#1 nobody813

nobody813

Champion

• Atomican
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:33 PM

wotlogometal1.jpg

What is World of Tanks?
World of Tanks is a free to play team-based massively multiplayer online game dedicated to armored warfare in the mid-20th century. Throw yourself into epic tank battles shoulder to shoulder with other steel cowboys to dominate the world with tank supremacy!

An advanced system of vehicle upgrade and development allows you to try out the vehicles and weapons featured in the game. Whether you prefer to exhaust your foes with fast and maneuverable light tanks, punch deep into enemy lines with all-purpose medium tanks, use the power of heavy tanks to eliminate opposing forces, or become a high-powered sniper using long-range artillery, each unit type is extremely lethal and effective when commanded by a true tank ace

It takes more than just being a great tank commander to win. In World of Tanks, it's all about teamwork. Victory can only be achieved through the combined efforts of every member of the team, each playing their own role on the battlefield.

How do I get it?
Simply fill in some details here, download the client, and you're ready to go!

An important point to make is that there are multiple servers for World of Tanks, each for different geographical regions. The default server for Australian's was the North American (NA) server, however the default is now the Asian (ASIA) server. Many players have already transferred to the SEA server, and all new players are recommended to create their accounts on this server

Guides and Tutorials
Want some guides? To help you in and around the game? Look here for the official guides, or below for tutorials

Official Tutorials
- World of Tanks Tutorial Part 1 (Getting Started)
- World of Tanks Tutorial Part 2 (First Battle)
- World of Tanks Tutorial Part 3 (Progress)
- World of Tanks Tutorial Part 4 (Game Modes)
- World of Tanks Tutorial Part 5 (Ultimate Conquest)

World of Tanks Links
- Main Site (SEA server)
- Wiki

System Requirements
- Operating system: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7
- Processor (CPU): Intel from 2.2 GHz or equivalent AMD Family
- Memory (RAM): minimum of 1.5 GB for Windows 2000/XP, 2 GB for Windows Vista / 7
- Free hard disk space: At least 3.5 GB
- Video Card: Shader Model 3.0 GeForce 6800GT with 256 MB of RAM / ATI X800 with 256 MB RAM, DirectX 9.0c
- Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible
- Internet connection speed: at least 128 Kbps.

Client and Patch Downloads

SEA Server
- Main download page

NA Server
- Main download page

Other Information and Links
- Tank Database
- Gamer's Mod Pack
- Reaper's Mod Pack

Edited by nobody813, 06 November 2014 - 07:03 PM.

"Nobody, including Nobody, knows what Nobody is doing..." - millen

Intel Core i5 4670K | ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | 16GB G.Skill Ares DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked ACX 2.0 4GB | Cogage Arrow | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo | 2TB & 1TB Seagate 7200.14's | Corsair HX-650W | Fractal Design Arc Midi

#2 nobody813

nobody813

Champion

• Atomican
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:45 PM

Community

South East Asian Server
Most Atomicans choose to play World of Tanks on the South East Asian (SEA) server. All new players from Australia, New Zealand, and surrounding areas should sign up on this server, as it is the recommended server for this region. Not only does this mean better network performance (lower ping) than if one was to use the NA or other servers, but events and Clan Wars are held at times more suited to us

There is also an Atomican clan, called [AMPC] AtomicMPC. Anyone is welcome to join this clan, but we recommend posting in this thread before applying to join the clan through the main site; say hi and get to know us here :-)

North American Server
The NA server used to be the home for most players here. However, the SEA is now the default for all new players in our region, so the AMPC clan and most of us transferred to the SEA server. While the old AMPC clan still exists, it will likely be discontinued in the coming months

Edited by nobody813, 25 December 2013 - 10:48 AM.

