• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 fajw

fajw

Useless waste of 0s and 1s

• Banned
  • 2,434 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

There is a BIOS setup option with my MSI Z77A-GD65 motherboard called "Windows 8 Feature". It can be enabled or disabled. I don't know what it is supposed to do. When I try to enable it I get this console-like screen on boot up. Any ideas what this is about or whether it should be enabled?

Posted Image

I couldn't find anything in the manual about it.

Edited by fajw, 14 February 2013 - 01:41 PM.

#2 Nich...

Nich...

Professional Tart

• Mod
  • 43,013 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

Enabling win 8 features enabled UEFI mode and other win 8 features such as Fast Boot etc., and etc?
"I think it is a sad reflection on our civilization that while we can and do measure the temperature in the atmosphere of Venus we do not know what goes on inside our soufflés" -- Nicholas Kurti

#3 fajw

fajw

Useless waste of 0s and 1s

• Banned
  • 2,434 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

I enabled the fast boot stuff at the same time and it's fine now.

#4 anmol77

anmol77

Serf

• Banned
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 April 2016 - 06:00 PM

thanks for everything

<div>== <a class=Nope nope nope</a> ==</div>
<div> </div>

#5 Master_Scythe

Master_Scythe

Titan

• Hero
  • 19,921 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 09:53 AM

thanks for everything

What in your pea brain little mind makes you think that spamming a post from 2013 is an inconspicuous way to look like a real user?

And yes, I think thats one of my first 'personal attacks' on this forum, ever, but MY GOD, what on earth compels you to post that sort of spam?

Wherever you go in life, watch out for Scythe, the tackling IT support guy.

"I don't care what race you are, not one f*cking bit, if you want to be seen as a good people, you go in there and you f*ck up the people who (unofficially) represent you in a negative light!"

#6 Chaos.Lady

Chaos.Lady

Goddess

• Mod
  • 79,414 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 08:24 PM

thanks for everything

What in your pea brain little mind makes you think that spamming a post from 2013 is an inconspicuous way to look like a real user?

And yes, I think thats one of my first 'personal attacks' on this forum, ever, but MY GOD, what on earth compels you to post that sort of spam?
Personal attacks are banned. Naughty! :p

And he's banned anyway :p

:D

Edited by Chaos.Lady, 11 May 2016 - 08:25 PM.

In the light universe I have been darkness. Perhaps in the dark zone I can be light...

Take the boat, promise me 
Never to tell
The secrets you know,
Of the Angel in Hell.

#7 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 34,711 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 08:54 PM

#8 EthanStark

EthanStark

Serf

• Lurker
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 10:56 PM

Windows 8/ 8.1 Feature 
[Disabled] Enables the supports for Windows 8/ 8.1 or disables for other operating systems. 
Before enabling this item, make sure all installed devices & utilities (hardware & software) should meet the Windows 8/ 8.1 requirements. 
[Enabled]  The system will switch to UEFI mode to meet the Windows 8/ 8.1 requirement. 
[Disabled]  Disables this function.

How to Check if Windows is Booted in UEFI or Legacy BIOS Mode
eightforums.com/tutorials/29504-bios-mode-see-if-windows-boot-uefi-legacy-mode.html

How to Create a Bootable UEFI USB Flash Drive for Installing Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 8.1
eightforums.com/tutorials/15458-uefi-bootable-usb-flash-drive-create-windows.html

How to Install Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 using the "Unified Extensible Firmware Interface" (UEFI)
eightforums.com/tutorials/2328-uefi-unified-extensible-firmware-interface-install-windows-8-a.html

#9 Rybags

Rybags

Immortal

• Super Hero
  • 34,711 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 11:28 PM

Good luck.  We're all counting on you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users