• Please log in to reply
6954 replies to this topic

#6941 Waltish

Waltish

Apple Strudel

• Hero
  • 13,822 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 05:12 PM

Oh I now remember why I have to up date WoT, you get a free tank and garage slot.

I never pass up free stuff that I can use!!!!

Posted Image

I already had that tank ,got a chinese pea shooter its crap.

Strange all bonus tanks are crap ,at least i like the *5 xp this weekend.

I think of them as free garage slots .. though I did keep the light vic.

My Body Is Ready.
PSN = waltzz22
#NerfAusguard 
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#6942 nobody813

nobody813

Banoffee Pie

• Atomican
  • 6,429 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 05:51 PM

Thread updated

"Nobody, including Nobody, knows what Nobody is doing..." - millen

Intel Core i5 2500K | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | SLI EVGA GeForce GTX 460 1GB's | Cogage Arrow | 120GB Intel 520 | 2TB & 1TB Seagate 7200.14's | Corsair HX-650W | Fractal Design Arc Midi

#6943 codecreeper

codecreeper

Éclair

• Atomican
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:32 PM

What is a First rate tank? I was in my "IS" and was getting cornered in a match and i just could penetrate a tank a following me. On chat someone said the IS tank is crap and more designed for lobbying not actual combat. They said the "IS" more of second rate or in the support category. Kinda got me confused.
You only live life once so get off that computer and enjoy it.

#6944 Waltish

Waltish

Apple Strudel

• Hero
  • 13,822 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:13 PM

What is a First rate tank?

I was in my "IS" and was getting cornered in a match and i just could penetrate a tank a following me. On chat someone said the IS tank is crap and more designed for lobbying not actual combat.

They said the "IS" more of second rate or in the support category.

Kinda got me confused.

The turret is a bit soft so don't lead the push, with the big gun on, its a slow reload working from the second row you can support the other heavy tanks, that gun has good alpha damage any thing you do pen will get hurt a lot.
Used to be many folks said its op.

My Body Is Ready.
PSN = waltzz22
#NerfAusguard 
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#6945 codecreeper

codecreeper

Éclair

• Atomican
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:24 PM

I was in my "IS" and was getting cornered in a match and i just could penetrate a tank a following me. On chat someone said the IS tank is crap and more designed for lobbying not actual combat.

Kinda got me confused.

The turret is a bit soft so don't lead the push, with the big gun on, its a slow reload working from the second row you can support the other heavy tanks, that gun has good alpha damage any thing you do pen will get hurt a lot.

So what would be a good upgrade to replace the "IS"?

Looking at the tech tree i can only see German or American Tanks in the Frontline.

#6946 Waltish

Waltish

Apple Strudel

• Hero
  • 13,822 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:38 PM

Kinda got me confused.

So what would be a good upgrade to replace the "IS"?

Looking at the tech tree i can only see German or American Tanks in the Frontline.

use it to go up the russsian tree to the IS3 then do what you want with it.
I have kept every Russian heavy I have gotten so far only the IS8 and the IS7 to get and will then have all of them from KV1 including KV2.
Don't have to sell it heavys cost a lot of time and credits it might be better to hang on to it and drive it from time to time.
If you want have a look at the Americans T1 and M6 and on through T29 and up which can be Awesome driven well, but they have the American quirks which you have to get used to to make them work.

https://www.youtube....r/BohemianEagle
https://www.youtube....er/QuickyBabyTV

My Body Is Ready.
PSN = waltzz22
#NerfAusguard 
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#6947 codecreeper

codecreeper

Éclair

• Atomican
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:35 PM

I think a bought dud tank the T-150 heading for the KV3 ,its worse than a Matilda. Its slow and awkward to steer in tight place its like an armadillo ,going up hills or anything is painful even with engie upgrade and tracks.

#6948 Waltish

Waltish

Apple Strudel

• Hero
  • 13,822 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 10:18 PM

I think a bought dud tank the T-150 heading for the KV3 ,its worse than a Matilda. Its slow and awkward to steer in tight place its like an armadillo ,going up hills or anything is painful even with engie upgrade and tracks.

