• Please log in to reply
4526 replies to this topic

#1401 nesquick

nesquick

Learner

• Atomican
  • 19,783 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:51 PM

This game has fucking destroyed my sleep patterns completely.

Haha, same, it's ridiculously addictive.

It wil destroy my live. Scrimmed X5 last night and barely lost to them with the all new guys who have never really scrimmed before so the 1st ladder of the season is looking good for us. 2 of my old clan mates have turned up on team immunity's team which is interesting :P

Cant wait!

Nice man. I want to scrim soon but haven't really had a chance. I'm too inconsistent to be valuable to a good clan at the moment. Some games I'll top the board by a heap and play like a boss, and some I just can't get my eye in. WTB consistency :P

playing scrims is different to playing pub, you'd find you would probably be very consistent in a scrim playing as a good engineer repairing your teams tank/ifv and destroying the opponents would go a long way to help winning overall.
STEAM/BC2 name: AllNightmareLong

#1402 Aktavite

Aktavite

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 321 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:51 PM

I never said that.

But I can be objective about the calls of OP in general. For me I dont give a crap about 'OP'. There is always a counter. Play smarter. Of course that doesnt mean that there may be balance issues. Not denying that. But the individual items should retain some individuality. There needs to be something different between the weapons for example. It may have a slight advanatgae in one area but have a disadvantage in another area. The skill and fun comes from working out what the relative advantages and disadvanatages of each item are. Thats part of the allure of BF. It is supposed to reward that perseverance. When you have cries of op op then this is gone. Everything becomes bland and predictable.

My point is that the game has been out for a couple of days. My second point is that the guns in BC2 all ended up being basically pretty bland with nothing to really differentiate them in terms of each wepoan having a relative advantage or disadvantage. Look what happened to the M16 after all the whining. Was the final assault unlock and it was nerfed to the point of it being virtually useless and more inaccurate than a full auto gun. Look at the AN94 - was nerfed beyond belief because of some whiny kids crying OP OP depite not understanding that it was a difficult weapon to master that actually rewarded AIMING correctly not just spraying. Oh no we cant have a weapon that actually encourages and supports aiming. How OP. Lets encourage the causual spray and pray gamer and not disadvantage them. 3rd point is that just because you feel something is OP doesnt make it so! If you think a gun is OP then why dont you use it? Maybe a particular weapon is being used a lot - that doesnt mean its OP - it may mean that people like it, that they find it easy to master and so forth. The way some people tell it if more than 3 people are using a weapon on a server then it must be OP.

Its worth keeping in mind thats one mans buff may well be another mans nerf.

And yet every person playing the Assault class seems to walk around with the F2000. This gun doesn't seem to encourage aiming, far from it. Death is quick at the hands of the spray and prayer.

#1403 Brock

Brock

Charge

• Atomican
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:55 PM

Haha, same, it's ridiculously addictive.

It wil destroy my live. Scrimmed X5 last night and barely lost to them with the all new guys who have never really scrimmed before so the 1st ladder of the season is looking good for us. 2 of my old clan mates have turned up on team immunity's team which is interesting :P

Cant wait!

Nice man. I want to scrim soon but haven't really had a chance. I'm too inconsistent to be valuable to a good clan at the moment. Some games I'll top the board by a heap and play like a boss, and some I just can't get my eye in. WTB consistency :P

playing scrims is different to playing pub, you'd find you would probably be very consistent in a scrim playing as a good engineer repairing your teams tank/ifv and destroying the opponents would go a long way to help winning overall.

Good point. We'll see :)

And yet every person playing the Assault class seems to walk around with the F2000. This gun doesn't seem to encourage aiming, far from it. Death is quick at the hands of the spray and prayer.

I agree on that one; used the F2k for one round and loved the shit out of it because it was so easy to use, didn't use it again because of that reason. :P

I'm finding the AN-94 to be fun to use, it definitely needs ADS to be effective and it's not an easy gun to master either which is nice. Quite accurate when used right though.

#1404 Ezkaton

Ezkaton

Master

• Atomican
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:00 PM

*snip*.

Not me! I roll with the AEK.
Unlocked everything for it though so I've gone back to the starting weapons to unlock all the items for them, then work my way through the guns slowly.

Tried the F2000 once, and didn't really like it.

Edited by Ezkaton, 03 November 2011 - 05:01 PM.

