• Please log in to reply
19908 replies to this topic

#9801 .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

.:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Hero

• Mod
  • 21,368 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:08 PM

You guys must start looking in the real world I am DEAF i am on a Disability Pension and was seen by 2 commonwealth doctors and what is happening with Facebook is True.

Now i am fuming angry thanks a lot. 

Can you take a screenshot the next time it asks? Because I can't find anything about it. Also, SMS is pure text, so you should be able to use it without an issue.

I would be very surprised if you didn't know someone that could give you one of their old dumbphones.

"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan
"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." - Mark Twain

An open mind is willing to consider new ideas, while provisionally accepting those backed by empirical evidence, and provisionally rejecting those without.

#9802 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 43,214 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:26 PM

Don't actually need your own phone btw. Just use someone else's (that you trust) phone number, and hope they're able to contact you every time you log into FB from a new location/browser/device.
"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#9803 codecreeper

codecreeper

Champion

• Atomican
  • 5,020 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:45 PM

Don't actually need your own phone btw. Just use someone else's (that you trust) phone number, and hope they're able to contact you every time you log into FB from a new location/browser/device.

Why cannot they use a email address as authentication like game companies? With the Glyph system.

Life is like a Straw , ...... it sucks.

#9804 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 43,214 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 02:07 PM

Because emails are hacked pretty frequently, judging from the number of times I get emails fished from a friend's address book.
"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#9805 SquallStrife

SquallStrife

Really knows where his towel is

• Atomican
  • 17,938 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 02:12 PM

You guys must start looking in the real world I am DEAF i am on a Disability Pension and was seen by 2 commonwealth doctors and what is happening with Facebook is True.

Now i am fuming angry thanks a lot.

You must be, you haven't blamed Labor or communists for Facebook's actions yet.
SyDjDDk.png [retro swim] | AzpUvwG.png @retroswimau | q5O6HgO.png +RetroSwim
四時半を待っています!

#9806 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 43,214 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 03:17 PM

Pretty happy I grabbed and watched the SNL40 special.

#9807 MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Guru

• Hero
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:05 PM

I had to stop using deoderant, female friend commented today that I smell more manly lately. Interesting if true. 

Wake and meditate. How do lifeless subatomic particles harmonize to become conscious... and produce this thought about themselves?

#9808 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 18,011 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:24 PM

I had to stop using deoderant, female friend commented today that I smell more manly lately. Interesting if true. 

"Had to"?  What's the problem, dude?

Re the 'more manly' thing...  This is why I rank antiperspirant/deodorant as one of (if not the) biggest single advances toward world peace.  Armpits seem to be the primary place pheromones hang out, and whilst the opposite sex generally finds that attractive (at least in small doses, when fresh*), heterosexuals of the same gender tend to take that as a challenge.  Just simple animal behaviour.  Only trouble being that genuine human pheromones seem to be about as 'real' as the Higgs boson was a decade ago: makes perfect sense, and no evidence for it at all.

*Let's face it, not too many people find it attractive to cop a noseful of someone who's been sweatin' it up all day and gone rancid.

"Reality does not care what you think." - Dr Richard Feynman
"There is no "I" in team." - "True.  I will not be found in any team."

#9809 eveln

eveln

Guru

• Atomican
  • 16,329 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 07:03 PM

I'm more worried about the 300mm of rain they're predicting from the related trough system.

Wish it up this way if ya like, This whole seasons has missed us up in here in TSV, either Far NQ gets it or you guys get it. Also cane farms up here need a good drink as well.

Don't know that I wish for a cyclone, but a bit more of the wet would be nice thanksverymuchly.

Still, all the Chinese up here  for their New Year are bloody lucky to have this weather. Just now reminds me of the Japanese

tourist invasion of years passed. 'Cepting most of this lot this year are very tight.

Laugh to Live . Live to Laugh.

atomic has π

#9810 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 35,023 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:46 PM

Just chucked out a bottle of honey soy marinade that has been in the fridge and constantly in the way for so long... Best Before date was 07.

#9811 eveln

eveln

Guru

• Atomican
  • 16,329 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:30 PM

Just chucked out a bottle of honey soy marinade that has been in the fridge and constantly in the way for so long... Best Before date was 07.

