• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mudman

Mudman

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:53 PM

I've just gone and whimsically bought myself an Alienware M17x because it was there and it was awesome. And it is. Have I made a huge financial blunder? I walked into a Dick Smith's immeadiately after purchasing this and finding I could have bought something similar for around six or seven hundred dollars less, but with slightly less awesome tech that comes with it. Lay it on me atomic. Lay it on me thick. I love this little baby, I actually managed to get it cheaper then Dell advertises on their website and well, yeah, I fall asleep with it in my arms every night. But something still eats at me. Have I been expensively ignorant and blinded by fancy led's and brand names?

#2 .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

.:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Hero

• Mod
  • 20,248 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:59 PM

Do you like it? Check. Could you afford it? Check. Was it worth the price when you handed your money over? Check. Enjoy it and move on.
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan
"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it. - Mark Twain

An open mind is willing to consider new ideas, while provisionally accepting those backed by empirical evidence, and provisionally rejecting those without.

#3 nesquick

nesquick

Titan

• Atomican
  • 19,783 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:51 PM

should last you a while. it depends what GPU you got in it, if its only a 560m then yea maybe you should have gone home and done some research, if you posted here I could have sifted through some dell coupons I know and probably for you $3-500 off but oh well whats done is done.
STEAM/BC2 name: AllNightmareLong

#4 Mudman

Mudman

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:03 AM

Hmmm, you both make good points. At least neither of you has said "Oh hell no, XYZ is heaps better then that rubbish, you poor fool.". So, thank you. I guess I was freaking out a bit too much. I have made a bit of a look around on my own and what makes me happiest about this new laptop of mine is that I shouldn't need to upgrade for a good length of time now. Something about it just feels right and that's why I bought it in the first place, statistics and figures be damned. Cheers guys, you've made me feel heaps better. :) I might even add a pic to the "My latest purchase" thread just for the fun of it. Thanks again. :)

#5 mudg3

mudg3

Guru

• Atomican
  • 9,053 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 10:13 AM

Heh you bought a C63 amg of laptops except you got the upgraded interior version. Still nice and looks great. Wouldn't feel bad at all.
3930K ||Corsair H110 || ASUS Rampage IV ||16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3@1877mhz||ATI 7970||250gb Samsung 840||2x4tb||DELL2711||Corsair 650D|| ASUS Essence STX ||Audio Engine A2's||Aiaiai:TMA-1||Enermax 1050w|| Atomics resident filth

#6 t3hmarz

t3hmarz

Master

• Atomican
  • 958 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

I personally wouldn't go for alienware, but cool for you. I still think they look the best out of all laptops. You can also upgrade your GPU, IIRC they have a MXM slot. Enjoy your shiny new Alienware :)
...but I eated it. the below statement is the truth. the above statement is a lie. -Mario

#7 harhis23

harhis23

Charge

• Atomican
  • 365 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:42 AM

You should have your own reasons why you purchased a gaming laptop. I for myself wouldn't opt for a laptop if it's for gaming but then I spend almost $2000 just to get the specs and performance I need for 24/7 gaming. While others see it as a waste of money, I don't because even if I hand over $1800 cash, it just feels good knowing I got a new rig to entertain me all day. You should have felt the same too. Otherwise, you wouldn't enjoy it and you'll keep thinking of your lost money.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users