• Please log in to reply
251 replies to this topic

#41 gabber

gabber

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:57 AM

This Sigma 30mm is still impressing me after a good while of ownership. This is wide open @f1.4 (and close to the MFD)...
Posted Image
Day 41 The Keyboard by unitTwo, on Flickr

Edited by gabber, 29 June 2011 - 12:58 AM.

"In the next century, nations as we know it will be obsolete; all states will recognize a single global authority. National sovereignty wasn't such a great idea after all." Strobe Talbott, 1992

"Oh Lord. Protect this rocket house and all who dwell within the rocket house." Homer Simpson

#42 gabber

gabber

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 05:26 PM

Gogo wireless flash!!1
Posted Image
Day 42 Micro Warrior by unitTwo, on Flickr

"In the next century, nations as we know it will be obsolete; all states will recognize a single global authority. National sovereignty wasn't such a great idea after all." Strobe Talbott, 1992

"Oh Lord. Protect this rocket house and all who dwell within the rocket house." Homer Simpson

#43 gabber

gabber

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 04:57 AM

Cleaning up a cupboard and I came across this p&s I bought for my honeymoon back in 2006.

A whopping 4 megapixels with a 6x optical zoom (f2.8 to f3). Wicked. It came with a 128MB xD card too!
Posted Image
Day 43 Obsolete by unitTwo, on Flickr

#44 basketballfreak6

basketballfreak6

Master

• Atomican
  • 795 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:39 AM

This Sigma 30mm is still impressing me after a good while of ownership. This is wide open @f1.4 (and close to the MFD)...
Posted Image
Day 41 The Keyboard by unitTwo, on Flickr

my friend's got the same lens on his D90, really nice on crop bodies!

how's 365 project going? i tried it once and i gave up around this mark lol

#45 gabber

gabber

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 02:51 PM

There's been a few days where I've gotten home from work late and have thought about saying "stuff it". But I'm still persevering! I'm running out of cool things to photograph in my house though! If I didn't have a macro lens I'd be screwed I think :)

#46 gabber

gabber

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:58 AM

Posted Image
Day 52 Red by Photo By GR, on Flickr

#47 gabber

gabber

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:37 AM

I love messing around with mah speedlite. It's heaps of fun!
Posted Image
Day 54 Ayanami Rei by Photo By GR, on Flickr

#48 Antraman

Antraman

Champion

• Atomican
  • 4,627 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:33 AM

Don't you think its a bit out of focus? Otherwise, i like the subject and its treatment...
Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us...

#49 gabber

gabber

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:49 AM

Heh. Tis the post processing. I used the Nik plug-in in CS5 called 'Glamour Glow'. I toned down the sliders a bit till I was happy with it. So I prefer to think of it as 'soft focus' as opposed to 'out of focus' :)

#50 Antraman

Antraman

Champion

• Atomican
  • 4,627 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 11:03 AM

Heh. Tis the post processing. I used the Nik plug-in in CS5 called 'Glamour Glow'. I toned down the sliders a bit till I was happy with it. So I prefer to think of it as 'soft focus' as opposed to 'out of focus' :)

OK gotcha.

Was it you who did a face shot of one of these pieces before, I think it had orange or yellow hair, and just the eye was in focus. That was fantastic, it felt like it had life. Can't find it now...
Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us...

#51 gabber

gabber

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:22 PM

Is it this one Ant?

#52 Antraman

Antraman

Champion

• Atomican
  • 4,627 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:48 PM

Yes that's the one. I really like that. Though for some reason I remembered a different hair colour. LOL. What are they actually, anyway?

#53 gabber

gabber

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 02:03 AM

It's a figurine thing from the Neon Genesis Evangelion anime. The wifey buys me all sorts of cool 'shelf space waster's' for b/days, xmas, etc.

Speaking of...
Posted Image
Day 56 Vorhees by Photo By GR, on Flickr

#54 Antraman

Antraman

Champion

• Atomican
  • 4,627 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:38 PM

whoah nice...looks life like.

#55 gabber

gabber

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 02:13 AM

Thanks Ant.

Posted Image
Day 58 Deadwood by Photo By GR, on Flickr

#56 gabber

gabber

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:27 AM

Posted Image
Day 60 Michael Portrait by Photo By GR, on Flickr

#57 basketballfreak6

basketballfreak6

Master

• Atomican
  • 795 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:55 PM

scary! lol

#58 Chancellor

Chancellor

Overlord

• Hero
  • 3,063 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:44 PM

Love the images Gabber. Looking at these (and what you are doing in the Project 365) is making it very hard to resist a macro lens :)
Out of my mind, be back eventually.

#59 gabber

gabber

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 05:59 PM

@freak ; Heh, that's exactly what I was going for and it's also what the wifey said when I showed her :) @Chancellor ; Much appreciated for the kind words. Macro stuff is pretty darn cool, my 100mm is getting it's moneys worth that's for sure. It also doubles as a razor sharp from wide open telephoto portrait prime.

#60 basketballfreak6

basketballfreak6

Master

• Atomican
  • 795 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 07:41 PM

@freak ; Heh, that's exactly what I was going for and it's also what the wifey said when I showed her :)

@Chancellor ; Much appreciated for the kind words. Macro stuff is pretty darn cool, my 100mm is getting it's moneys worth that's for sure. It also doubles as a razor sharp from wide open telephoto portrait prime.

100mm is a killer lens, L or non L, i know i love mine to bits

man you are making me want to attempt 365 project again lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users