• Please log in to reply
616 replies to this topic

#261 Genisis X

Genisis X

Journeyman

• Atomican
  • 5,890 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:41 PM

Fuck you're getting good at those macro insect shots dude. The first one is awesome! -X
"We were being told that we must become what we are not, sacrificing what we are to inherit the masquerade of what we will be. I was being told to accept the identity that others will give me. And I wondered, what made my dreams so easy to dismiss?" Shane Koyczan

#262 basketballfreak6

basketballfreak6

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 778 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:35 PM

thanks Genisis :P the hoverfly was coorperative and perched long enough for me to get a good shot the wasps on the other hand a little jittery lol, not to mention so windy today and they are scary lol

#263 basketballfreak6

basketballfreak6

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 778 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:10 PM

went for a stroll at Oxley Creek Commons today, was windy as hell, didn't help the sun was coming in and out of the clouds

all manual focus, hand held and natural light had to jack shutter speed all the way up to 1/800 just to help stop motion

Posted Image
Butterfly by basketballfreak6, on Flickr

Posted Image

Posted Image

#264 Mr.Twinkie

Mr.Twinkie

Charge

• Atomican
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:49 PM

You make insects bloody jewels of beauty and prestige.
Posted Image

"Ignorance is a luxury that you cannot afford"

-somebody

#265 basketballfreak6

basketballfreak6

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 778 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:42 AM

thanks Mr Twinkie :P

#266 basketballfreak6

basketballfreak6

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 778 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:17 PM

Posted Image
Lady Bug by basketballfreak6, on Flickr

was calm until i saw the lady bug then it started to get windy ffs

#267 basketballfreak6

basketballfreak6

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 778 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:11 AM

Posted Image
Jumping Spider by basketballfreak6, on Flickr

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#268 Adicolour

Adicolour

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 660 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:36 PM

Those last few of the spider are FANTASTIC!, i want me a macro lens now.
“Jealousy is that pain which a man feels from the apprehension that he is not equally beloved by the person whom he entirely loves” Joseph Addison

#269 stadl

stadl

Apprentice

• Super Hero
  • 8,789 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:43 PM

The second to last spider one is incredible.

A device so simple that it took a mind as brilliant as mine to create it! So brilliant, in fact, that simply by harnessing the power of one live frog, it... it... uhh... <poke> <poke> ... World domination has encountered a momentary setback. Talk amongst yourselves.

#270 Antraman

Antraman

Journeyman

• Atomican
  • 4,627 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:19 PM

Yep - second last one is the pick of the bunch - I'd probably crop a cm or 2 off the edges on the top, bot and left to bring it in closer, but nevertheless, very nice shot. Do you ever see the movie Rango? The town undertaker looks like that guy...8-)

Edited by Antraman, 31 March 2012 - 09:20 PM.

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us...

#271 Cummings

Cummings

Journeyman

• Hero
  • 7,179 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:36 PM

What a beard on that little guy! And the curve of the leaf provides a very nice combined fore and background.
"It was not the person that locked up his invention in his scrutoire that ought to profit by a patent for such an invention, but he who brought it forth for the benefit of the public." - William Murray (Lord Mansfield) New Rule: If you have to think about RTMing something, then you don't need to RTM it.

#272 basketballfreak6

basketballfreak6

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 778 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:01 PM

thanks guys, it was a shy little fella, i tried to get it to climb onto my finger but it won't have any of it lol i was actually bit disappointed i didn't get more shots, mainly because i only had about 4-5 hr sleep night before (damn screwed up body clock) and was feeling a bit shaky struggling to get the focus right on the shots lol...been looking for jumpers for awhile so was so happy to see one

#273 Genisis X

Genisis X

Journeyman

• Atomican
  • 5,890 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

The ladybug one is perfect! -X
"We were being told that we must become what we are not, sacrificing what we are to inherit the masquerade of what we will be. I was being told to accept the identity that others will give me. And I wondered, what made my dreams so easy to dismiss?" Shane Koyczan

#274 basketballfreak6

basketballfreak6

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 778 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:13 PM

my 2nd ever couple's portrait...tell me what you guys think :)