#1405 Genders

Genders

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 841 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:39 PM

I picked it up for $69NZD from Armageddon Expo New Zealand. I've played 45 seconds of team death match, got killed, got a medal and 200xp. I then get booted and banned from that server? It was a random Asia server. Then EA backend goes offline for two hours for maintenance. I've played mostly the campaign so far. Took way too long to install, takes a while to get in game. Fun... Is my understanding right that most of the servers are clan based and your booted if not recognised or have a high ping / lag. Can you make your own game for yourself and friends only? Are ON3 Network good and open for noobs? Not had any of that great trailer fun yet! I'm GENDERS online, can't change that.
BF3: GENDERS | STEAM: -MINION- | DESURA: -MINION- Intel i5 3570k | Corsair H50 | Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H rev 1.1 | Corsair 8GB Vengeance PC3 12800 | Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce| 4x WD250GB | RAID10 | CORSAIR 650watt | LANCOOL PC-K62 | Logitech G110 & MX518 | LG IPS237L-BN | WD Elements 1TB Ext |

#1406 fn

fn

Guru

• Quark
  • 91 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:42 PM

+1

Sadly the most true fact about bf3.
2500k,D-14,Z68A-GD55,Agil3 OS,f3,Evga GTX580,650d,8GB Corsair. If i could turn back time.. 2500k, H20 620, Z68A-GD55, f3, 2x MSI TwinFrozr 6950's,Lan Li, 8GB G.skill. ^and stop products being sold out haha.

#1407 aliali

aliali

Learner

• Super Hero
  • 23,536 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:05 PM

I picked it up for $69NZD from Armageddon Expo New Zealand. I've played 45 seconds of team death match, got killed, got a medal and 200xp. I then get booted and banned from that server? It was a random Asia server.
Then EA backend goes offline for two hours for maintenance. I've played mostly the campaign so far. Took way too long to install, takes a while to get in game.
Fun...

Is my understanding right that most of the servers are clan based and your booted if not recognised or have a high ping / lag. Can you make your own game for yourself and friends only?

Are ON3 Network good and open for noobs? Not had any of that great trailer fun yet!

I'm GENDERS online, can't change that.

Nope I would say most servers are ISP/Game server host run. When picking a server make sure you have Oceania filter ticked and for heavens sake check the ping column as some EU and USA servers seem to get past the Oceania filter.
Boot and ban may be because the server admin is a jerk (does happen) or you had a high ping and he didn't want you coming back on.
Also some people have been having issues with punkbuster not updating properly so do a manual update as described here
http://www.evenbalan...age=pbsetup.php and make sure it is enabled in your game options.
http://battlelog.bat...54774009962541/
She's going to be really smart, very savvy, haunting good looks, really good at her job. And kind of slutty.

#1408 Genders

Genders

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 841 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:10 PM

I picked it up for $69NZD from Armageddon Expo New Zealand. I've played 45 seconds of team death match, got killed, got a medal and 200xp. I then get booted and banned from that server? It was a random Asia server.
Then EA backend goes offline for two hours for maintenance. I've played mostly the campaign so far. Took way too long to install, takes a while to get in game.
Fun...

Is my understanding right that most of the servers are clan based and your booted if not recognised or have a high ping / lag. Can you make your own game for yourself and friends only?

Are ON3 Network good and open for noobs? Not had any of that great trailer fun yet!

I'm GENDERS online, can't change that.

Nope I would say most servers are ISP/Game server host run. When picking a server make sure you have Oceania filter ticked and for heavens sake check the ping column as some EU and USA servers seem to get past the Oceania filter.
Boot and ban may be because the server admin is a jerk (does happen) or you had a high ping and he didn't want you coming back on.
Also some people have been having issues with punkbuster not updating properly so do a manual update as described here
http://www.evenbalan...age=pbsetup.php and make sure it is enabled in your game options.
http://battlelog.bat...54774009962541/

Thanks for the advice, I'll have a look into those settings and my ping.
BF3: GENDERS | STEAM: -MINION- | DESURA: -MINION- Intel i5 3570k | Corsair H50 | Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H rev 1.1 | Corsair 8GB Vengeance PC3 12800 | Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce| 4x WD250GB | RAID10 | CORSAIR 650watt | LANCOOL PC-K62 | Logitech G110 & MX518 | LG IPS237L-BN | WD Elements 1TB Ext |

#1409 powermaniac7

powermaniac7

Colossus

• Lurker
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:49 PM

-Admin/Mods delete this post...

Edited by powermaniac7, 03 November 2011 - 08:08 PM.

#1410 fn

fn

Guru

• Quark
  • 91 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:10 PM

SV98, hardcore. No possible way for more fun. With the largest zoom scope im running round like i have the f2000. In close quarters.. i got 2 in a row 2 birds with 1 stone (2 guys 1 bullet).. Very fun. My pc crashed before the round ended :( a real bugger because bf3 doesnt record anything until the end of the game.
2500k,D-14,Z68A-GD55,Agil3 OS,f3,Evga GTX580,650d,8GB Corsair. If i could turn back time.. 2500k, H20 620, Z68A-GD55, f3, 2x MSI TwinFrozr 6950's,Lan Li, 8GB G.skill. ^and stop products being sold out haha.

#1411 Aktavite

Aktavite

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 321 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:31 PM

The game is losing it's gloss. Maybe it's coming up against higher level opponents. But dying upon spawning is no fun. I put a couple of rounds into someone and then died from his knife. I hit someone with a vehicle and they didn't take any damage, in fact they turned around and shot me. Dying to people who are magically hidden by objects and there is no way I can see them, but they get a full view of me. These sorts of thing remove the fun.

