• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 hawkeye

hawkeye

Apple Strudel

• God
  • 11,055 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:51 PM

Well, it's up to you, I guess - and my answer's probably a touch biased! But you'll find a lot more content going up on there. Got big hopes...
aka David Hollingworth, Managing Editor - Atomic, Hyper, PC & Tech Authority, PC PowerPlay "Hawkeyes pants were like the pants of a deity. Touching them I was in sudden communion with all of pantskind. The ancestral trouser crawling from the murk of time, the fierce battle pant scourging the infidel, the quiet meditation of the monks pants at dawn." - Hlass

#22 Betzie

Betzie

Apple Strudel

• Atomican
  • 9,144 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:07 PM

fair enuf hawkeye, just offering up some discussion rathur than trolling ;) Atomic being a unique product and so is OCAU and Hardforum (I'm sure there are a few others) To stimulate the marketspace is worthwhile for both the business interests and the community alike. The saying "be greatfull for what you have got" shits me to tears. If I had a shit sandwich why the fuck would I be greatfull for it? (not insinuating Atomic is a shit sandwich btw..) There is great potential in the Atomic forums, its a long way behind the main players but also has a lot of added value to offer. Appreciate the feedback tho David, No doubt one day someone will find a way to take the .au tech scene to the next level, hopefully Atomic will lead the way ;) Oh and anyone with a hot and barely legal niece send me a PM... Stupid Google chrome didn't pick my shitty spelling up well enuf. *edit Betz for God 2012!

Edited by Betzie, 19 March 2012 - 02:09 PM.

Cognitive Hazard 

#23 Nich...

Nich...

Lemon Tart

• Mod
  • 41,337 posts
  • Interests:Professional Tart

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:50 PM

While it'd be great to see, say, OCAU, Atomic and Whingepool all merge, each forum has such different vibes that I think it'd get weird and angsty so quickly. Not to mention PCPP would feel left out :<

"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#24 hawkeye

hawkeye

Apple Strudel

• God
  • 11,055 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:51 PM

Hey, now there's an idea...
aka David Hollingworth, Managing Editor - Atomic, Hyper, PC & Tech Authority, PC PowerPlay "Hawkeyes pants were like the pants of a deity. Touching them I was in sudden communion with all of pantskind. The ancestral trouser crawling from the murk of time, the fierce battle pant scourging the infidel, the quiet meditation of the monks pants at dawn." - Hlass

#25 ReapermanRS

ReapermanRS

Éclair

• Atomican
  • 3,193 posts
  • Interests:Eating, Drinking, Sleeping.

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:18 PM

While it'd be great to see, say, OCAU, Atomic and Whingepool all merge, each forum has such different vibes that I think it'd get weird and angsty so quickly. Not to mention PCPP would feel left out :<

They can stay left out. I decided to go trolling yesterday but apparently it's going to take three weeks to reset my password.
08/11/2012 the day the music died.

#26 TheSingularity

TheSingularity

Croissant

• Atomican
  • 974 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:36 PM

Err...OCAU and HardForum are connected...Never noticed that before...? Why not just join PC&Tech Authority to Atomic...Considering they are owned by the same guys right? Never really joined OCAU I think that was the one I've looked around before...Or was it... I only otherwise frequent another slow forum but one with some very smart people that being Binary Revolution, the thing is if you ask a question on there they answer you at times with incredible brilliant and intelligent answers...Although its a hacking/phreaking forum.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Salvor Hardin, Foundation Series, Isaac Asimov

#27 hawkeye

hawkeye

Apple Strudel

• God
  • 11,055 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:38 PM

The reason we keep it separate, and I think this is important, is that we aim at very different readerships. For that to work, we'd have to really harden up our rules - what the Atomic users think is okay would make the average PCA reader faint!

#28 TheSingularity

TheSingularity

Croissant

• Atomican
  • 974 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:42 PM

The reason we keep it separate, and I think this is important, is that we aim at very different readerships. For that to work, we'd have to really harden up our rules - what the Atomic users think is okay would make the average PCA reader faint!

...They would faint...Lets do ittttt than! =P

I'm confused as to what they would faint over, can you give me an example please, I get both newsletters so. =D
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Salvor Hardin, Foundation Series, Isaac Asimov

#29 ReapermanRS

ReapermanRS

Éclair

• Atomican
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:44 PM

I'd like to see the look on the average PCA readers face if they saw a LN2 Overclocking session :)

I really don't know what everyone is complaining about. Considering that Atomic isn't an international (or is it) brand and that it does in many ways fill a niche (although I'm all for the hot neices if they are about) I think the site traffic is fairly reasonable, I know it's not what it used to be but then very few sites, let alone forums manage to survive 11 odd years.

#30 hawkeye

hawkeye

Apple Strudel

• God
  • 11,055 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:02 PM

I'm confused as to what they would faint over, can you give me an example please, I get both newsletters so. =D

Well, the newsletters are different to the forums... are you suggesting the site's merge? Or the Forums?

Considering that Atomic isn't an international (or is it) brand and that it does in many ways fill a niche (although I'm all for the hot neices if they are about) I think the site traffic is fairly reasonable, I know it's not what it used to be but then very few sites, let alone forums manage to survive 11 odd years.

Again, are you confusing 'the site' with 'the forum'? Atomic traffic is fantastic at the moment, while forum traffic is going down. And a goodly portion of site traffic is in fact global.

#31 ReapermanRS

ReapermanRS

Éclair

• Atomican
  • 3,193 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:10 PM

I was talking about the mag actually, the mag being the reason most of us came to the forums in the first place.

#32 hawkeye

hawkeye

Apple Strudel

• God
  • 11,055 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:13 PM

Ah, that wasn't that clear :) Yeah, the mag is purely local, but it is worth mentioning that the front page gets a lot of international traffic.

#33 TheSingularity

TheSingularity

Croissant

• Atomican
  • 974 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:36 PM

Well, the newsletters are different to the forums... are you suggesting the site's merge? Or the Forums?

Talking about the Forums merge...Discovered via Mag stayed for the front page at first now staying mainly for the forums although depends when I have money to upgrade then I go back to the front page same with games I'm interested in. =D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users