Intel Core i5 4670K | ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | 16GB G.Skill Ares DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked ACX 2.0 4GB | Cogage Arrow | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo | 2TB & 1TB Seagate 7200.14's | Corsair HX-650W | Fractal Design Arc Midi

#3 mohawk

mohawk

Champion

• Atomican
  • 4,803 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:57 PM

Loved the beta and got 2 good mates hooked on it. We played just about every night in a platoon talking on skype and kicking arse together. I pre-ordered the Medium package so did one of my mates the other went the heavy. See you guys on the battlefield! My player ID is: Mowie
Atomic's Most Recommended Psu's Thread. http://forums.atomic...p?showtopic=266

#4 nesquick

nesquick

Titan

• Atomican
  • 19,783 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 08:09 AM

I was looking at the tanks you can get and can't believe you can get a maus, seems a bit crazy since only like 6 were ever built and no bridges could take their 180t of weight.

Edited by nesquick, 13 April 2011 - 12:12 PM.

STEAM/BC2 name: AllNightmareLong

#5 nobody813

nobody813

Champion

• Atomican
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:35 AM

I was looking at the tanks you can get and can't believe you can get a maus, seems a bit crazy since only like 6 were ever built and no bridges could their 180t of weight.

True. It'd be pretty funny if WoT had physics...

I'll try and get on sometime today, but the uni wireless has shat itself

I don't mind either way, just wanted to get the downloads here

Oh and do you reckon you'll play it? It is free :)

Loved the beta and got 2 good mates hooked on it. We played just about every night in a platoon talking on skype and kicking arse together.

I pre-ordered the Medium package so did one of my mates the other went the heavy.

See you guys on the battlefield!

My player ID is: Mowie

Looking forward to platooning with you again

My word we had fun in the Luchs'

Edited by nobody813, 13 April 2011 - 09:35 AM.

#6 nesquick

nesquick

Titan

• Atomican
  • 19,783 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 12:12 PM

maybe, I would make a really bad tank commander though, (just ask mudg3 what I am like on BC2 with tanks lol) I like high risk high reward style of play where you rush tanks in blitzkreig style.
STEAM/BC2 name: AllNightmareLong

#7 nobody813

nobody813

Champion

• Atomican
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 12:50 PM

maybe, I would make a really bad tank commander though, (just ask mudg3 what I am like on BC2 with tanks lol) I like high risk high reward style of play where you rush tanks in blitzkreig style.

You can do that

It is literally a tank FPS/TPS. Many players do your stated blitzkreig tactic

And there are so many tanks styles there

I reckon you'd go well with the faster tanks, whizzing around everyone while they try and hit you

#8 Opy

Opy

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:45 PM

That's where 'Different tactics for different tank classes' comes into play Fast tanks are fun, and usually make a short game because you tend to engage the enemy before your allies can catch up to you and you splat. But there is an award structure. If you manage to locate at least 6 enemies before anyone else sees them AND your team wins AND nobody finds more than you found, then you get a Scouting award. Just like if you kill at least 6 enemies and nobody else has killed as many as you then get the Top Gun award. In a fast tank with fast reload you can zoom around and just shoot once at everybody you find and not get the killing blow, but weaken them for your allies and get the Confederate award. There are even records in your stats that carry over from game to game. Main example would be if you have a game and the last 12 shots hit a target, then the next game in a completely different vehicle you make 5 shots and get 5 successful shots before you die and then, 4 days later, you log on again and load up your Leopard and get off 22 successful shots and then you miss 1. That will get your tally up to 39 successful hits in a row. Awesome. I think my record in Beta was 26 or 29. There are a lot of awards available. But as far as I know they do not give you advantages, it just makes your profile look more hardcore which might help you get into the higher tier clans once they get themselves fully developed. On a side note; I'm on holidays. Have taken 2 days annual leave just to play this game. It's almost 2pm, and I still haven't loaded up a tank. Darn eBay scammers are eating up my game time!

Edited by Opy, 10 May 2011 - 11:39 AM.

Reality is just an illusion brought on by a lack of alcohol.