#1412 drawesome

drawesome

Champion

• Atomican
  • 225 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:53 AM

Alienware DogTags
http://www.alienware...-item-giveaway/

OriginID: MrStoolboy / SteamID: stooliog -  EX-i7-2600K @ 4.8Ghz is Dead /New i5 4690 + WF3 290-OC @ Stock 1040mhz/1250mhz

#1413 Brock

Brock

Charge

• Atomican
  • 2,591 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:33 AM

The game is losing it's gloss. Maybe it's coming up against higher level opponents. But dying upon spawning is no fun. I put a couple of rounds into someone and then died from his knife. I hit someone with a vehicle and they didn't take any damage, in fact they turned around and shot me. Dying to people who are magically hidden by objects and there is no way I can see them, but they get a full view of me.

These sorts of thing remove the fun.

I've had that happen to me quite a few times as well; the vehicle thing, it's odd that sometimes it will run them over and kill them, and others it won't.

But I can't agree with your last comment on people being hidden behind objects and killing you. That's just you not taking enough care when you move from cover to cover, or not being aware enough. You'll get that problem in every FPS.

#1414 Director

Director

Initiate

• Hero
  • 37,701 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:40 AM

Getting much more traction playing in 48 player servers....

"The most powerful tool in the hand of the opressor is the mind of the opressed."-- Steve Biko

#1415 NukeJockey

NukeJockey

Learner

• Hero
  • 23,615 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:46 AM

Getting much more traction playing in 48 player servers....

Its the sweet spot imo, 64p is too hectic, 32p is too dead (in conquest) 48p seems a perfect mix.
My Rig: ASUS P67 Sabretooth | i5 2500k w/ Corsair H80 | 8gb G.Skill Ripjaw-X 1866mhz | Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X| NZXT Phantom | Corsair HX850

#1416 mudg3

mudg3

Apprentice

• Atomican
  • 9,053 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:37 AM

So did 6 scrims last night. Went against x5 again and beat them the 2nd round by quite the margin and went up against sequential gaming last night as well and completely rolled them in the 1st round. The 2nd everyone was like fuark I want to go to bed but they really wanted another so we just ran around shooting shit and lost. Nice to see with a completely fresh clan we are able to push teams like that.
3930K ||Corsair H110 || ASUS Rampage IV ||16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3@1877mhz||ATI 7970||250gb Samsung 840||2x4tb||DELL2711||Corsair 650D|| ASUS Essence STX ||Audio Engine A2's||Aiaiai:TMA-1||Enermax 1050w|| Atomics resident filth

#1417 sm1ddy

sm1ddy

Charge

• Atomican
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:55 AM

The jet mission in single player was such a pile of shit.... You get all pumped up to actually fly the mission but then you only get to control the guns. -_- That said, the singleplayer has been pretty good. I've noticed that the developers were a bit lazy with some mission failure states (e.g: Not stealthing in one part made me drop dead without being shot at all). Overall, a good game though.

#1418 Ezkaton

Ezkaton

Master

• Atomican
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:13 AM

The game is losing it's gloss. Maybe it's coming up against higher level opponents. But dying upon spawning is no fun. I put a couple of rounds into someone and then died from his knife. I hit someone with a vehicle and they didn't take any damage, in fact they turned around and shot me. Dying to people who are magically hidden by objects and there is no way I can see them, but they get a full view of me.

These sorts of thing remove the fun.

I find this problem in most online FPS.

People shoot bullets from their face and not from their actual weapon.

They can be crouched in a window or behind a ledge and you can barely see the very tip of their head while they have a full view of you, as on their screen their weapon is over the window or ledge.

#1419 mark84

mark84

Journeyman

• Hero
  • 5,683 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:24 AM

Does crouching improve recoil/aim accuracy? Almost everyone I encounter just stands there and spams and has just as good a chance of hitting me as I them. Maybe I just fail at aiming.

Desktop: i7 4770K @ 4.4GHz | R9 295X2 | 16GB RAM | 120GB + 250GB SSDs | 2x 4TB HDD in RAID1

Server: AMD E-350 | 50GB SSD | 2x 2TB RAID1

Firefox AtomicMPC Menu | The Truth About Graphics Power Requirements V2 | Desktop build log

#1420 mudg3

mudg3

Apprentice

• Atomican
  • 9,053 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:44 AM

Does crouching improve recoil/aim accuracy?

Almost everyone I encounter just stands there and spams and has just as good a chance of hitting me as I them.
Maybe I just fail at aiming.

Yeah it does help. Being prone makes it even better.
3930K ||Corsair H110 || ASUS Rampage IV ||16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3@1877mhz||ATI 7970||250gb Samsung 840||2x4tb||DELL2711||Corsair 650D|| ASUS Essence STX ||Audio Engine A2's||Aiaiai:TMA-1||Enermax 1050w|| Atomics resident filth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users