• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 majestic975

majestic975

Croissant

• Atomican
  • 776 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

HI When are these mice being sent to subscribers? Asking as I still havent received it yet. Thanks.

#2 majestic975

majestic975

Croissant

• Atomican
  • 776 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:50 PM

Not sure what happened but this got posted twice. Can a mod please delete one? Thanks

Edited by majestic975, 30 March 2012 - 03:50 PM.

#3 hawkeye

hawkeye

Apple Strudel

• God
  • 11,055 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 04:01 PM

I'll get our subs guy to look into this :)
aka David Hollingworth, Managing Editor - Atomic, Hyper, PC & Tech Authority, PC PowerPlay "Hawkeyes pants were like the pants of a deity. Touching them I was in sudden communion with all of pantskind. The ancestral trouser crawling from the murk of time, the fierce battle pant scourging the infidel, the quiet meditation of the monks pants at dawn." - Hlass

#4 majestic975

majestic975

Croissant

• Atomican
  • 776 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

Ok thanks. Can you post an update once you have more info? Thanks.

#5 meowkitty

meowkitty

Macaron

• Atomican
  • 1,504 posts
  • Interests:Internet, Atomic, WoW.

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:43 PM

I'll get our subs guy to look into this :)

Can you clarify, the main text (headline) said subcribers and the smaller text said new subscibers.
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, GB GTX480 OC with Arctic Cooling Accelero Hybrid LCS, Zalman CNPS9900MAX, 2x 8GB G.Skill Ares 1600MHz, 1x 500GB Seagate 6GB/s (For OS), 1x 120GB Corsair Neutron, GB 870A-UD3, Thermaltake EVO Blue 650W PSU, Thermaltake V9 (2 high flow fans in front of case 140 & 120 mm),

#6 PointZeroOne

PointZeroOne

Crash Test Dummy

• Atomican
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:26 PM

we're supposed to have gotten them by now? I didn't even pay attention as to when that was to happen or when the first mag of my subscription was supposed to start.....I really need to pay more attention to things.
Posted Image@PointZeroOne

Spoiler

#7 Blue Fire

Blue Fire

Banoffee Pie

• Atomican
  • 4,448 posts
  • Interests:Sci-Fi, Sci-Fi, Sci-Fi

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

Always something shady going on with the sub offers, which is why I haven't bothered to renew mine. Didn't even get my damn t-shirt.

Edited by Blue Fire, 02 April 2012 - 01:49 PM.

PC Specs: i5 750 @ 2.67GHZ | GA-P55 UD3 | 4GB Patriot 1600 DDR3 | 1GB Sapphire HD5850 | Pioneer DVR218BKx2 | CT Audigy ZS 7.1 | Corsair 650W TXAU | Lian-Li K62 | Philips 17" 170S6FS_7S

If you don't know your computer, you don't own it.

#8 majestic975

majestic975

Croissant

• Atomican
  • 776 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

we're supposed to have gotten them by now?

I didn't even pay attention as to when that was to happen or when the first mag of my subscription was supposed to start.....I really need to pay more attention to things.

They sent me a letter to say I'll receive it in 6-8 weeks, this was at the end of January.

#9 PointZeroOne

PointZeroOne

Crash Test Dummy

• Atomican
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

So, have these started to be sent out yet?

Spoiler

#10 Atomics_son

Atomics_son

Cupcake

• God
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:44 PM

Hello, Hello... First of all in response to this, glad so many people liked the offer! Who wouldn't? To give you all some background, we were provided with limited stock of the mice, which far exceeded the normal response to a promo like this. The fact it was limited was mentioned on all promo. I mention this not as an excuse, but an explanation of how these things are never precise. Of course, this then turned into our biggest promo for subs since...well probably the first issue. Consequently, we provided the first influx with mice, and have run out of our stock allocation. There are only a small number of you affected, but knowing that obviously won't please anyone. I'm trying to weigh up what to do next, and should have that sorted in the next few days. Anyone who has missed out will then receive a letter, probably by the end of next week. Of course, I could just raid Davids desk and see what nuggets of goodness I find... Apologies for the delay, but rest assured we value subscribers and want to make sure you keep supporting us. Any q's send to subs@atomicmpc.com.au and I'll respond to them all. Cheers, PV

#11 PointZeroOne

PointZeroOne

Crash Test Dummy

• Atomican
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:56 PM

Ah thanks for the info. I see now looking at the email about the subscription offer in small print(yay small print) it says the amount limit

