• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 `angerfist

`angerfist

Cherry Danish

• Atomican
  • 164 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:47 PM

Ok so basically I am with TPG and quite frankly they are SHIT. The speeds fluctuate, and speaking to an operator is like speaking to a brick wall....so I was thinking of going with another ISP and Dodo came along, same sort of deal, done abit of research and saw some good and bad experiences like every other ISP. Just basically thought I'd ask here if anyone has any experiences with Dodo or any other ISP for that matter? Telstra are good just abit too expensive for my liking and Optus....well ive heard so much bad reports. Also what lines does TPG and Dodo use for their ADSL2+?? Cheers!

#2 .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

.:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Hero

• Mod
  • 19,949 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:49 PM

Dodo would be just as shit. Get cable.

"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan

"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.” - Mark Twain

An open mind is willing to consider new ideas, while provisionally accepting those backed by empirical evidence, and provisionally rejecting those without.

#3 `angerfist

`angerfist

Cherry Danish

• Atomican
  • 164 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

Only thing is, I cant atm, I live in a town house and I've already tried lol....I was getting 8-9mbps and now I am getting 6mbps and TPG are just so useless. I am just sick of it

#4 dishd

dishd

Croissant

• Atomican
  • 543 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

Internode are decent, iv had no issues with them and customer service has always been 1st class (been with them for nearly 4 years now). I know that because I live in a rual area, internode use Telstra lines, no NBN in my area (nor for the next 3-5 years). I have had good friends who have used TPG and then swapped to DoDo, from all reports DoDo are horrible, interms of service and speed...
Steam/BF3/WoT Name DishD AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 4.0Ghz | 212+ CM HSF | G.Skill RipJaws DDR3 8Gb @ 1600Mhz | Gainward GTX 570 Phantom 1.3Gb @ 800/1975 | SamSung F3 500 Gb & WD Blue 1Tb HDD's | FSP Raider 650Watt | GigaByte 990FXA-UD7 | Corsair 1500 HP's | Razer Habu | Razer Vespula | Logitech G110 | BitFenix Shinobi "once you go Russian everything else sucks" -Reaper.

#5 .:Cyb3rGlitch:.

.:Cyb3rGlitch:.

Hero

• Mod
  • 19,949 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:05 PM

6mbps is better than my 2 years of 2mbps TPG hell.

"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself." - Carl Sagan

"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.” - Mark Twain

An open mind is willing to consider new ideas, while provisionally accepting those backed by empirical evidence, and provisionally rejecting those without.

#6 `angerfist

`angerfist

Cherry Danish

• Atomican
  • 164 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

Internode I have heard good things of and I definitely will give them a look at, and yeah sure 2mbps is horrendous but that was the only thing you had at your place im guessing? I was getting 9mbps and for some reason it dropped 3...it's just frustrating and the operators tried to put it on my modem when my modem is almost a brand spanking new 7800n.

#7 unco_tomato

unco_tomato

Macaron

• God
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:13 PM

The only copper in the ground is owned by Telstra or Optus (vast majority is Tesltra), and most exchanges and DSLAMS are also Telstra owned and wholesaled out to re-sellers like TPG. What makes TPG shit? Is it just the fluctuating speeds? If so, get your copper wiring checked, it can have a lot to do with inconsistent speeds. No matter who you go with, you'll likely be stuck using the same copper as you're on now, and likely using the same DSL Exchange; so it's pretty pointless to change providers in the hope of a speed increase. I'd stay with TPG, and try to figure out what you can do to improve speeds. Insist on a line test; after all it's what you're paying line rental for. Just like home rental, it's on the owner of the copper line (Tesltra / Optus / iinet) to provide maintenance.
Intel i5 3570 @ 4.5GHz - Gigabyte OC HD7970 @ 1150MHz - 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 1866MHz - ASUS Maximus V Gene - Antec EA-650W Platinum - Fractal Design Define Mini - Noctua NH-U12P SE2 - 10TB Network Storage - OCZ Vertex 3 240GB (Steam) - Corsair Force GT 3 120GB (OS+BF3).

