7251 replies to this topic

#81 nobody813

nobody813

Champion

• Atomican
  • 6,540 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:45 AM

I found quite an interesting thread on the official WoT forums

It started off about French TD's, then someone posted a picture from a video, of a French TD being made

Posted Image

The video was then posted, and showed quite a lot more

(Ignore the adverts :P)

Though it is in Russian, we can see quite a few things that will be coming

The first is the World Map, a game mode where large groups of players battle for control over Europe, North Africa, Asia...

Someone also noted that a Sentinel was being modeled. I didn't know this, but that is an Australian designed and built tank. Just from that, I think we shall see it in the Britsh Tree :)

I don't care if it costs gold, I will be getting this

"Nobody, including Nobody, knows what Nobody is doing..." - millen

Intel Core i7 4790K | ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | 16GB G.Skill Ares DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked ACX 2.0 4GB | Cogage Arrow | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo | 2TB + 1TB Seagate 7200.14's | Corsair RM650i | Fractal Design Arc Midi

#82 TinBane

TinBane

Super Hero

• Mod
  • 21,537 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:41 PM

Yeah, I was thinking the KV3 looked much more usable as a heavy tank. I'll prioritise it over the KV1S. Interesting to see what the French get. Given the tiers tend to go up with time in the war, what are Tier 10 French tanks going to be? Entirely based on pre-war prototypes? It will be interesting. The french had interesting inter-war stuff, and many of the early german tanks were actually french of czech. But late-war, it's not like they were actively developing tanks, right? Bring on the brits :)
Romans 10:3 absit iniuria verbis

#83 hawkeye

hawkeye

Shun the nonbeliever

• God
  • 11,198 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:51 PM

Just started playing this this morning. Got a press account with a mess of XP and Gold, but I'm ignoring that in favour of actually levelling properly. Played two maps this morning, got a couple of kills in my tiny US tank... and I think I'm hooked!

aka David Hollingworth, Digital Editor - Atomic, Hyper, PC & Tech Authority, PC PowerPlay "Hawkeyes pants were like the pants of a deity. Touching them I was in sudden communion with all of pantskind. The ancestral trouser crawling from the murk of time, the fierce battle pant scourging the infidel, the quiet meditation of the monks pants at dawn." - Hlass

#84 TinBane

TinBane

Super Hero

• Mod
  • 21,537 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:19 PM

My god is it a fun game.
Do yourself a favour (if you have the time) and read the battle mechanics page, it makes a LOT of things clearer.

Personally, I'd skip out of the US tree, because it's relatively small, and try the German of USSR trees.
They've launched (deliberately) well short of their full intent. They'll add a lot more tanks to come, plus french and English tank trees.

Low levels are fun, mid levels it gets more serious, and higher levels you really need to function as a team.

Current US tree:
http://wiki.worldoft...ree_Release.jpg

Planned US tree:
http://wiki.worldoft...k_Tree_Full.jpg

The US have (atm) no dedicated self-propelled anti tank guns. That's the biggest gap.

Mind you, as you don't play as an army, that's no exactly a big issue, but it means your dreams of playing a wicked hellcat aren't going to see fruition :) http://en.wikipedia....iki/M18_Hellcat

Edited by TinBane, 29 April 2011 - 03:22 PM.

#85 hawkeye

hawkeye

Shun the nonbeliever

• God
  • 11,198 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:44 PM

I used to have a Hellcat t-shirt :)

aka David Hollingworth, Digital Editor - Atomic, Hyper, PC & Tech Authority, PC PowerPlay "Hawkeyes pants were like the pants of a deity. Touching them I was in sudden communion with all of pantskind. The ancestral trouser crawling from the murk of time, the fierce battle pant scourging the infidel, the quiet meditation of the monks pants at dawn." - Hlass

#86 TinBane

TinBane

Super Hero

• Mod
  • 21,537 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:59 PM

How did I know, hey?

