• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 bowiee

bowiee

Apple Strudel

• Hero
  • 9,444 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:27 PM

It appears the MARQ is to hold a rally on the 29th of April at Roma street forum, to discuss alleged changes to motorcycle laws by the Queensland government. Which include compulsory wearing of hi vis riding gear (think the postie), and 0% alcohol, rego increase, helmet standards ect. But my google foo has let me down and I cannot find any draft proposal put forward by the Queensland government.

So is this all just rumour ? Gossip out of control ? Or is it as I said, my google foo failing.

Link to MRAQ

#2 martyr

martyr

Macaron

• Atomican
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:32 PM

Wow, hope it is all rumour. Sounds like massive nanny state suggestions there...
Q6600@3.00Ghz/Prolimatech Megahalems w/ Coolermaster 2000RPM 19Dba FAN/Corsair 4x2GB 800Mhz DDR2/Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P/Inno3D GTX580 1.5Gb/OCZ Agility 3 240Gb/Corsair TX-750/Antec 900

#3 fajw

fajw

Useless waste of 0s and 1s

• Atomican't
  • 2,434 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:04 PM

Wow, hope it is all rumour. Sounds like massive nanny state suggestions there...

+1

#4 smadge1

smadge1

Canelé

• Atomican
  • 25,211 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:14 PM

bah, you should just ride around in a big padded suit :P
Put your monkey where your mouth is. These are the voyages of the starship Lucy Liu. What's On My Mind? http://twitter.com/smadge1 http://smadge1.tumblr.com/

#5 aliali

aliali

Canelé

• Super Hero
  • 23,475 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:05 AM

compulsory wearing of hi vis riding gear (think the postie),

Got no problem with that so long as all pedestrians have to wear the same and all motor vehicles have hi vis stripes front, sides and rear.

and 0% alcohol

Again no issue so long as it applies to all vehicle users on public roads, motorised or otherwise, and applies to all pedestrians.

rego increase

So another money grab.

helmet standards ect.

Shouldn't be a problem so long as they are the same standards as the rest of Australia. Would be a bit stupid if their standards meant there had to be special Queensland approved models.
That sounds like a "jobs for the mates" type department.
She's going to be really smart, very savvy, haunting good looks, really good at her job. And kind of slutty.

#6 TinBane

TinBane

Super Hero

• Mod
  • 21,362 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:29 AM

Good to see the new Qld government tackling the big issues? :p
Romans 10:3 absit iniuria verbis

#7 Khirareq

Khirareq

Canelé

• Hero
  • 21,025 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

The only thing I can track down is the 0 BAL %, which is for Learners, Provisional, and Probationary - Not for full license holders There is a LOT of talk about funding programs to raise awareness to riders about safety gear and ensuring people know what to look for, but can't see anything about adjusting the current standards (IIRC, there are about 4 different helmet safety standards in Australia, one of which is for road use - Help educate people about this mess. Also stuff like driving with the headlight on during daylight hours, etc - general stuff) I can't find squat either dude *shrug*
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss

#8 Director

Director

Lemon Tart

• Hero
  • 37,509 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

Good to see the new Qld government tackling the big issues? :p

Yup. Wonder if they're cooking this crap up or just following on form the last idiots?

"The most powerful tool in the hand of the opressor is the mind of the opressed."-- Steve Biko

#9 xnatex

xnatex

Éclair

• Atomican
  • 2,863 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

Didnt the Liberals take majority government in QLD? Whats this left wing shit? Surely this is Gossip and old rumours...

Edited by xnatex, 24 April 2012 - 11:49 AM.

#10 Hlass

Hlass

Apple Strudel

• Hero
  • 14,826 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

Alledged? By whom? From what source?
When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains And the women come down to cut up what remains Roll on your rifle, blow out your brains And go to your God like a soldier.

#11 bowiee

bowiee

Apple Strudel

• Hero
  • 9,444 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

Alledged? By whom? From what source?

Read the link I provided, it shows the Motorcycle Riders Association Queensland is concerned about these issues, I don't know where they got their info from which is why I started this thread to see if anyone can point me to said info. As I asked "is this just rumour" I don't know where the original rumour started or came from, if indeed it is a rumour.

So in effect you are asking the same question as me. ;)

Edited by bowiee, 24 April 2012 - 01:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users