WoT quote: "DishD (5:45:44 PM) ur a bad man Opy, funny as fuk but very Bad!"

QUOTE (Mac Dude @ May 15 2014, 06:47 PM) * I'm in. I'm so serious about this that I've already had 2 practice losses!

#9 nobody813

nobody813

Champion

• Atomican
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:48 PM

Nice And good comments there Stupid question, I've forgotten your WoT name Was it just opy?

#10 nobody813

nobody813

Champion

• Atomican
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 02:05 PM

Cool video came out

#11 Opy

Opy

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:06 PM

That is a cool video. Must be in DX11, as mine doesn't look that good. And I love the airborne tanks. I've been thinking of being able to get the tanks airborne and then killing people by jumping on them Mechwarrior style ;) but the game just doesn't let you do that. yet.....

QUOTE (Mac Dude @ May 15 2014, 06:47 PM) * I'm in. I'm so serious about this that I've already had 2 practice losses!

#12 Opy

Opy

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:19 PM

Haha. My first achievement. I scored Steelwall. My Valentine last a track 11 freakin times. Survived the battle but base got captured. Too much fun.

#13 nobody813

nobody813

Champion

• Atomican
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:09 AM

Nice I've got some I think, actually only 1. The keeping people of of your base I think I have some of the special medals though, and those ones about record... Yes and that game footage looks better than mine, although it does seem to be getting better Who wants physics? I do

#14 Opy

Opy

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:34 AM

Who wants physics? I do

Imagine what Erlenberg would be like if you could destroy bridges. Messy :)

#15 Opy

Opy

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:21 PM

I have a hard time remembering the names of the various maps so I put together a text file on my 2nd PC.
For this post I've converted the map files to JPGs. They only show basic detail but it's enough for those of you who have died on them a few times.

Abbey - Town in centre on a hill with road going through middle of it and protected roads to either side of map.
Cliff - Lighthouse, 'D'-shaped map arcing out to the East.
El Halluf - Flat valley between teams with a tree lined creek bed. Arty battle.
Ensk - Train station town. Large buildings to battle in.
Erlenberg - River up centre with 3 bridges. Castle South West. Hills both sides. Bases in the middle.
Himmelsdorf - City with hill st to East and courtyard of death and trainyard over West.
Karelia - Open, dry area with a hill and a few boulders.
Komarin - Centre island, forested. Big shallow lake. Bases are to the sides of map.
Lakeville - Centre road between lake and mountain. Valley to West, town to East.
Malinovka - (Campinovka) Tank defence line at each end, woods to the East with large hill in North East corner and a couple lakes dividing battlefield from hill.
Murovanka - Mostly flat plains. Forest to East, small hills to West. spread out village.
Pagorki - Side hill on island with radio tower, water to play in, a middle hill.
Prokhorovka - Plains with hill to East, train down middle and road staight down West side.
Ruinberg - Semicircle town takes up West half and parklands to East.
Sand River - Hilly desert with a small town.
Westland - Green, big hills. Huge broken bridge.

#16 nobody813

nobody813

Champion

• Atomican
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:25 PM

Could I put that in the OP?

#17 Opy

Opy

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:35 PM

Sure thing Nob.

#18 Opy

Opy

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:22 PM

92 battles in and I finally get my 2nd acheivement. 100% base capture in a tracktor. Sweet.

#19 nobody813

nobody813

Champion

• Atomican
  • 6,529 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:37 PM

Cool Of those maps, Karelia is new to me I think

#20 Opy

Opy

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:39 PM

Finally got around to buying an SPG. Very first run I only made 1 kill. When we go to the end of game stats I realized that that 1 kill was Mozzie! haha
Since I started Beta, Mozzie was always online, but I've never seen him in a game. I finally play with him and I blow him up.
Feel the love in that.

Of those maps, Karelia is new to me

I think I've played Karelia with you.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users