• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Antraman

Antraman

Champion

• Atomican
  • 4,627 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:33 AM

Anyone know how do I change my call divert settings on the iPhone...3Gs with iOS 4.3.1.? - edit: "Conditional Call Forwarding" All I get is Call Forwarding and Call Waiting in Settings->Phone ->Calls. Call Forwarding just allows you to enter a number, which the phone will just divert all calls to. My previous phones, Nokia N95 and even the IDEOS allowed me the following network features: Divert if busy Divert All Calls Divert if not answered Divert if unreachable Cancel all diverts. I am using the same carrier with iPhone as I was with Nokia and IDEOS. These are pretty basic and necessary network features of any phone, and I am surprised that the iPhone doesn't seem to have options to set these... Or is there an app which allows this?

Edited by Antraman, 11 April 2011 - 12:40 AM.

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us...

#2 bowlen

bowlen

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 3,136 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 03:13 PM

Settings > Phone > Call forwarding Am i missing something here? -edit- ah conditional. nah not that i know of

Edited by bowlen, 11 April 2011 - 03:14 PM.

Intel i7 3770k | Corsair 32GB Kit DDR3 | Vengeance C9 1600MHz | Samsung 250gb SSD | WD Caviar Green 3tb | WD Caviar Green 2tb | Seagate Barracuda 4tb | WD Black 2TB | AFOX GeForce GTX660 | TI ASRock Z77 Fatal1ty | Professional LGA1155 ATX | Thermaltake Chaser A31 USB3.0 Black Mid Tower | Samsung 21.5" HD LED x 2 | Corsair AX860 860W 80PLUS

#3 Antraman

Antraman

Champion

• Atomican
  • 4,627 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:56 PM

I've come across a workaround that does exactly what I want, but jeez its clumsy and inconvenient... Add each of the following to your contacts: Name: Divert [here] if busy Numb: **67*0xxxxxxxxx# Name: Divert [here] if unanswered Numb: *61*0xxxxxxxxx# Name: Divert [here] if unreachable Numb: **62*0xxxxxxxxx# Name: Divert all calls [here] Numb: **21*0xxxxxxxxx# ...where 0x = state area code and xxxxxxxx = desired phone number Name: Cancel all diverts Numb: ##002# Name: Cancel Divert if busy Numb: ##67# Name: Cancel Divert if unanswered Numb: ##61# name:Cancel Divert if unreachable Numb: ##62# The "Cancel All Diverts" technically could be the only cancelling entry required, but if you run multiple diverts, thus adding a further layer of Conditions, then you will cancel all these conditions as well by using the blanket "Cancel All" It would be relatively smple to write an app that would add options to set the above Conditional Call Forwarding within the menu of Settings-Phone-Calls, but the Apple iTunes EULA does not allow apps that change or improve the functionality of the phone's operating system, so such an app would have to be made available only through a 3rd party vendor, which thus restricts the apps to working only on jailbroken iPhones. Apple, you make some nice kickass hardware, but your software policy sucks balls.

Edited by Antraman, 27 April 2011 - 09:09 PM.

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us...

#4 metasynaptic

metasynaptic

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:05 PM

you could always put the codes in as contacts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users