Posted Image
01a by basketballfreak6, on Flickr

Posted Image
03 by basketballfreak6, on Flickr

Posted Image
05 by basketballfreak6, on Flickr

Posted Image
11 by basketballfreak6, on Flickr

Posted Image
15b by basketballfreak6, on Flickr

Posted Image
16 by basketballfreak6, on Flickr

Posted Image
17 by basketballfreak6, on Flickr

Posted Image
18 by basketballfreak6, on Flickr

Posted Image
23 by basketballfreak6, on Flickr

rest here: http://www.flickr.co...57629799534103/

Edited by basketballfreak6, 12 April 2012 - 10:15 PM.

#275 stadl

stadl

Apprentice

• Super Hero
  • 8,789 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:27 PM

01a: bit of a classic theme, but really well done, B&W I like,
although as a scroll up and down, I think I like it better cut off before the white ceiling at the top

05: Beautiful shot I think the DOF and exposure is just right foir my taste.
Separate issue, the expressions are mixed - he's deeply into the hug, while she'd flirting with the photographer - but I also find that mixture really interesting - I think it works as an interesting photo, but maybe not as a wedding/romantic photo.

16: this one I really love the scene. The framing, the journey, the railway into the distance, the colours (they are the only blue in the shot, so they pop out a bit) and the slightly whimsical/shildish way they are balancing on the track.

23: awesome - both technically and subjectively. Exposure etc is all nice, and it has location, romance, night time (and it even looks a bit like they are on a boat - even more romantic)

The others are good shots too, but these 4 I really liked.

A device so simple that it took a mind as brilliant as mine to create it! So brilliant, in fact, that simply by harnessing the power of one live frog, it... it... uhh... <poke> <poke> ... World domination has encountered a momentary setback. Talk amongst yourselves.

#276 basketballfreak6

basketballfreak6

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 778 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

01a: bit of a classic theme, but really well done, B&W I like,
although as a scroll up and down, I think I like it better cut off before the white ceiling at the top

05: Beautiful shot I think the DOF and exposure is just right foir my taste.
Separate issue, the expressions are mixed - he's deeply into the hug, while she'd flirting with the photographer - but I also find that mixture really interesting - I think it works as an interesting photo, but maybe not as a wedding/romantic photo.

16: this one I really love the scene. The framing, the journey, the railway into the distance, the colours (they are the only blue in the shot, so they pop out a bit) and the slightly whimsical/shildish way they are balancing on the track.

23: awesome - both technically and subjectively. Exposure etc is all nice, and it has location, romance, night time (and it even looks a bit like they are on a boat - even more romantic)

The others are good shots too, but these 4 I really liked.

thanks for the comments stadl!

#277 discoInferno

discoInferno

Master

• Atomican
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:06 PM

The first three... UQ? And I'm liking 11 - some great shots there.
Intel Core i5 3570K | NZXT Havik 140 | Asus P8Z77-M Pro | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL | Asus GTX670 DCU2 | Sandisk Extreme 120GB SSD | Hitachi Deskstar 2TB HDD | Corsair AX-650 | Silverstone FT03B | Lite-On DL-4ETS Slot Load Slim Blu-ray | Apple Aluminium Keyboard | Logitech G5 | Dell U2412M

#278 basketballfreak6

basketballfreak6

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 778 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:21 PM

The first three... UQ?

And I'm liking 11 - some great shots there.

yep it's UQ, thanks disco :)

#279 Antraman

Antraman

Journeyman

• Atomican
  • 4,627 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:05 AM

5 is good...she looks cheeky...the lighting is good and the skin tones are lovely and creamy. I like 11 coz of what it invokes. But I think 17 is the best...its like a classic shot. The process you used for the colour on the day railway shots...seems to be a bit of a vintage 70's film look there...
Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us...

#280 basketballfreak6

basketballfreak6

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 778 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:25 AM

5 is good...she looks cheeky...the lighting is good and the skin tones are lovely and creamy. I like 11 coz of what it invokes.

But I think 17 is the best...its like a classic shot.

The process you used for the colour on the day railway shots...seems to be a
bit of a vintage 70's film look there...

thanks Antraman!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users