• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 alexdtree

alexdtree

Croissant

• Atomican
  • 544 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:13 AM

So today i was looking at my fine collection of limited edition gaming stuff that i have.
Im such a closet nerd that it just sits in my cupboard and no one really sees it.
I figured there must be lots of people with certain collections who rarely get to show them off!.
So i figured why not have a thread in the same league as "Show us your rig".

So yeah show us what you collect and are proud of, it can be anything from bottlecaps, trading cards, gaming t-shirts, old cpu's you name it!
Posted Image

Edit: Added image.

Edited by alexdtree, 18 March 2012 - 02:55 PM.

Slyblackninja

#2 GhostFaceKilla

GhostFaceKilla

Éclair

• Atomican
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:14 PM

You wanna start by showing yours? Some choice items?

#3 alexdtree

alexdtree

Croissant

• Atomican
  • 544 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:02 PM

You wanna start by showing yours? Some choice items?

As soon as i get home ill throw up a shot, you can expect to see some.
Asassins creed, shogun, splinter cell, napolean total war, COD, Battlefield, alone in the dark, WOW.
Slyblackninja

#4 Ezkaton

Ezkaton

Macaron

• Atomican
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 05:59 PM

This reminds me of a 4chan thread. HEY GUYS SHOW ME THIS. Pic unrelated. Or in this case; no pic at all.

Edited by Ezkaton, 17 March 2012 - 05:59 PM.

#5 Harmonic Cacophony

Harmonic Cacophony

Apple Strudel

• Atomican
  • 12,823 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:18 PM

Posted Image

#6 alexdtree

alexdtree

Croissant

• Atomican
  • 544 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:56 PM

photos up finnaly included what i thought was the most interesting items. Harmonic didnt even know a buff board game existed! But i also found out the other day there is a walking dead board game :P
Slyblackninja

#7 hectorbustnuts

hectorbustnuts

Canelé

• Super Hero
  • 30,402 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:01 AM

I collect DVDs. (There's about a dozen more films than in that pic now and another 3 stands of just TV shows in different room, too)

I collect comics/trade paperbacks/books. (There's five longboxes of comics in the cupboard, a bunch of books *behind* the ones shown there, too)

I collect comic art. (There's a few pieces not shown on the wall to the left above my PC)

I collect toys/collectibles/figures/Lego/stuff.

-------------------------------------------------------

Also, there are 2 "Walking Dead" board games, one based on the comic license, on on the TV license.

Edited by hectorbustnuts, 19 March 2012 - 07:03 AM.

#8 DonutKing

DonutKing

Éclair

• Hero
  • 3,837 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:52 AM

I already posted mine over here: http://forums.atomic...showtopic=47945
486DX4-100|16MB|ET4000W32/P VLB|GUS Classic|CT2800 SB16+XR385|DOS6.22 386DX-40|8MB|ET4000|CT1690 SBPRO+Sony CDU33A|Music Quest MPU401|Roland SC55+MT32|DOS5 286-10|1MB|ATI EGA WONDER|1987 Adlib|Roland LAPC-I|CT1300 CMS|Above Board 2MB EMS|ST251 42MB|DOS3.3 AMIGA 1200|ACA1230/42 64MB|1084S AMIGA 500|A501 512KB

#9 alexdtree

alexdtree

Croissant

• Atomican
  • 544 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:46 PM

I collect DVDs. (There's about a dozen more films than in that pic now and another 3 stands of just TV shows in different room, too)

I collect comics/trade paperbacks/books. (There's five longboxes of comics in the cupboard, a bunch of books *behind* the ones shown there, too)

I collect comic art. (There's a few pieces not shown on the wall to the left above my PC)

I collect toys/collectibles/figures/Lego/stuff.

-------------------------------------------------------

Also, there are 2 "Walking Dead" board games, one based on the comic license, on on the TV license.

So jealous of the light saber models! sweet collection.
Slyblackninja

#10 once_i_was_a_maggot

once_i_was_a_maggot

Éclair

• Atomican
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:51 PM

Maybe you should buy a vacuum instead of more games :P
Now I'm a super fly!

#11 hectorbustnuts

hectorbustnuts

Canelé

• Super Hero
  • 30,402 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:07 PM

Teeheehee!