Spoiler

#12 xphyre

xphyre

Snotblock

• Lurker
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:47 PM

I did see something about the limit - I believe it was 70? I could be wrong, but I do seem to remember that limit on the subscriber terms and conditions on one of the online links (where it also mentioned the two subscriber codes that would be eligible). So (assuming that I am correct on the number), has someone here at least received one? More importantly - if we *were* in the group that *did* receive one, should we have received it by now? I know that I was personally a bit later than I would have liked in terms of when I subscribed, but I'd say these questions will get asked. Thank you very much for updating us - it's good knowing a bit more about the status, and much appreciated. I'll hold off on getting a new mouse until I hear of what the next step is. PS. I hope I don't come off too annoyed (obviously disappointed), but I am honestly glad that we've got an update.

#13 hawkeye

hawkeye

Apple Strudel

• God
  • 11,055 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 03:48 PM

Touch my nuggets and we're going to have a problem.
aka David Hollingworth, Managing Editor - Atomic, Hyper, PC & Tech Authority, PC PowerPlay "Hawkeyes pants were like the pants of a deity. Touching them I was in sudden communion with all of pantskind. The ancestral trouser crawling from the murk of time, the fierce battle pant scourging the infidel, the quiet meditation of the monks pants at dawn." - Hlass

#14 meowkitty

meowkitty

Macaron

• Atomican
  • 1,504 posts
  • Interests:Internet, Atomic, WoW.

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:01 PM

Touch my nuggets and we're going to have a problem.

one mans problem....
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, GB GTX480 OC with Arctic Cooling Accelero Hybrid LCS, Zalman CNPS9900MAX, 2x 8GB G.Skill Ares 1600MHz, 1x 500GB Seagate 6GB/s (For OS), 1x 120GB Corsair Neutron, GB 870A-UD3, Thermaltake EVO Blue 650W PSU, Thermaltake V9 (2 high flow fans in front of case 140 & 120 mm),

#15 Spriggan

Spriggan

Apple Strudel

• Atomican
  • 8,523 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:17 PM

"generic dick smith comparison " :P
(\__/) (='.'=) (")_(")

#16 hawkeye

hawkeye

Apple Strudel

• God
  • 11,055 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:30 AM

Okay, so the skinny is we've sent out all the mice - those who have made it before we ran out should have it now. We're now looking into some alternative for those missed out. If you have any queries, please email subs@atomicmpc.com.au; alternately, I believe our subs guy will be in touch soon :)

#17 majestic975

majestic975

Croissant

• Atomican
  • 776 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

Hi Thanks for the replies and the update. Interesting spin on things though, as the letter I received from the subs people didn't mention anything about 'a limited' supply being available, just that I should receive the mouse in 6-8 weeks. Leading me to believe that I will be receiving the mouse in this timeframe. I'll check the letter again and the magazine advertisment for the small print, to see if I missed out on reading the bit about a limited supply being available. I subscribed over the phone and the person on the phone didnt mention anything about there only being a certain numbers of mice available. If there were only 70 mice available, shouldnt the ad in the mag look something like this: Available to the first 70 subscribers . ? Anyway, just saying as I had to do a course on Trade Practices in Australia last week, so I learnt a few things :)

#18 Spriggan

Spriggan

Apple Strudel

• Atomican
  • 8,523 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

did you end up checking up on this ?
(\__/) (='.'=) (")_(")

#19 xphyre

xphyre

Snotblock

• Lurker
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:06 PM

did you end up checking up on this ?

I sent an email on Friday night, haven't had a letter or an email as of yet.

#20 majestic975

majestic975

Croissant

• Atomican
  • 776 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:38 AM

Yes, they have been pretty slack regarding this issue. I had a look at the magazine, and it does say that every new subscriber will get the mouse, then in fine print (as pointed out by one of the mods on here) that its limited to the first 70 new subscribers, but you wouldnt really notice the fine print unless you looked pretty hard , I certainly didnt. To be honest most new subscribers wouldnt've noticed the fine print anyway, unless you had a magnifying glass. So in good faith I subscribed, expecting a shiny new mouse. They even sent me a letter telling me to expect it in 6-8 weeks. If it was limited to a certain number of subscribers they should have made it more obvious and also told new subscribers when the 70 mice have run out, not subscribe and then be told that you're not getting it. Its quite misleading i think. I've been subscribing for quite a few years now and signed up again for a further 3 years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users