I have to admit though, if you could get an "achillies" T-shirt, I'd have one :P

http://en.wikipedia....pdr_SP_Achilles

#87 nobody813

nobody813

Champion

• Atomican
  • 6,540 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:45 PM

Good to hear you are playing it hawkeye :) It was your original thread that got me interested Will your username remain a mystery? :P

Intel Core i7 4790K | ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | 16GB G.Skill Ares DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked ACX 2.0 4GB | Cogage Arrow | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo | 2TB + 1TB Seagate 7200.14's | Corsair RM650i | Fractal Design Arc Midi

#88 TinBane

TinBane

Super Hero

• Mod
  • 21,537 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:48 PM

Hey hawkeye, if you are on the US server, add TinBane :)

#89 Opy

Opy

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 05:08 PM

Haha. I just scored Top Gun with a pussy MS-1.

Reality is just an illusion brought on by a lack of alcohol.

WoT quote: "DishD (5:45:44 PM) ur a bad man Opy, funny as fuk but very Bad!"

QUOTE (Mac Dude @ May 15 2014, 06:47 PM) * I'm in. I'm so serious about this that I've already had 2 practice losses!

#90 bigtye

bigtye

Apprentice

• Quark
  • 84 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:46 PM

Just had my first team killing griefer, was a poo experience. I was top tank in my M6A2 and this douche, lets call him "jglasgoww", started shooting me. He hit me repeatedly until I died and killed 2 others on our team.

I thought I would post up in case others have a similar experience. You need to take a screen shot of the team killer and submit it in the support section as a supportr ticket. When you hit screen shot in game it is saved in win 7 in c:/games/worldoftanks

The shots will be there in the general folder with all the other files but are jpegs labelled a shot001m shot002 etc.
Further instructions taken from the World of Tanks website:

6. Reporting in-game violations

Since not all cases of team kills and insults can be tracked automatically, the injured party may file a violation report on Technical Support service website: http://support.worldoftanks.com or via email support@worldoftanks.com

6.01. Reports should contain a thorough description of situation, nicknames of participants and approximate time and date of the violation, including time zone, and also the name of the violator. Attaching unedited screenshots is obligatory for the report to be reviewed.
6.02. Only intentional team-kills or friendly-fire damage will be considered. It is the victim's responsibility to provide sufficient screen-shots to substantially prove that the damage or kill was not accidental. For example, if according to the screen shots provided, it is evident that a team kill took place in the first 45 seconds or there are no enemy players around, it is likely intentional. However, if the team kill took when there are both enemy and allied vehicles around, the whole situation is considered vague, and further research is needed to try and prove that the team kill was intentional.
6.03. Only an injured party may report a team-kill or friendly damage. Reports from a third party about team kill and friendly damage will not be accepted nor considered.
6.04. The injured party or victim may not report players whom they have selected to "Platoon", "Company" or "Clan" with. Players are required to chose their friends wisely.
6.05. Reports of insults and obscene language in chats are accepted only if the injured party has the censor filter turned on, which should be supported by an unedited screenshot of the violation.
6.06. Any complaints that are posted on forums will be regarded as off-topic, and dealt with appropriately. Reporting players or disputing of bans are both done through support only.
6.07. Players have seven (7) days to register complaints on an incident. Complaints on issues after this time-frame are not subject to consideration.

Hope this is useful as I didn't know what to do about the douche initially other than screen shot him. Their is also a script they run that auto bans people for causing too much team damage, so don't shoot back or kill tk'ers or you may be auto banned.

Tye

See you in your metal box
ibuiltit
e8500 cpu, GB EP45 ds4p, Asus 5850 1gb gpu, Xigmatek S1283 HSF lapped, Asus Xonar DX sound card, TT Armour case, Corsair 750TX psu HDD 750gb & 500gb F1 spinpoint, zboard, G5 mouse, Beyerdynamic DT234 phones, logitech Z263 speakers,
It's like the rage that I feel from being bombarded with stupid is sitting in my sack and squeezing all the life from my balls, . disolusiond

#91 nobody813

nobody813

Champion

• Atomican
  • 6,540 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:54 PM

I got team killed a week or so ago I did it the old fashioned way, sent them an email. I was extremely happy with the speed of the response I have to say, that is the only thing I hate about it, but then again, there will always be people who do that

#92 Opy

Opy

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:58 PM

A mate of mine logged on in beta. Saw tanks around him with green indicators and saw another group of tanks with green indicators some distance away. He assumed that was the enemy. He was not popular.... I had a butt head in a BT-2 continually jumping in front of my trakor in Pagorki one time. Eventually I just sat still and he got bored and started doing the same to another tier 1 player. There are no rules against this that I've seen, but if I started shooting the fooker I suspect he would have reported me. Just getting kicks out of annoying people. I'm considering tracking him down and marrying his mother and then grounding him. That'll learn him!

