• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 satyricon11

satyricon11

Immortal

• Quark
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

so for multiple reasons that I won't get into, I decided it was best to wipe my hard drive clean using DBAN. The problem was that I forgot to plug in my laptop and my battery died about halfway through. So using the only other computer I have, which happens to be a netbook with Ubuntu on it, I downloaded an .ISO of windows xp and booted it onto my flashdrive. When I booted up into the startup installation screen, Windows gave me an error saying that I needed to format my hdd to NTFS. When I entered that Windows said that it detected my hdd was corrupt and unfixable. What do to? If I plug in my laptop into the wall and run DBAN again and do a complete wipe then try installing would that fix it?

#2 A Hitman

A Hitman

Master

• Atomican
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:12 PM

Use a linux live cd and re-partition the HDD?
not working is hard work

#3 satyricon11

satyricon11

Immortal

• Quark
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:14 PM

That's what I'm about to do. I'll repost & update

#4 aliali

aliali

Learner

• Super Hero
  • 23,500 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:34 PM

so for multiple reasons that I won't get into, I decided it was best to wipe my hard drive clean using DBAN.

Can't understand why people fuck around with this sort of shit. Just format the drive during the windows reinstall is all you need to do FFS.
She's going to be really smart, very savvy, haunting good looks, really good at her job. And kind of slutty.

#5 Caelum

Caelum

Learner

• Hero
  • 16,997 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 09:43 PM

Unless you genuinely need to destroy the data, rather than just overwriting it slowly over time...
6hax

#6 satyricon11

satyricon11

Immortal

• Quark
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:08 AM

Just updating everyone, I fixed the problem. I actually found a windows installation disk and installed from that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users