#12 alexdtree

alexdtree

Croissant

• Atomican
  • 544 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:35 PM

You should see the rest of the room! :P
Slyblackninja

#13 NukeJockey

NukeJockey

Canelé

• Hero
  • 23,615 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:59 AM

I only have Frontlines Fuel of War, Stalker SOC and Alone in the Dark collectors editions (Which I got cheap, with the exception of stalker), we pay far too much for games in Aus as is without having to pay extra for crappy merchandise.

Edited by NukeJockey, 20 March 2012 - 08:00 AM.

My Rig: ASUS P67 Sabretooth | i5 2500k w/ Corsair H80 | 8gb G.Skill Ripjaw-X 1866mhz | Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X| NZXT Phantom | Corsair HX850

#14 alexdtree

alexdtree

Croissant

• Atomican
  • 544 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:43 AM

I only have Frontlines Fuel of War, Stalker SOC and Alone in the Dark collectors editions (Which I got cheap, with the exception of stalker), we pay far too much for games in Aus as is without having to pay extra for crappy merchandise.

Yeah alot of the collectors i have, cost upwards of $100.
Fortunately the majority of items i got when my parents used to pay for everything.
I think from now on ill probably just stick to true collectors items and my favourite franchises.
Slyblackninja

#15 gabber

gabber

Macaron

• Atomican
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:50 PM

Wow Hector, mighty sweet dvd collection. Make's me want to take a photo all of mine :p

"In the next century, nations as we know it will be obsolete; all states will recognize a single global authority. National sovereignty wasn't such a great idea after all." Strobe Talbott, 1992

"Oh Lord. protect this rocket house and all who dwell within the rocket house." Homer Simpson

#16 Cold E@rth

Cold E@rth

Croissant

• Atomican
  • 890 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:02 PM

I'm sure I did this in another thread a long time ago, but this would be an update.

Like Hector, I also collect DVDs. I have 4 bookcases worth (warning: the files are around 2MB each): 1, 2, 3 & 4.

(And also like Hector, they are in alphabetical order, and are a royal PITA to shift around if I buy new ones :P)

I haven't been spending as much on them as I used to, and I prefer not to buy Blu-Ray (probably me being a little OCD about having it all in the same format).

CE out.
I left the womb for this?

#17 hectorbustnuts

hectorbustnuts

Canelé

• Super Hero
  • 30,402 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 06:31 PM

VERY nice, dude! I'm envious! And yeah, re-arranging to slot new purchases in is a fucking nightmare!

#18 Thylacine

Thylacine

Banoffee Pie

• Atomican
  • 6,347 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:02 AM

Very nice! I'm a collector too, though I've had to curtail my habit, by buying cupboards for them, so that if I find I can't fit any more, I have a sell-off :-) I'd love to just keep expanding it, but considering I'd never have the time to watch them all, and with an 18 month old and another one the way, other things to spend time and money on these days. I still love to know I own the movies etc I love. No photos at the moment, but currently up to 558 DVDs and 201 BDs (that includes movies, TV, docos, music etc). How many would you have CE, do you know?
"Day man, aaAAAaaaa, fighter of the night man, aaAAAaaaa. Champion of the sun, you're a master of karate and friendship for everyone!"

#19 Cold E@rth

Cold E@rth

Croissant

• Atomican
  • 890 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:17 AM

How many would you have CE, do you know?

According to my list: 1377.

This btw is just the number of 'packages' I have, and isn't the number of movies/TV shows I have. A few of the box sets I have contain more than 1 movie (eg. double packs, triple packs, etc.). If I count it like that, I may have over 1500.

And like you Thylacine, I haven't watched it all - maybe only 60% (and that's being generous).

CE out.
I left the womb for this?

#20 clung3

clung3

Bearclaw

• Atomican
  • 284 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:54 AM

Jesus hector/Cold, when you guys move house you're going to be in for a real treat. :p I can't contribute to this; the only hard copy games I have left (collectors editions at least) are Unreal Tournament 3, Age of Conan, World of Warcraft and Tabula Rasa (lol that didn't last long...) Everything else I made backups of and threw out, boxes were fucked anyway. Like many others I would buy more hard copy stuff if it wasn't so damn expensive here :(
s3x.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users