I don't know if I can agree, 100% crew and ventilation helps a bit, I have had a ton of fun in the T-150.

My Body Is Ready.
PSN = waltzz22
#NerfAusguard 
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#6949 Opy

Opy

Macaron

• Atomican
  • 1,483 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:18 PM

T-150 is slow to reload but those shells hurt. You can get some great games in it. Worth keeping unless you need the garage space. I prefer the KV-1S. It drives kind of like a medium but does great damage. I think both of those tanks have a restricted matching making profile so are often top tier. The KV-1S is my 'go to' tank when I am wanting a win. And it's a KV-one S, not a KV-eye S. I never had much luck in the IS. A curse of mine. As Waltish says it can do good dmg but I feel better armoured on a skateboard. Many people love it. It used to be the most camo'd heavy 7, not sure if that's still the case. I love the IS-2, but that's not even Russian. The IS leads directly to the IS-3. Probably still the best grouped heavy 8 in the game. With a group of IS-3s you can charge across the map, swarming victims, watching a lot of shots bounce off your front angles. Getting shot on the frontal point can hurt but rarely causes crits. The ST-I (ST-eye, not ST-one) is another great tank but different to the speedy IS-3 and KV-1S. They are tough vehicles where the ST-I is a tank, built to handle big shells getting thrown at it. That thing is tough and can do respectable damage too. The KV-4 is like that too come to think of it. I just logged in to check out the tech tree and my 1 day free premium just started. Doh! I can't play at the moment!!!
Reality is just an illusion brought on by a lack of alcohol. WoT quote: "DishD (5:45:44 PM) ur a bad man Opy, funny as fuk but very Bad!" QUOTE (Mac Dude @ May 15 2014, 06:47 PM) * I'm in. I'm so serious about this that I've already had 2 practice losses! Opy

#6950 nobody813

nobody813

Banoffee Pie

• Atomican
  • 6,429 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:22 PM

Currently downloading the 360 version. Want to give it a go for something to do

Intel Core i5 2500K | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | SLI EVGA GeForce GTX 460 1GB's | Cogage Arrow | 120GB Intel 520 | 2TB & 1TB Seagate 7200.14's | Corsair HX-650W | Fractal Design Arc Midi

#6951 codecreeper

codecreeper

Éclair

• Atomican
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:44 PM

Currently downloading the 360 version. Want to give it a go for something to do

Their is also a mobile version for tablets too.

#6952 nobody813

nobody813

Banoffee Pie

• Atomican
  • 6,429 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:52 PM

Latency is so baaaaad! It's like I'm back on NA again... wait I am... :-/

#6953 eveln

eveln

Apple Strudel

• Atomican
  • 11,762 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 02:53 PM

Played a bit last night and today. Finally got the BIG gun for the KV-4, now just need engine and tracks ;)

" Seriously, use the stuff between your ears for more than just stopping your hairdo going flat." - Cybes.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, just pee on it and walk away. Laugh to Live . Live to Laugh.

atomic has π

#6954 codecreeper

codecreeper

Éclair

• Atomican
  • 2,352 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:48 PM

Damn am i pissed off with WoT.

Tonight enjoying the T-150 now after lots of upgrades i get to cap a base with me and this guy. And the enemy comes back to stop us ,the other tank protects me from the rear. I see the enemy come up from in front me ,get to line a shot up and Whammo. Servers disconnect me for Maintenance. WTF?

#6955 eveln

eveln

Apple Strudel

• Atomican
  • 11,762 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:36 PM

I had a screen freeze / lag type thingy happen today. When I could finally do something I was allowed to see myself blown to smithereens.

One of those shots with my turret flying through the air and fire every where.

" Seriously, use the stuff between your ears for more than just stopping your hairdo going flat." - Cybes.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, just pee on it and walk away. Laugh to Live . Live to Laugh.

atomic has π

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users