• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Triggerhappy

Triggerhappy

Journeyman

• Atomican
  • 5,484 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:24 AM

Just asking, has anyone tried a live TV program or app for a tablet. The tv in the bedroom died :-/ Thanks in advance.

#2 TheFrunj

TheFrunj

Apprentice

• Atomican
  • 14,177 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:07 PM

Not live, I've only messed around with stuff like ABC's iView. Can't see why they wouldn't work though, if such an app exists. Might have to go to the TV station website to stream through Flash player.
"TheFrunj doesn't guess, when he forms words with his lips, the world will Warp and change to do his bidding." - Shikimaru No longer writing for Atomic :( http://forums.atomic...showtopic=49899

#3 NightOwl

NightOwl

Journeyman

• Hero
  • 5,778 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:52 PM

I've tried Elgato Tivizen on iPad and it's quite a nifty little device. Its basically a portable receiver that emits programming wirelessly to any device within range. Theres a free app download for ipad, so theres sure to be one for your device as well. Not sure if that's what you're after though..... you'll need to purchase the receiver, which is around the $150 mark (I believe). I don't own one, so I can't say what it's track record is like, but for the time I was connected to it ... worked really well.
Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition No. 76

#4 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Apprentice

• Atomican
  • 9,647 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:16 PM

If the tablet supports Flash, most Aussie TV stations do have their shows online in some form. Of course, iPads don't support Flash.
Resident KatyCat Smartphone: HTC Trophy T8686 - WP 7.10.8107.79 (aka Mango updated) Netbook: ASUS EEE PC 1015PN - Win7 Pro, Intel N550@1.5Ghz, 2GB RAM, 250GB WD SATA, nVidia ION2 Laptop: Win8 Home x64, Intel i5-430 @ 2.26Ghz, 4GB RAM, 240GB Corsair SSD, nVidia Geforce GT310 1GB Work PC: Win7 Pro x86, Intel Q9550@2.83Ghz, 4GB RAM, 2 x 250GB SATA, nVidia Quadro FX1700, 600W PSU

#5 NightOwl

NightOwl

Journeyman

• Hero
  • 5,778 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:36 PM

If the tablet supports Flash, most Aussie TV stations do have their shows online in some form. Of course, iPads don't support Flash.

Relevance = 0. He's not using an iPad and I prefer to watch TV on my 55" 3D baby over a 10" tablet.
Every once in a while, declare peace. It confuses the hell out of your enemies. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition No. 76

#6 thesorehead

thesorehead

Apprentice

• Atomican
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 02:24 PM

... I prefer to watch TV on my 55" 3D baby ...

relevance = 0. I'm real happy for you and I'mma let you finish, but OP is asking for TV solutions using a tablet because:

The tv in the bedroom died :-/

Triggerhappy - what tablet are you using?

Edited by thesorehead, 21 March 2012 - 02:27 PM.

"Be Excellent to each other." - Bill and Ted Got my PS3 - now I need a 360 for teh gaems.

#7 Triggerhappy

Triggerhappy

Journeyman

• Atomican
  • 5,484 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:11 PM

Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Android 3.2 I am sure there would be something, like an app or a site. To watch live tv.

#8 thesorehead

thesorehead

Apprentice

• Atomican
  • 8,750 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:06 PM

Man I'd say you're outta luck if you're just after an application. AFAIK no FTA channels livestream their broadcasts; and there's no TV tuner for that tablet either. An alternative approach: a quick search turns up heaps of remote desktop apps for Android - find one that works well for audio and video. Then just get a TV tuner for your PC! :--] Do your research, <$60 solution.
"Be Excellent to each other." - Bill and Ted Got my PS3 - now I need a 360 for teh gaems.

#9 TheFrunj

TheFrunj

Apprentice

• Atomican
  • 14,177 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:05 PM

We just got a release for the Hauppage Broadway that will stream from an Aerial over Wifi to an iPad using the app, and to any android device using Flash.

http://www.atomicmpc...au/136_Broadway
"TheFrunj doesn't guess, when he forms words with his lips, the world will Warp and change to do his bidding." - Shikimaru No longer writing for Atomic :( http://forums.atomic...showtopic=49899

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users