#93 bigtye

bigtye

Apprentice

• Quark
  • 84 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:01 PM

Actually Opy, there are rules against blocking, see below: 4. Inappropriate conduct in game The following actions are prohibited in game: 4.01. Intentionally damaging vehicles belonging to a player on the same team (team damage). 4.02. Intentionally destroying vehicles belonging to a player on the same team (team kill). 4.03. Intentionally blocking (blocking from front and rear) vehicles belonging to a player on the same team. 4.04. Intentionally propping (blocking on one side, where the other side of a user's vehicle touches a fixed indestructible obstacle, preventing free movement.) vehicles belonging to a player on the same team. 4.05. Intentionally informing participants of the opposing team through battle, or voice chat, the location of vehicles belonging to players of the same team. 4.06. Using bots, clickers, macros, keyboard and mouse recorders, or any other similar methods to accumulate credits and experience without the participation or with passive participation of the player within the battle. Having a read through the rules page has actually been quite inciteful, there are heaps of general good conduct and behaviour rules. Tye
ibuiltit
e8500 cpu, GB EP45 ds4p, Asus 5850 1gb gpu, Xigmatek S1283 HSF lapped, Asus Xonar DX sound card, TT Armour case, Corsair 750TX psu HDD 750gb & 500gb F1 spinpoint, zboard, G5 mouse, Beyerdynamic DT234 phones, logitech Z263 speakers,
It's like the rage that I feel from being bombarded with stupid is sitting in my sack and squeezing all the life from my balls, . disolusiond

#94 Opy

Opy

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:14 PM

Cool, thanks. I still like the idea of grounding him though......

#95 bigtye

bigtye

Apprentice

• Quark
  • 84 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:23 PM

I reckon you could have more fun with his mum than you could grounding him. Just my humble opinion.

Tye

Just started playing this this morning. Got a press account with a mess of XP and Gold, but I'm ignoring that in favour of actually levelling properly. Played two maps this morning, got a couple of kills in my tiny US tank... and I think I'm hooked!

Hawkeye, you got to add the guys here to friends and platoon up. Use your gold to get a premium account so you can platoon. Remember you can use voice chat, Q, i think to talk to platoon members.

The game is so much better working together, bit like BFBC2 is better when squading up.

Also pressing T while aiming at someone, targets them for everyone, letting others engage the same tank as you and kill it quicker.

Cheers
Tye
ibuiltit

#96 nobody813

nobody813

Champion

• Atomican
  • 6,540 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:36 PM

Hawkeye, you got to add the guys here to friends and platoon up. Use your gold to get a premium account so you can platoon. Remember you can use voice chat, Q, i think to talk to platoon members.

The game is so much better working together, bit like BFBC2 is better when squading up.

Agreed :)

#97 Opy

Opy

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:47 PM

Pretty sure that's the first time I scored Top Gun using an SPG. Happy times. :)

#98 TinBane

TinBane

Super Hero

• Mod
  • 21,537 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 03:21 AM

Cheers for the games, Opy. Was awesome fun. It was interesting to see how much better we both played. It's really good having a spotter, because the Russian tanks have crap visual range (for the most part).

#99 Opy

Opy

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 03:39 AM

TinBane

Feel the love mate. We did well in working together and often dying together.
I felt so much camaraderie with you that I won't even publicize that Westland episode.

Posted Image

Will not publicize it at all.

I mentioned skins to you in game. Here are some more examples:

Posted Image

Posted Image

For the red tanks, I simply ran a red hue over the original images. For other's I downloaded other people's work.
When looking for new skins I use these 2 sites;

http://wotskins.wordpress.com/
http://wotskins.ucoz.ru/

Reality is just an illusion brought on by a lack of alcohol.

