• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 deadpeep

deadpeep

Banoffee Pie

• Atomican
  • 6,032 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:27 PM

I have been playing Saints Row recently. I got the cdkey off a friend a few months ago and haven't had any problems. Today however I notice the game is missing from my library. It shows it as recently played, but it's not in my owned games list (not even on my profile). Anyway, I haven't had any contact from Steam and I'm wondering if anyone knows if this means it was a dodgy cdkey or if there's any way I can get the game back?

#2 PointZeroOne

PointZeroOne

Crash Test Dummy

• Atomican
  • 3,458 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:44 PM

Is the files install in your steamapps\common folder?
Posted Image@PointZeroOne

Spoiler

#3 tantryl

tantryl

Lemon Tart

• Super Hero
  • 41,933 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:58 PM

Some other bastard logged into their Steam account on your PC?
"Unless I call you a stupid goddamn liar to your face, I'm being light hearted." - tantryl, to all you evil fucks "Two things. Number one; I get hard when a woman cries. Number two; your daughter will never walk again." - Dr Glenn Richie

#4 deadpeep

deadpeep

Banoffee Pie

• Atomican
  • 6,032 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:07 PM

Still in my steamapps folder. I'm guessing it was a dodgy cd key I was given and steam have removed it from my games, but I find it odd I didn't get a message about it

#5 Blue Fire

Blue Fire

Banoffee Pie

• Atomican
  • 4,448 posts
  • Interests:Sci-Fi, Sci-Fi, Sci-Fi

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:36 PM

I assume you have already tried restarting Steam?

If you have and the game is still missing from the library, best course of action would be to submit a ticket to Steam Support. If you don't have a Support account, you will need to create one. Unfortunately, your Steam and Steam Support accounts are two seperate accounts, so once you have submitted your ticket/matter, it could take a few days before you get a reply.

In the meantime, I suggest finding out where your friend got the key from.

Edited by Blue Fire, 16 March 2012 - 09:39 PM.

PC Specs: i5 750 @ 2.67GHZ | GA-P55 UD3 | 4GB Patriot 1600 DDR3 | 1GB Sapphire HD5850 | Pioneer DVR218BKx2 | CT Audigy ZS 7.1 | Corsair 650W TXAU | Lian-Li K62 | Philips 17" 170S6FS_7S

If you don't know your computer, you don't own it.

#6 aliali

aliali

Canelé

• Super Hero
  • 23,477 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:23 AM

If you don't have a Support account, you will need to create one. Unfortunately, your Steam and Steam Support accounts are two seperate accounts,

This is deliberate on the part of Valve so that you can access Steam support if your main Steam account gets hijacked (happened to me some years ago).
She's going to be really smart, very savvy, haunting good looks, really good at her job. And kind of slutty.

#7 Nich...

Nich...

Lemon Tart

• Mod
  • 41,365 posts
  • Interests:Professional Tart

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:01 AM

What happens when you run it from the steamapps folder?

"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#8 deadpeep

deadpeep

Banoffee Pie

• Atomican
  • 6,032 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:17 AM

takes me to the store page :< Now to find a not-too-expensive way of getting it!

#9 martyr

martyr

Macaron

• Atomican
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:21 AM

I'd follow it up with Steam Support first before buying again - no point wasting money if its just some error that occurred. If it was a bad key i would have expected it to fail registration in the first place.
Q6600@3.00Ghz/Prolimatech Megahalems w/ Coolermaster 2000RPM 19Dba FAN/Corsair 4x2GB 800Mhz DDR2/Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P/Inno3D GTX580 1.5Gb/OCZ Agility 3 240Gb/Corsair TX-750/Antec 900

#10 NukeJockey

NukeJockey

Canelé

• Hero
  • 23,615 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:03 AM

takes me to the store page :<

Now to find a not-too-expensive way of getting it!

If the key was known as stolen, I can't see why they wouldn't lock the account, drop steam support a ticket, otherwise grab it from here for $24

If you don't have a Support account, you will need to create one. Unfortunately, your Steam and Steam Support accounts are two seperate accounts,

This is deliberate on the part of Valve so that you can access Steam support if your main Steam account gets hijacked (happened to me some years ago).

Annoying, but definitely very handy. They never used to have an option in their forms to add your account name, which used to be a pain as you had to include it in your first message or else wait 24-48 hours for them to ask you for it lol.

Edited by NukeJockey, 20 March 2012 - 08:02 AM.

My Rig: ASUS P67 Sabretooth | i5 2500k w/ Corsair H80 | 8gb G.Skill Ripjaw-X 1866mhz | Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X| NZXT Phantom | Corsair HX850

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users