• Please log in to reply
20000 replies to this topic

#19981 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 35,058 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:56 PM

I noticed earlier today, DL'ing now but will try on another machine.

The new rendering sounds promising but my worry is with the extensions.  Half the extensions I use are for browser extensibility that the likes of Vivaldi have built in anyway (like vertical tabs, gestures, blocking Flash).  As much as I'm hoping, I've got real doubts that such things will be standard.  Judging by the pictures I've seen, it's like they've taken on the minimalist Edge philosophy and if anything there'll be feature deletion.

ed - and as usual, they have an annoying stub installer which downloads every time it's run.

Proper offline installers here, I believe we'd probably want the US English version https://www.mozilla....US/firefox/all/

Also... there seems to be a distinct 64 bit version.  No idea if in fact they've created a proper 64 bit version (which would probably render Waterfox obsolete).  Checked the Waterfox page, no movement there yet.

Edited by Rybags, 15 November 2017 - 03:03 PM.

#19982 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 43,271 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:09 PM

Some of those still work/were updated.

If your other machine has the same basic ff setup with extensions/etc, or sync'd via a login, you'll see pretty quick.

One thing to note is that if you used any addons that reimplemented the - whatever it was called, tab groups maybe?  Control + shift + E was the hotkey to access it - then save them to bookmarks or pull them out to the main tab group window before updating.  Previous things that broke that just dumped tabs into the main container window, but atm they're just gone.

https://mozilla.gith...tension-finder/ might be useful for you

"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#19983 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,033 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:31 PM

http://www.straitsti...hen?xtor=CS1-10

MOSCOW (AFP) - Russia's defence ministry on Tuesday (Nov 14) posted images it said proved the US was aiding the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS) militant group in the Middle East, but social media users pointed out they included a still from a videogame.

Some people should really check stuff before they use images of the Internets

Edited by Jeruselem, 15 November 2017 - 05:07 PM.

Having trouble with A [?]OS11.1?

2018 FIFA World Cup Russia - Australia in but Italy, Chile, Netherlands, USA = FAIL.

#19984 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,033 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:15 PM

Goal for Socceroos. Hold on boys!
Honduras are playing dirty football.

2018 FIFA World Cup Russia - Australia in but Italy, Chile, Netherlands, USA = FAIL.

#19985 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,033 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:45 PM

Handball by hondaras defender, penalty goal scored
2 nil
Another blatant penalty, 3 0
We are heading to Russia!

#19986 @~thehung

@~thehung

Guru

• Hero
  • 8,638 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:49 PM

had to be in the most stressful way possible. but yay
no pung intended

#19987 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,033 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:54 PM

That's Australia, we do it the hard way

#19988 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,033 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 11:21 AM

Spent ages trying to working out a networking issue, stupid faulty switch.

#19989 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,033 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 08:43 AM

http://www.sbs.com.a...trophies-africa

It's fine shoot elephants in the face and take bits of them home says trump

#19990 eveln

eveln

Titan

• Atomican
  • 16,387 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:10 PM

So, our ' castle ' has had it's lawn mowed it's insides vacuumed, mopped and dusted, Sitting here now it feels pretty bloody good. Granted the scotch may have helped there too.

• Xen likes this

Laugh to Live . Live to Laugh.

atomic has π

#19991 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 43,271 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 11:25 PM

Part of my brain is like 'read all the books on parenting and learn how to deal with other peoples kids' while helping out with some babysitting.  Meanwhile, I have actual courses with exams soon and I can't bring myself to study for them.

"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#19992 eveln

eveln

Titan

• Atomican
  • 16,387 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 07:34 PM

FaaarrKKK ! Stalled several times trying to reverse a manual car tonight ... makes me feel like such an utter fuckhead :\ ... as if I need another reason. Due to circumstances, I have to master this fucking thing. It's a kind loan to get us out of a tricky situ, but farrrk it's been fifteen years since I drove a manual and my left leg is very damn comfortable just hangin around. It's really not used to being useful. christ getting two legs to do different things at the same time !!

They put an air freshener on the dash board :\ The inside of the car is so fucking filthy :\ ... yes I know it's a loan and, if I learn to reverse, it will help us, but I would never loan anything without first making it habitable. The air freshener is toxic and as soon as I've eaten I'm gonna get it gone.

Edited by eveln, 20 November 2017 - 07:36 PM.

atomic has π

#19993 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,033 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:17 AM

Smokers car?

#19994 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,033 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:47 AM

http://www.smh.com.a...116-gzn6fo.html

Only in Japan ... Company apologies for train being 20 seconds early. Australia, you're lucky if its early at all.

#19995 eveln

eveln

Titan

• Atomican
  • 16,387 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 06:59 PM

Smokers car?

Wow ! you know I was so disgusted with all the dog hair and dirt and plastic container of toxic smell that I didn't realise how lucky I was the owners didn't smoke. My vacuum clogged both it's filters and the job is still not complete, but at least I could concentrate on the job of making my limbs work in ways they not be used to ;) I got to work and back without stalling once. A little chuggy at times and at others my gear change was smooooth as. I sincerely hope my reversing tomorrow morn is without drama.My precious Seca is being serviced tomorrow ... bloody can't wait for the ease of my auto back again

atomic has π

#19996 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,033 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:02 PM

Gee my ancient nexus player gets android 8 but still waiting for my shield tablet to get 7.1. Bloody android

Edited by Jeruselem, 21 November 2017 - 07:04 PM.

#19997 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,033 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:21 PM

Smokers car?

Wow ! you know I was so disgusted with all the dog hair and dirt and plastic container of toxic smell that I didn't realise how lucky I was the owners didn't smoke. My vacuum clogged both it's filters and the job is still not complete, but at least I could concentrate on the job of making my limbs work in ways they not be used to ;) I got to work and back without stalling once. A little chuggy at times and at others my gear change was smooooth as. I sincerely hope my reversing tomorrow morn is without drama.My precious Seca is being serviced tomorrow ... bloody can't wait for the ease of my auto back again

Dog hair. Yeah that stuff gets everywhere as well.

#19998 scruffy1

scruffy1

Champion

• Hero
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:21 PM

Gee my ancient nexus player gets android 8 but still waiting for my shield tablet to get 7.1. Bloody android

can't be that ancient if it's getting 8, can it ?

i just put oreo on the xperia sp i inherited from my daughter, and i like it (once i solder on the new sim card slot :)  )

we don't need no steenkin' stock roms

ummmmmmmmmmm............

#19999 RenascentMisanthropy

RenascentMisanthropy

Guru

• Atomican
  • 9,691 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:40 PM

I was just playing with a 12v remote switch and 12v temp controlled relay which I got from ebay.

Am trying to come up with the most crazy idea I can use them for....

Slycake i7 6700 + cyrorig r1 ultimate, asus z170m-plus, 16gb corsair 3200, evga gtx 970 4gb, 256gb m2 sammy pro, 1tb sshd, corsair cs650m.

#20000 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Guru

• Atomican
  • 14,033 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:41 AM

can't be that ancient if it's getting 8, can it ?

i just put oreo on the xperia sp i inherited from my daughter, and i like it (once i solder on the new sim card slot :)  )

we don't need no steenkin' stock roms

I dont want to brick my NVidia shield k1 as yet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users