• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 rayman82

rayman82

Éclair

• Atomican
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:29 AM

Hey guys, Got a problem here hopefully someone can give me a hint on what's going on. I've was running a wireless update for my firmware on my Samsung Galaxy SII (GT-I9100G). Everything seems fine until the phone rebooted itself it and it got stuck on the flash screen. I left the phone on the splash screen for nearly an hour and realise nothing was happening so I decide to restart my phone. After several restarts I decided to get into the Android system recovery (VOL UP+Power+Home). I've wiped the phone several times but nothing seems to work. After doing some searches on the Internet it was suggested that I should try and install the firmware again through ODIN3. Here lies the second problem. I've followed the procedures however ODIN doesn't seem to be able to pick up my phone in the program. I've installed the Samsung USB driver several times already (Uninstall the previous version/restart/install new driver/restart) but ODIN is still unable to pick up the phone (tried several versions of ODIN as well) Anyone got any suggestions on what should I do to get my phone working again? Kind Regards,

#2 NukeJockey

NukeJockey

Canelé

• Hero
  • 23,615 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:39 AM

I had a similar problem dude, ODIN wouldn't pick my phone up on my desktop, ended up plugging in my laptop and it was detected on there.
My Rig: ASUS P67 Sabretooth | i5 2500k w/ Corsair H80 | 8gb G.Skill Ripjaw-X 1866mhz | Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X| NZXT Phantom | Corsair HX850

#3 rayman82

rayman82

Éclair

• Atomican
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:30 AM

I had a similar problem dude, ODIN wouldn't pick my phone up on my desktop, ended up plugging in my laptop and it was detected on there.

Did that... We have three laptops; tried the Samsung drivers just by itself and the Kies drivers on all three laptops but still the same problem.

#4 CptnChrysler

CptnChrysler

Macaron

• Atomican
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:41 PM

I use an I9000 (Galaxy S) and the download mode is accessed via [Vol Down]+[Home]+[Power] rather than the [Vol Up] key you specified, the [Vol Up] key combo boots me into ClockWorkMod recovery.
Download mode looks like this on my phone.
Posted Image
You want the download mode for flashing via Odin. I find I need to boot into download mode then connect the USB cable for the phone to be properly recognised on my PC.
[Edit] Ensure Kies is disabled during your efforts to flash the phone.

Edited by CptnChrysler, 01 April 2012 - 01:00 PM.

Everyone's entitled to my opinion! I've got the T-Shirt to prove it.

#5 rayman82

rayman82

Éclair

• Atomican
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:37 PM

Hey guys, Thanks a lot for the tips, just some heads up made some progress thanks to CaptnChrysler. However, I'm now facing another problem. Whenever I tried to fail any firmware (Including Gingerbread 2.3.5) It fails in ODIN. I've made sure the Kies is disabled (even uninstalled). Tried different Gingerbread 2.3.6 and it still reads FAIL in ODIN. It even Soft Brick itself at one point luckily read somewhere allowing me to unbrick it. Any more suggestions guys? Cheers

#6 CptnChrysler

CptnChrysler

Macaron

• Atomican
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

Can't offer any more advice short of saying double check the ROM you are trying to flash is correct for your phone and isn't corrupt.
You may need to tick the format option if the phone is seriously borked. I've had to do that when flashing different ROMS.
Everyone's entitled to my opinion! I've got the T-Shirt to prove it.

#7 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Apple Strudel

• Atomican
  • 9,647 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:23 PM

Someone at work bricked a Samsung SG, and couldn't get the thing working again.
Resident KatyCat Smartphone: HTC Trophy T8686 - WP 7.10.8107.79 (aka Mango updated) Netbook: ASUS EEE PC 1015PN - Win7 Pro, Intel N550@1.5Ghz, 2GB RAM, 250GB WD SATA, nVidia ION2 Laptop: Win8 Home x64, Intel i5-430 @ 2.26Ghz, 4GB RAM, 240GB Corsair SSD, nVidia Geforce GT310 1GB Work PC: Win7 Pro x86, Intel Q9550@2.83Ghz, 4GB RAM, 2 x 250GB SATA, nVidia Quadro FX1700, 600W PSU

#8 arkiek

arkiek

Bearclaw

• Atomican
  • 301 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:41 PM

have you tried following this guide?
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1075278
it is extremely useful, also make sure it's i9100g firmware not i9100/i9100t firmaware, they have different processors and GPU's so they aren't cross compatible
i9100g firmware download
"you atomicans are never more nimble than when i'm throwing shit at you" hawkeye at atomic unlocked sydney

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users