445 replies to this topic

#221 Nich...

Nich...

Lemon Tart

• Mod
  • 41,332 posts
  • Interests:Professional Tart

Posted 01 May 2012 - 01:54 AM

If it doesn't conflict with treatment options (or other personal stuff, I guess), I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one happy to chip in to fly you both down for a small holiday.

"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#222 mykl_c

mykl_c

Banoffee Pie

• Hero
  • 6,634 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:41 PM

If it doesn't conflict with treatment options (or other personal stuff, I guess), I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one happy to chip in to fly you both down for a small holiday.

And there again we see why you are an Atomic Super Hero (ASH!). I can't see his mum smiling at that one, but who can say how he'll be at that time?
ISAIAH 58:8 "Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke? Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter—when you see the naked, to clothe him,and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?"

#223 Nich...

Nich...

Lemon Tart

• Mod
  • 41,332 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:28 PM

Just as an FYI, I'm still waiting to hear back from Workshop. That being said, if that falls through - and there's still a fair bit of time until late July - Puggs will be good enough for some nostalgia.

Also, I wanted to make clear for the interstate people.

http://www.stalactites.com.au/

24-hour souvlakia/gyros. For post-drink noms.

Just sayin'.

"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#224 hectorbustnuts

hectorbustnuts

Canelé

• Super Hero
  • 30,402 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:31 PM

Fuck. Yes. Souvas to die for, right there.

#225 Nich...

Nich...

Lemon Tart

• Mod
  • 41,332 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:33 PM

Also, as far as people who will be down on Friday and Sunday, some options for places to visit over the weekend - including Saturday for lunch:

Robot
Gin Palace
Chez Regine
Spleen
Mana Bar
The Local Taphouse

#226 Gharphield

Gharphield

Canelé

• Super Hero
  • 30,066 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:52 PM

I am in your capable hands ladies and gents :)
You shoulda tapped

#227 twents

twents

Croissant

• Atomican
  • 624 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:07 PM

i possibly might come, havnt read all 12 pages tho, i guess youll just edit the OP?
BF3 name: FREEZINBONES Battletag (WoW D3): FREEZIN#1668 Steam: FREEZINBONES 2500k @ 4.6, 7970 @ 1150/1650, HX750, P8p67 pro, Sandisk/Patriot SSD/Ram, Xonar DG N40L, z2300's, desklamp, mousepad, old shit desk.

#228 hectorbustnuts

hectorbustnuts

Canelé

• Super Hero
  • 30,402 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:10 PM

I am in your capable hands ladies and gents :)

Cups Garphield gently.

#229 Nich...

Nich...

Lemon Tart

• Mod
  • 41,332 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:37 PM

i possibly might come, havnt read all 12 pages tho, i guess youll just edit the OP?

I'll put info on the main event in the OP as I confirm it. So far that's only the date. Hopefully in the next week or few I'll be able to confirm the location.

Don't let the lack of confirmed venue stop anyone from making plans, tho'.

I'm undecided on whether sideshows should go in here and thus in the OP, or get their own thread. So far it seems like most of them will be organised via Facebook/elsewhere, tho'.

#230 ReapermanRS

ReapermanRS

Éclair

• Atomican
  • 3,193 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Drinking, Sleeping.

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:59 PM

I shall be in Melbourne for approximately 10 days since I need to take a week of to attend anyway I thought I might as well make it a proper holiday.
08/11/2012 the day the music died.

#231 lunchbox1988

lunchbox1988

Apple Strudel

• Atomican
  • 8,429 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:42 AM

I might not be able to attend anymore, all future money has been ear-marked for Thailand / SE Asia holiday next year... will do what I can, bt mark me as a probably no for now. Sorry

#232 Chuck Norris(good actor

Chuck Norris(good actor

Canelé

• Hero
  • 32,237 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:18 AM

Also, as far as people who will be down on Friday and Sunday, some options for places to visit over the weekend - including Saturday for lunch:

Robot
Gin Palace
Chez Regine
Spleen
Mana Bar
The Local Taphouse

One does not simply leave The Local Taphouse for another venue.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed."

#233 Caelum

Caelum

Canelé

• Hero
  • 16,997 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:21 AM

I used to live just around the corner from the local.... Never actually ended up going there though!
6hax

#234 Chuck Norris(good actor

Chuck Norris(good actor

Canelé

• Hero
  • 32,237 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:19 PM

If I lived just around the corner from the Sydney one I think I'd have liver failure.
"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed."

#235 Nich...

Nich...

Lemon Tart

• Mod
  • 41,332 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:30 AM

Someone should totally make sure thetap/thedrake knows about this. And will be there.

#236 Saponification

Saponification

Contributor

• Super Hero
  • 38,838 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:43 PM

Robot
Gin Palace
Chez Regine
Spleen
Mana Bar
The Local Taphouse

They do if it's for a venue with 200+ whiskies on the menu. In Mordor.

#237 Cybes

Cybes

Apple Strudel

• Atomican
  • 15,104 posts
  • Interests:Staying mentally active

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

...One drink to rule them all..?

"Reality does not care what you think." - Dr Richard Feynman

"If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea..." - Antoine de Saint Exupery [quoted by Niel DeGrasse Tyson, talking about space travel]

#238 Dread Emperor

Dread Emperor

Bearclaw

• Atomican
  • 353 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:01 PM

Expressing interest in attending this get together. NFI if I can attend yet, my roster doesn't cover that far till Hamer Hall re-opens.
Main rig - CPU: Core-i7 3820 / Mobo: MSI X79A-GD45 (8D) / RAM: Patriot Viper Xtreme Div.2 PXD38G1866ELK 8G Kit(4GBx2) DDR3 1866 / GPU: Powercolor HD7970 / Storage: Sandisk Extreme 240GB SSD / Audio: Audio Engine D1 DAC + 5+ stereo speakers / Case: Coolermaster Storm Scout / Monitor: Viewsonic VX2268wm Speedtest: http://www.speedtest.../2152574849.png

#239 Chuck Norris(good actor

Chuck Norris(good actor

Canelé

• Hero
  • 32,237 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:02 PM

Robot
Gin Palace
Chez Regine
Spleen
Mana Bar
The Local Taphouse

I love whisky bars.. but not after beer cafes I've done it a few times... ends badly.

#240 Cybes

Cybes

Apple Strudel

• Atomican
  • 15,104 posts
  • Interests:Staying mentally active

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:38 PM

Is there an official venue yet? If you tell me where I'm going before Friday, I can get my hotel at a substantial discount. (Substantial enough to endanger my attendance if I don't get it.) Seriously guys, you've had half a year.

"Reality does not care what you think." - Dr Richard Feynman

"If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea..." - Antoine de Saint Exupery [quoted by Niel DeGrasse Tyson, talking about space travel]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users