• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bowlen

bowlen

Charge

• Atomican
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 03:12 PM

So recently when I have been turning on my Mac:Mini, it has been defaulting to "Automatically hide the Dock". Now I have to go into the settings and change this almost every time I turn it on (it is random). Does anyone know what would be causing this to default back to auto hide the dock when I am not, and also not aware of anything that would be changing this setting.

Intel i7 3770k | Corsair 32GB Kit DDR3 | Vengeance C9 1600MHz | Samsung 250gb SSD | WD Caviar Green 3tb | WD Caviar Green 2tb | Seagate Barracuda 4tb | WD Black 2TB | AFOX GeForce GTX660 | TI ASRock Z77 Fatal1ty | Professional LGA1155 ATX | Thermaltake Chaser A31 USB3.0 Black Mid Tower | Samsung 21.5" HD LED x 2 | Corsair AX860 860W 80PLUS

#2 ghostRAIDEN

ghostRAIDEN

Colossus

• Lurker
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:40 AM

You can try trashing the dock pref by going to terminal and typing ~/library this will open user library. Scroll down until you find the "Prefrences" folder. Put the view to list view if it's not set that way already because it will make navigation easier. Next look for the pref file named "com.apple.dock.plist" & "com.apple.dock.plist.lockfile". Once you have found these files highlight them then drag them to the trash. Or Ctrl+Click and move to trash. Finally restart your machine, this will make OS X return the dock plist file to default by crating a new one automattically. Hopefully that fixes it. Cheers. NOTE: Changes you have made to dock i.e. the application shortcuts you had on the dock will need to re added, and ones you removed will need to be removed again, few minutes extra work :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users