• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 meowkitty

meowkitty

Vanilla Slice

• Atomican
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

I have noted that this week just gone, many of your links in articles are opening in the same window. it would be tops it this was new tab or just new window. don't make be go back to ctrl + shift + clicking links.

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, GB Radion R9 285, Zalman CNPS9900MAX, 2x 8GB G.Skill Ares 1600MHz, 1x 2TB Seagate 6GB/s (For OS), 1x 120GB Corsair Neutron, GB 970A-D3P, Corsair RM750, Corsair 750D

#2 A Hitman

A Hitman

Vanilla Slice

• Atomican
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

You don't have a middle mouse button?
not working is hard work

#3 NukeJockey

NukeJockey

Canelé

• Hero
  • 23,615 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

I just use the middle mouse button, have been for years, I've seen people that manually right click and open link in new tab too :P
My Rig: ASUS P67 Sabretooth | i5 2500k w/ Corsair H80 | 8gb G.Skill Ripjaw-X 1866mhz | Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X| NZXT Phantom | Corsair HX850

#4 PointZeroOne

PointZeroOne

Crash Test Dummy

• Atomican
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

I like to mix things up a bit. Sometimes I'll middle click, other times I'll ctrl + left click. Keeps it interesting.

Edited by PointZeroOne, 02 April 2012 - 03:02 PM.

AzpUvwG.png - @PointZeroOne
psn.png - PointZeroOne-AI

icon_steam.gif - PointZeroOne

#5 hawkeye

hawkeye

Shun the nonbeliever

• God
  • 11,110 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

You wild man, you.
aka David Hollingworth, Managing Editor - Atomic, Hyper, PC & Tech Authority, PC PowerPlay "Hawkeyes pants were like the pants of a deity. Touching them I was in sudden communion with all of pantskind. The ancestral trouser crawling from the murk of time, the fierce battle pant scourging the infidel, the quiet meditation of the monks pants at dawn." - Hlass

#6 mudg3

mudg3

Egg-free Dairy-free 'Cheesecake'

• Atomican
  • 9,053 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:02 PM

I have noted that this week just gone, many of your links in articles are opening in the same window.
it would be tops it this was new tab or just new window.

don't make be go back to ctrl + shift + clicking links.

How do I puter.
3930K ||Corsair H110 || ASUS Rampage IV ||16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3@1877mhz||ATI 7970||250gb Samsung 840||2x4tb||DELL2711||Corsair 650D|| ASUS Essence STX ||Audio Engine A2's||Aiaiai:TMA-1||Enermax 1050w|| Atomics resident filth

#7 meowkitty

meowkitty

Vanilla Slice

• Atomican
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

I just use the middle mouse button, have been for years, I've seen people that manually right click and open link in new tab too :P

sure, I could do that.
but the modus atomerandi was to open in new window. confirmed as at 15/03/2012.
but now it opens in the same window, either requireing me to use 2 hands or click more.

my feedback is, [pauline hanson voice] I don't like it* [/pauline hansen voice]

*my shopping trolley's murdered, my groceries all gone.

I have noted that this week just gone, many of your links in articles are opening in the same window.
it would be tops it this was new tab or just new window.

don't make be go back to ctrl + shift + clicking links.

How do I puter.

Sorry, Ctrl + Shift + Left click link = open in new tab in background. for the opera users out there.

I like to mix things up a bit.

Sometimes I'll middle click, other times I'll ctrl + left click.

Keeps it interesting.

Depends on time of night and if the wife is int he room.

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, GB Radion R9 285, Zalman CNPS9900MAX, 2x 8GB G.Skill Ares 1600MHz, 1x 2TB Seagate 6GB/s (For OS), 1x 120GB Corsair Neutron, GB 970A-D3P, Corsair RM750, Corsair 750D

#8 bushi

bushi

• Atomican
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:25 PM

This is your chance to get used to middle clicking. I believe in you!
http://bfbc2.statsve...pc/squatter.png i7 875k | Intel DP55KG | 6GB G-Skill Pi | Inno3D GTX580 1GB | 120GB Intel 520 + 1.5TB (+ 1.5TB backup) Seagate | Pioneer BDR-206BK | Auzentech Prelude 7.1 | Hauppauge 2200 PVR | Corsair AX750 | Silverstone FT-02BW

#9 TheFrunj

TheFrunj

• Atomican
  • 14,186 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:42 PM

I try to make all my story links open in new windows/tabs, but it's an extra step for each hyperlink so it may not happen all the time. Best bet is as above, just hold control as you left click :) Or better yet, get a mouse gestures addon like Firegestures and use that.
"TheFrunj doesn't guess, when he forms words with his lips, the world will Warp and change to do his bidding." - Shikimaru No longer writing for Atomic :( http://forums.atomic...showtopic=49899

#10 hawkeye

hawkeye

Shun the nonbeliever

• God
  • 11,110 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:20 PM

Almost snorted Coke out my nose... bless.
aka David Hollingworth, Managing Editor - Atomic, Hyper, PC & Tech Authority, PC PowerPlay "Hawkeyes pants were like the pants of a deity. Touching them I was in sudden communion with all of pantskind. The ancestral trouser crawling from the murk of time, the fierce battle pant scourging the infidel, the quiet meditation of the monks pants at dawn." - Hlass

#11 PointZeroOne

PointZeroOne

Crash Test Dummy

• Atomican
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

silly you are supposed to snort it up your nose, not out.

AzpUvwG.png - @PointZeroOne
psn.png - PointZeroOne-AI

icon_steam.gif - PointZeroOne

#12 hawkeye

hawkeye

Shun the nonbeliever

• God
  • 11,110 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

Second time's the charm!

#13 .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

.:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Hero

• Hero
  • 20,225 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:51 PM

No, default behaviour should always be to open in the same window. Learn to middle click. The only exception is if there's forms that could get lost accidently.

Edited by .:Cyb3rGlitch:., 03 April 2012 - 01:52 PM.

"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan
"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it. - Mark Twain

An open mind is willing to consider new ideas, while provisionally accepting those backed by empirical evidence, and provisionally rejecting those without.

#14 meowkitty

meowkitty

Vanilla Slice

• Atomican
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:34 PM

silly you are supposed to snort it up your nose, not out.

Unless you are Bill steam shovel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users