• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 hawkeye

hawkeye

Apprentice

• God
  • 11,104 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:28 AM

So, as some of you are aware, we've had a few problems getting our POTM prizes out. What I've normally done is get address details from the winners, passed them on to Razer OS, and the prizes have been sent direct. This, however, has fallen down in recent months, so I just contacted the local external PR for Razer; it appears Razer's gone through some personnel changes, I've not been informed, and that's where the issue has arisen. I'm hoping to get to the bottom of this shortly, and either get back on track with Razer, or find a new POTM sponsor. I'll keep folks informed. Regardless, if you're waiting on a POTM prize, could you email me - dhollingworth@atomicmpc.com.au - with your address and phone contact, so I can get together one updated file on who's missing stuff. If the Razer deal is kaput, I'll do my best to find alternate hardware in the labs, or add similar value on to existing subs, or some other solution that'll see those missing out taken care of. Watch this space.
aka David Hollingworth, Managing Editor - Atomic, Hyper, PC & Tech Authority, PC PowerPlay "Hawkeyes pants were like the pants of a deity. Touching them I was in sudden communion with all of pantskind. The ancestral trouser crawling from the murk of time, the fierce battle pant scourging the infidel, the quiet meditation of the monks pants at dawn." - Hlass

#2 nesquick

nesquick

Learner

• Atomican
  • 19,783 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:48 AM

Apparently I got post of the month for a laptop overclocking guide I did like 4 years ago, I never found out until about 3 years later when smakme commented on me getting potm, kinda funny from my perspective, Im not chasing any prizes (I have a better mouse anyway) just thought I'd say it. regarding prizes you should just send people some random PR junk like stickers or a tshirt or something.

Edited by nesquick, 17 April 2012 - 10:49 AM.

STEAM/BC2 name: AllNightmareLong

#3 iamthemaxx

iamthemaxx

Super Hero

• Super Hero
  • 29,287 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:14 PM

I won miss universe a few years back but they wouldn't give me the crown, so I know how you feel.

#4 mudg3

mudg3

Apprentice

• Atomican
  • 9,053 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:36 PM

Thread nesquick won POTM on : http://forums.atomic...showtopic=17558

http://forums.atomic...showtopic=22793 << POTM old sticky in feedback.

Posted Image

On another note Hawkeye. You are not alone in your situation Razer of the last few months has started re negging on sponsorship's and sending out gear to gaming teams.

Most likely the same people looking after it : /

Edited by mudg3, 17 April 2012 - 01:45 PM.

3930K ||Corsair H110 || ASUS Rampage IV ||16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3@1877mhz||ATI 7970||250gb Samsung 840||2x4tb||DELL2711||Corsair 650D|| ASUS Essence STX ||Audio Engine A2's||Aiaiai:TMA-1||Enermax 1050w|| Atomics resident filth

#5 Nich...

Nich...

Initiate

• Mod
  • 41,757 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:48 PM

I won miss universe a few years back but they wouldn't give me the crown, so I know how you feel.

At least you still have your purdy lips. And hat.

"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#6 elvenwhore

elvenwhore

Apprentice

• Mod
  • 11,442 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:02 PM

Gah, way to link to something I hadn't updated for a couple of months! :-p

But because life is awesome, I just updated it :-) And it's not a sticky, it's an index of once-were-stickies :-)

Everything I say has come before. Everything I say has come before. Wait - dammit! Oh well, I like you more than reject popcorn bits :-)

#7 mudg3

mudg3

Apprentice

• Atomican
  • 9,053 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:12 PM

But because life is awesome, I just updated it :-) And it's not a sticky, it's an index of once-were-stickies :-)

Lol it took me forever to find it. But I was 100% sure that nesquick did win one.
3930K ||Corsair H110 || ASUS Rampage IV ||16GB Corsair Vengence DDR3@1877mhz||ATI 7970||250gb Samsung 840||2x4tb||DELL2711||Corsair 650D|| ASUS Essence STX ||Audio Engine A2's||Aiaiai:TMA-1||Enermax 1050w|| Atomics resident filth

#8 nesquick

nesquick

Learner

• Atomican
  • 19,783 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:03 PM

Lol it took me forever to find it. But I was 100% sure that nesquick did win one.

cheers man.
STEAM/BC2 name: AllNightmareLong

#9 hawkeye

hawkeye

Apprentice

• God
  • 11,104 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:53 AM

Okay, got on top of this. All those who've sent me there deets are getting Razer gear :)
aka David Hollingworth, Managing Editor - Atomic, Hyper, PC & Tech Authority, PC PowerPlay "Hawkeyes pants were like the pants of a deity. Touching them I was in sudden communion with all of pantskind. The ancestral trouser crawling from the murk of time, the fierce battle pant scourging the infidel, the quiet meditation of the monks pants at dawn." - Hlass

#10 tantryl

tantryl

Initiate

• Super Hero
  • 41,933 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:57 AM

Technically I won a second POTM. But the Logitech G5 I got from my first POTM is fine. Can I ask Razer to donate to, say, Mykl's charity?
"Unless I call you a stupid goddamn liar to your face, I'm being light hearted." - tantryl, to all you evil fucks "Two things. Number one; I get hard when a woman cries. Number two; your daughter will never walk again." - Dr Glenn Richie

#11 hawkeye

hawkeye

Apprentice

• God
  • 11,104 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:09 AM

Well, the prize at the moment is gaming headset... But I can ask if you want :)

#12 tantryl

tantryl

Initiate

• Super Hero
  • 41,933 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:02 AM

Mykl's son's 16 and might need to take it easy every now and then... sounds like it might come in handy!
"Unless I call you a stupid goddamn liar to your face, I'm being light hearted." - tantryl, to all you evil fucks "Two things. Number one; I get hard when a woman cries. Number two; your daughter will never walk again." - Dr Glenn Richie

#13 Nich...

Nich...

Initiate

• Mod
  • 41,757 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:54 PM

"wtf is this big box doing here from HK, I didn't order anything this big from DX.... oooh black and green headphones!" A little surprised they're not USB in this day and age, but eh. Will try them out tomorrow or something. Thanks!

"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#14 hawkeye

hawkeye

Apprentice

• God
  • 11,104 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:14 AM

Yeah, you still get that occasionally - weirds me out too!

#15 Nich...

Nich...

Initiate

• Mod
  • 41,757 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:57 PM

They feel really comfortable to wear, which is a nice change from my Beyer DT660s! NFI how they sound, tho' I'd be surprised if it was favourably <.< The lack of USB is really making me scratch my head now - the front mounted audio jacks on my case have never worked, so I typically use an extension cable to swap speakers and cans on the rear jacks. But they won't work with the integrated mic cable (or at least pass through the mic) even if the rear jacks could handle that. Might keep them as my out-and-about pair for use with my phone/laptop. Unless someone wants to swap them for a nice keyboard? ;>

#16 Mr.Twinkie

Mr.Twinkie

Charge

• Atomican
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:29 PM

Apparently the Razer Electra is designed for gaming and music on the go. However I dare not dream myself wearing that thing in public. Produces great sound and comfort though. Gave it to my stepdad, he's having the time of his life with it being a music buff and all. Cheers for the awesome prize!

"Ignorance is a luxury that you cannot afford"

-somebody

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users