So, I guess that one won't make the next shopping list :D

Laugh to Live . Live to Laugh.

atomic has π

#9812 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 35,023 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:35 PM

As far as marinades go, it's way down on the list.  I had no idea it'd been in there so long.

#9813 MrFriendly

MrFriendly

Guru

• Hero
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:35 PM

"Had to"?  What's the problem, dude?

Re the 'more manly' thing...  This is why I rank antiperspirant/deodorant as one of (if not the) biggest single advances toward world peace.  Armpits seem to be the primary place pheromones hang out, and whilst the opposite sex generally finds that attractive (at least in small doses, when fresh*), heterosexuals of the same gender tend to take that as a challenge.  Just simple animal behaviour.  Only trouble being that genuine human pheromones seem to be about as 'real' as the Higgs boson was a decade ago: makes perfect sense, and no evidence for it at all.

*Let's face it, not too many people find it attractive to cop a noseful of someone who's been sweatin' it up all day and gone rancid.

Had to and have to. Many years ago spray on became off limits because my lymph nodes had a weird reaction to it. Didn't matter what brand. So for a long time I just used dry stick. Then last year my lymph nodes played up again so I stopped wearing any.

Wake and meditate. How do lifeless subatomic particles harmonize to become conscious... and produce this thought about themselves?

#9814 .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

.:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Hero

• Mod
  • 21,368 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:41 PM

Had to and have to. Many years ago spray on became off limits because my lymph nodes had a weird reaction to it. Didn't matter what brand. So for a long time I just used dry stick. Then last year my lymph nodes played up again so I stopped wearing any.

Have you tried an old school alum block? Just wet it and rub it on.

"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan
"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." - Mark Twain

An open mind is willing to consider new ideas, while provisionally accepting those backed by empirical evidence, and provisionally rejecting those without.

#9815 Cybes

Cybes

Titan

• Atomican
  • 18,011 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:42 PM

Bummer, man - that's just truly sucky. :(

"Reality does not care what you think." - Dr Richard Feynman
"There is no "I" in team." - "True.  I will not be found in any team."

#9816 robzy

robzy

Immortal

• Hero
  • 42,882 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:59 PM

So..  Why must he spend $20?  If it's only for the purpose of Facebook?  

Why should he HAVE to have a mobile?

Facebook have dictated he needs it.  He has said he has no purpose for a mobile because of his disabilities.

AD

My local 7/11 requires me to wear pants in order to shop there. 

Some clubs and bars that I choose to visit require me to show ID for entry.

He does have purpose for a mobile. He needs a mobile in order to access the social networking site that he wants to access.

If he had no other use for the internet, should he cancel his contract with his ISP and force Facebook to send him printed pages of the hilarious puns which I post to FB?

OP might have a valid point, buried somewhere under the indignant outrage, but he needs a far more reasonable view of the world.

Rob.

#9817 ReapermanRS

ReapermanRS

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:07 PM

If he had no other use for the internet, should he cancel his contract with his ISP and force Facebook to send him printed pages of the hilarious puns which I post to FB?

Yes

Stupidity kills. Stop and think before you respond to a message. You could save a life.

#9818 elvenwhore

elvenwhore

SuperHero

• Mod
  • 11,672 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:27 AM

Why cannot they use a email address as authentication like game companies? With the Glyph system.

Listen to Cyberglitch, code. We'll help you out. Basic tech support - show us what's going on and we can help you with the next step.

Everything I say has come before. Everything I say has come before. Wait - dammit! Oh well, I like you more than reject popcorn bits :-)

#9819 codecreeper

codecreeper

Champion

• Atomican
  • 5,020 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:32 AM

Listen to Cyberglitch, code. We'll help you out. Basic tech support - show us what's going on and we can help you with the next step.

Thanks for the support.

Just makes me so aggro when someone asks for a phone number that i cannot provide one as i am deaf ,it just makes me rage in anger.

Being isolated too is no help i live a very solitary life with no help. Having communication issues is no fun ,thinking about suicide all the time and such.

Anyhow thanks for the support.

Life is like a Straw , ...... it sucks.

#9820 ReapermanRS

ReapermanRS

Overlord

• Atomican
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:08 PM

Home and not dead. Thanks everyone for the wishes. Now to kick back and play Fallout for four days.

Stupidity kills. Stop and think before you respond to a message. You could save a life.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)