Crash Test Dummy

• Atomican
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:18 PM

And nex - whats with the name Atomic Clan - Defence Corps? ACDC stood for Atomic Clan Desert Combat. I know you kinda wanted to change it a while ago :-) Is this going to be the new name now?

And we do need a logo. We could just adapt a current Millitary one. Or a hybrid one with say the Atomic logo.

name sounds good.

Also something using the Atomic logo in it would work well, but I think we'd need the mags or who ever holds copyright to its permission to actually use it.

PSN - PointZeroOne-AI

uplay - PointZeroOne-AI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users