Buying content from other iTunes stores

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Zzozzach

Zzozzach

Éclair

• Atomican
  • 3,250 posts
  • Interests:I love torrenting MAME and Pinball emulators. One day I may even use the software.<br /><br />*****<br /><br />Queensland Fire and Rescue Service auxiliary firefighter:<br />Don't play with matches, only WORKING smoke alarms save lives, if your clothes are on fire then stop, drop, and roll.<br /><br />It's the greatest job in the world. Our best days happen when someone else is having their worst one. It feels good to help.<br /><br />*****<br /><br />My day job is primarily concerned with networking and Internet related technologies.<br /><br />I'm an email expert: if you want to send a lot of email, talk to me. I know people.<br /><br />If you have a question related to sending or receiving email, ask me and I can probably help.

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:13 PM

I apologise if this has been answered before but I searched and didn't turn anything up. I want to buy an album but it's apparently only available on the Canadian iTunes store and it just doesn't show up on the Australian one. Is there a way I can do this (short of going through complicated proxying to make it look like I'm coming from a Canadian IP address)?
The poster formerly known as Chazzozz. * Still an enthusiastic Opera user. Try it, you'll like it: http://www.opera.com/download/ * I love torrenting MAME and Pinball emulators. One day I may even use the software.

#2 plebsmacker

plebsmacker

Canelé

• Hero
  • 25,774 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:01 AM

You would need to set up a Canadian store account with a proxy and use an itunes gift card as payment. Out of curiosity what are you after?
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

#3 bowlen

bowlen

Éclair

• Atomican
  • 3,095 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:48 PM

Yeah I believe it is possible but rather difficult. Either Canadian CC or Canadian Gift card and an account registered in Canada.

Intel i7 3770k | Corsair 32GB Kit DDR3 | Vengeance C9 1600MHz | Samsung 250gb SSD | WD Caviar Green 3tb | WD Caviar Green 2tb | Seagate Barracuda 4tb | AFOX GeForce GTX660 | TI ASRock Z77 Fatal1ty | Professional LGA1155 ATX | Thermaltake Chaser A31 USB3.0 Black Mid Tower | Samsung 21.5" HD LED x 2 | Corsair AX860 860W 80PLUS

#4 Zzozzach

Zzozzach

Éclair

• Atomican
  • 3,250 posts
  • Interests:I love torrenting MAME and Pinball emulators. One day I may even use the software.<br /><br />*****<br /><br />Queensland Fire and Rescue Service auxiliary firefighter:<br />Don't play with matches, only WORKING smoke alarms save lives, if your clothes are on fire then stop, drop, and roll.<br /><br />It's the greatest job in the world. Our best days happen when someone else is having their worst one. It feels good to help.<br /><br />*****<br /><br />My day job is primarily concerned with networking and Internet related technologies.<br /><br />I'm an email expert: if you want to send a lot of email, talk to me. I know people.<br /><br />If you have a question related to sending or receiving email, ask me and I can probably help.

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:48 AM

Thanks guys, as I expect it's more trouble than it's really worth. I'm after an album by a Canadian artist. You can buy some of their individual songs here in Australia from various compilation albums, but I want to get a whole album of just the one artist. When I do a web search it comes up on the Canadian iTunes, but it won't appear in the Australian one. I've got relatives in Canada so it might be simpler if I just have them buy it for me and then send me the content so I can import it. I'll have to ensure it's DRM-free first.
The poster formerly known as Chazzozz. * Still an enthusiastic Opera user. Try it, you'll like it: http://www.opera.com/download/ * I love torrenting MAME and Pinball emulators. One day I may even use the software.

#5 SquallStrife

SquallStrife

Really knows where his towel is

• Atomican
  • 16,778 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:10 PM

Thanks guys, as I expect it's more trouble than it's really worth.

I'm after an album by a Canadian artist. You can buy some of their individual songs here in Australia from various compilation albums, but I want to get a whole album of just the one artist. When I do a web search it comes up on the Canadian iTunes, but it won't appear in the Australian one.

I've got relatives in Canada so it might be simpler if I just have them buy it for me and then send me the content so I can import it. I'll have to ensure it's DRM-free first.

All iTunes content is DRM-free, has been for years now.

#6 neosin

neosin

Vanilla Slice

• Quark
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:32 PM

even if you do buy it, you might have sync problems not 100% sure though

#7 ninjacatfish

ninjacatfish

Bearclaw

• Atomican
  • 331 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 03:40 PM

If you get the files from your Canadian friends, they will work on your iTunes/any capable device, as SquallStrife mentioned they're DRM free. Only thing they have is in the information embedded in the file, it shows the email address of the account used to buy it, probably to deter people from buying the album and putting it up on a torrent site or similar. Shouldn't have any trouble syncing, it'll just be another music file same as one downloaded from bandcamp or ripped from a CD.
PC: Intel i5 2500K @4.5GHz | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP RAM | 2x MSI GTX560 Ti Hawk in SLI | MSI P67A-GD65 | 120GB Intel 520 SSD+3TB of HDDs | Silverstone Fortress FT-02 | Dell U2711 + Dell U2311H 15-inch MacBook Pro late-2008: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66GHz | 4GB DDR3 RAM | 320GB HDD | GeForce 9400M + 9600M GT

#8 SquallStrife

SquallStrife

Really knows where his towel is

• Atomican
  • 16,778 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:56 PM

I should clarify, all iTunes MUSIC content.

:)

#9 smakme7757

smakme7757

Éclair

• Atomican
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 03:49 AM

I had exactly the same problem when i was wanting to buy a few albums. I just used Amazon MP3 with a VPN and it worked like a charm. Fucking cheap too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users