WoT quote: "DishD (5:45:44 PM) ur a bad man Opy, funny as fuk but very Bad!"

QUOTE (Mac Dude @ May 15 2014, 06:47 PM) * I'm in. I'm so serious about this that I've already had 2 practice losses!

#100 nobody813

nobody813

Champion

• Atomican
  • 6,540 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 12:40 PM

For those that missed it (or haven't yet read it), there are going to be major changes to the current tech trees

Full Tech Trees Revised and Improved

As a result of the community's valued feedback and our desire to provide all players with an improved overall game balance, World of Tanks team is glad to announce the planned revisions of the tech trees. The whole process of amending existing tech trees is rather time-consuming, and will be completed gradually, update after update.

Some of the changes are going to affect players’ progress directly. That’s why we want them to occur as smoothly as possible.

Revised Tech Trees

Germany Tech Tree
USA Tech Tree
USSR Tech Tree

The transition procedure will be handled in the following way:

1. Germany Tech Tree
• Introduction of E-50.

Players who have a Panther II in their garage at the time of the revision will have it replaced with an E-50 with the respective module setup (top engine will be changed for HL295 or added as a new one), keeping their progress and old crew.

Players who have a Pz. V Panther in their garage at the time of the revision will have it replaced with a Panther II with the respective module setup (and 7.5 cm KwK 45 L/100 gun), keeping their progress and old crew, plus they will get a tier 7 Pz. V Panther with a stock setup, an extra garage slot, and a 100% crew.

No additional refunds are planned.

• Introduction of Е-75 and Е-100.

Undistributed experience from elite Tiger will be transferred to King Tiger.

2. USA Tech Tree

• M26 Pershing will be substituted for M46 Patton. T23 will be substituted for M26 Pershing.

Players who have a M26 Pershing in their garage at the time of the revision will have it replaced with a M46 Patton, with the respective module setup (possibly with some renaming) keeping their progress and old crew.

Players who have a T23 in their garage at the time of the revision will have it replaced with a M26 Pershing in its new status, with the respective module setup (possibly with some renaming) keeping their progress and old crew.

• T34 will be substituted for M103.

Players who have a T34 in their garage at the time of the revision will have it replaced with a M103 with the respective module setup and a 100% crew.

Additionally they will also get a T34 as a premium tank with the old crew and an extra garage slot.

• T30 will be substituted for T110 and T30 will be moved to the Tank Destroyers line of the tech tree.

Players who have a T30 in their garage at the time of the revision will have it replaced with a T110 with a 100% crew, plus they will also get T30 in its new status with the top module setup, old crew, and an extra garage slot.

3. USSR Tech Tree

• KV will be separated into KV-1 and KV-2.
Players who have a KV in their garage at the time of the revision will have it replaced with a KV-1. The KV’s crew will be trained for the KV-1.

Additionally players who have researched KV-2’s turret for KV will get a KV-2 with an extra garage slot and the KV-2 will be assigned a 100% crew.

Undistributed experience from KV can be transferred to either KV-2 or to KV-1 on demand.

• KV-3 moved to tier 7 and the introduction of T-150.

Players who have a KV-3 in their garage at the time of the revision will get a KV-3 in its new status with its existing module and research setup and its old crew. Additionally they will also get a T-150 with a stock setup, extra garage slot, and 100% crew.

• IS-4 will be substituted for Object 252.

Players who have an IS-4 in their garage at the time of the revision will get an IS-4 in its new status with old crew, plus they will also get an Object 252 with 100% crew with an extra garage slot. Undistributed experience will remain on Object 252, however can be transferred to a new IS-4 on demand.

Draft Procedure of module substitution for IS-4:

If a player had IS-4’s engine researched, the same engine will be researched for both the new IS-4 and Object 252 (or the analogue of this engine if changed).

Radios, turrets, and suspensions will be treated in the same way. IS-4 and Object 252 will have the same modules installed as those previously mounted on old IS-4 or their analogues if changed. Guns, if changed, are likely to be treated in the same way.

All disputable issues will be solved for benefit of players.

Note: Installed equipment and modules in depot for the vehicles affected by the revisions will be sold at their buying price. Some minor changes are still possible but overall concept will remain untouched.

Link

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users