#8 discoInferno

discoInferno

Macaron

• Atomican
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

Agreed that changing ISP won't magically change the speeds you're getting because the service will likely be delivered over the same hardware anyway. It seems like your main issue is really the customer service, and lack of help they're providing in sorting out your speed problems. For customer service reasons alone, I'd whole heatedly recommend Internode. Been with them for a about 5 years and whenever you have an issue you call them up and speak to someone in Adelaide who actually knows what they're talking about and is able to help. Often you have to wait for Telstra to do the actual maintenance, but at least it's all organised by an ISP who values customer service. I'm in FNQ as well, so rural isn't an issue if that makes a difference to you.

Edited by discoInferno, 11 November 2012 - 11:24 PM.

Intel Core i5 3570K | NZXT Havik 140 | Asus P8Z77-M Pro | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL | Asus GTX670 DCU2 | Sandisk Extreme 120GB SSD | Hitachi Deskstar 2TB HDD | Corsair AX-650 | Silverstone FT03B | Lite-On DL-4ETS Slot Load Slim Blu-ray | Apple Aluminium Keyboard | Logitech G5 | Dell U2412M

#9 Devilsmurf

Devilsmurf

Macaron

• Atomican
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:42 AM

It's already been said, but a change to DODO won't fix the connection speeds. My experience is that DODO is just as bad, if not worse customer service wise. If you really think the deal you are going to get is better than what you have now based on extras, change. If it's to fix the connection, then don't. At least not to Dodo. I can't recommend an ISP that may be better in a customer service role to troubleshoot your connection, since it's going to have to go through Telstra 9/10 times. It's possible TPG is shaping your connection or some such, but a sudden and random drop in speed is usually something to do with your physical link.

#10 bushi

bushi

Apple Strudel

• Atomican
  • 9,634 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

TPG are good. Dodo are probably bad. TPG just rent the line from Telstra/Optus.
http://bfbc2.statsve...pc/squatter.png i7 875k | Intel DP55KG | 6GB G-Skill Pi | Inno3D GTX580 1GB | 120GB Intel 520 + 1.5TB (+ 1.5TB backup) Seagate | Pioneer BDR-206BK | Auzentech Prelude 7.1 | Hauppauge 2200 PVR | Corsair AX750 | Silverstone FT-02BW

#11 Jeruselem

Jeruselem

Apple Strudel

• Atomican
  • 9,647 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:34 AM

Is that the only choices you have there?
Resident KatyCat Smartphone: HTC Trophy T8686 - WP 7.10.8107.79 (aka Mango updated) Netbook: ASUS EEE PC 1015PN - Win7 Pro, Intel N550@1.5Ghz, 2GB RAM, 250GB WD SATA, nVidia ION2 Laptop: Win8 Home x64, Intel i5-430 @ 2.26Ghz, 4GB RAM, 240GB Corsair SSD, nVidia Geforce GT310 1GB Work PC: Win7 Pro x86, Intel Q9550@2.83Ghz, 4GB RAM, 2 x 250GB SATA, nVidia Quadro FX1700, 600W PSU

#12 p0is0n

p0is0n

Banoffee Pie

• Atomican
  • 5,461 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:13 AM

check the stats in your modem? try locking it to g.dmt (adsl1) and see if it stabilizes. I'd sacrifice speed for stability, and I do, I only connect ~5mbit at my place on iiNet naked dsl.
i7 2600k | Z68A-GD80 | 8GB RAM | CF 7970 | 120GB SSD | 1kW PSU | Butchered Case | Water Cooling | U2713H HP N40L | 16GB RAM | 7x WD 2TB | Ubuntu | ZFS

#13 aliali

aliali

Canelé

• Super Hero
  • 23,478 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

TPG are good. Dodo are probably bad.

TPG just rent the line from Telstra/Optus.

Every ISP does that, however TPG do have their own DSLAMs in some exchanges like most ISPs except the pure Telstra/Optus resellers.
She's going to be really smart, very savvy, haunting good looks, really good at her job. And kind of slutty.

#14 `angerfist

`angerfist

Cherry Danish

• Atomican
  • 164 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:21 AM

Not the only choices no and Im going to give internode a go, probably wont change the speed but any customer service is better than TPGs atm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users