Posted Image
"skeleton" of a leaf

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by basketballfreak6, 13 May 2011 - 09:47 PM.

#2 gabber

gabber

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:50 PM

Wow. Impressive stuff there. Pic #1 is Epic. Great work & timing. The grasshopper pic looks a bit 'hot' too me (I presume it was some fill-flash used?).

Edited by gabber, 14 May 2011 - 05:50 PM.

"In the next century, nations as we know it will be obsolete; all states will recognize a single global authority. National sovereignty wasn't such a great idea after all." Strobe Talbott, 1992

"Oh Lord. Protect this rocket house and all who dwell within the rocket house." Homer Simpson

#3 Antraman

Antraman

Champion

• Atomican
  • 4,627 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 12:02 AM

Yeah I agree...that Dragonfly pic is awesome. Reminds me of a world war II photo of a fighter plane in flight...lol. The blur of the wings is just right, suggesting motion.
Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us...

#4 basketballfreak6

basketballfreak6

Master

• Atomican
  • 795 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:40 PM

thanks guys, yea i used flash for the grasshopper, it was hidden in the leaves :P and the dragonfly...i sat there for god knows how long trying to predict its movements lol

#5 Mr.Twinkie

Mr.Twinkie

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 3,327 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:23 PM

Lovely stuff. What camera do you use?

Edited by Mr.Twinkie, 23 May 2011 - 06:23 PM.

PC Specs: ASUS P7P55D-E Deluxe | i7 860 | R9 390 | Corsair TX-750W | 4GB G-Skill Ripjaws + 8GB Corsair Dominator | Antec 902 Case | ASUS MG279Q IPS Freesync Monitor

My momma always said I was special.

#6 stash

stash

Charge

• Atomican
  • 468 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:30 PM

He has what he used right at the top of the post 60D and 100mm L Macro

Awesome colours on the flowers. I have never been able to catch a dragon fly excellent shot.
Intel 2500k | Asus P8P67 Pro | G.Skill Ripjaw x 1600 8GB | Inno3D GTX570 | CM 690 II Adv

#7 Mr.Twinkie

Mr.Twinkie

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 3,327 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 09:07 PM

He has what he used right at the top of the post 60D and 100mm L Macro

Awesome colours on the flowers. I have never been able to catch a dragon fly excellent shot.

T_T The awesome imagery totally pulled my eyes away from the first words of the OP.

Edited by Mr.Twinkie, 23 May 2011 - 09:07 PM.

PC Specs: ASUS P7P55D-E Deluxe | i7 860 | R9 390 | Corsair TX-750W | 4GB G-Skill Ripjaws + 8GB Corsair Dominator | Antec 902 Case | ASUS MG279Q IPS Freesync Monitor

#8 basketballfreak6

basketballfreak6

Master

• Atomican
  • 795 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 10:55 PM

haha yea it was with 60D, a fun camera to use just like the 100mm L lens :P

and with dragonfly and butterflies, bit of luck and A LOT of patience, i've had shot of dragonflies at my lens' min focusing distance before

a couple from a few months back

Posted Image

original is sharper of course, can see the tiny bug eyes :P

Posted Image

it caught a moth and was eating it up

Edited by basketballfreak6, 23 May 2011 - 11:01 PM.

#9 basketballfreak6

basketballfreak6

Master

• Atomican
  • 795 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:16 PM

might as well post some older photos while i am at it

some shots around Brissy CBD

Posted Image

Posted Image

a few shots of my trip back to taiwan last year

Posted Image

Posted Image
was super foggy lol

Posted Image
hdr hand held 3 exposures

first light at nudgee beach, sunrise was total fail though, as you can see some pretty bad kind of cloud cover

Posted Image

#10 Mr.Twinkie

Mr.Twinkie

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 3,327 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:35 PM

haha yea it was with 60D, a fun camera to use just like the 100mm L lens :P

and with dragonfly and butterflies, bit of luck and A LOT of patience, i've had shot of dragonflies at my lens' min focusing distance before

a couple from a few months back

Posted Image

original is sharper of course, can see the tiny bug eyes :P

Posted Image

it caught a moth and was eating it up

It kinda look like its showing off to the camera. Maybe he thinks he's so gonna get laid after this...

#11 basketballfreak6

basketballfreak6

Master

• Atomican
  • 795 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 11:41 PM

It kinda look like its showing off to the camera. Maybe he thinks he's so gonna get laid after this...

lol feed then get laid, not a bad life...

#12 gabber

gabber

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:06 AM

The light trail nightscape of Brisbane is fantastic. Top composition.

"In the next century, nations as we know it will be obsolete; all states will recognize a single global authority. National sovereignty wasn't such a great idea after all." Strobe Talbott, 1992

"Oh Lord. Protect this rocket house and all who dwell within the rocket house." Homer Simpson

#13 Antraman

Antraman

Champion

• Atomican
  • 4,627 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:45 AM

Nice pics there man. The Brizzy one is good....Cultural Centre overpass. But I love the 3 Taiwan ones. The bikes one is awesome.
Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us...

#14 basketballfreak6

basketballfreak6

Master

• Atomican
  • 795 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 12:53 AM

thanks guys, on my lappy atm while i wait for my mobo to come back...all my photos are on my main pc so will post more when i get it back they are just stuff i pulled out of my random photobucket uploads lol

#15 basketballfreak6

basketballfreak6

Master

• Atomican
  • 795 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 12:47 AM

one from today:

Posted Image

#16 gabber

gabber

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:11 AM

Wow. Great job on compostion, colours, the sun flare, etc. You should print it big (larger than an 8x12). Would look awesome.

#17 basketballfreak6

basketballfreak6

Master

• Atomican
  • 795 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:42 AM

thanks gabber for the kind words ^^

#18 Antraman

Antraman

Champion

• Atomican
  • 4,627 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:07 AM

yeah man, nice. why don't my sky shots look like that....?

#19 basketballfreak6

basketballfreak6

Master

• Atomican
  • 795 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:17 AM

yeah man, nice. why don't my sky shots look like that....?

it's frustrating eh, i rarely get good sky too, apparently last couple days been really nice in brisbane (so my friends tell me) but i was at work all weekend until 6pm both days so missed sunset, there were couple other days not long ago not only did the sky had nice clouds but there was this really nice orangy/purple glow...but i had to go out for family dinner so i missed it and one was work again...

#20 Antraman

Antraman

Champion

• Atomican
  • 4,627 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 08:19 AM

you're in Bris to eh? Yeah Sunday there was some awesome mackerel skies in the afternoon. I was at wiork too and had my camera with me, but the site I was at had too much ground clutter for a sky shot and I couldn't relocate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users