2265 replies to this topic

#1 sora3

sora3

Guru

• Atomican
  • 13,895 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

Posted Image
A better and sexier logo thanks to millen!

See here on who we (as Atomic F1) are: http://www.atomicf1.net/

As with the GP1 thread, this GP2 thread is for the not-so-experienced and the I'm-not-bothered-to-be-a-Perez driver. So who does that mean? Well, it means this competition is for the budding F1 drivers that may not make the GP1 cut. We are quite friendly and love just having competitive fun.

Another thing is that this series does not require uber commitment. Just a weekly commitment and having people like that will make this season alive.

WHAT TO DO
Existing racers - post your car of choice (also talk to the team mates ASAP!)
New racers - post your car of choice after existing racers have made their decision and any queries in this thread.

Any questions? Direct them to myself, Ploddy, grey_g or millen. We are collectively part of the FIA in addition to the consulting services of Flouncy in the GP1. So any rulings or queries, direct them to us.

THE GAME
Buy F1 2012 on PC. Note, this league is PC only. Sorry but those are rules for us.
Multiplayer will contain up to 16 players.

THE RACES
We follow the race calender as per the F1 season. So the first race will be Australia.

In the most likely scenario, the GP2 players will start the race 1 hour after the GP1 drivers. So basically, 8:30pm Sydney time. This allows plenty of time for the GP2 racers to get ready. To clarify the times, here is the official view of the times thanks to the Australian Government's time clock...

Sydney/Melbourne/all eastern cities - 8:30pm
Brisbane/all eastern cities - 7:30pm
Adelaide/central cities - 8:00pm
Central Cities - 7:00pm
Western Australia - 5:30pm

Please convert into your specific time zone if you're not in Australia. There will be a 30 minute leeway to allow latecomers some chance to enter before we start the session. Please ensure that the FIA knows that you're coming.

We will be doing 50% race distance and qualifying included. By this, we usually finish at about 9:30pm to 10:00pm. This allows the F1 watchers to watch F1 on time, especially Singapore and the like. :)

THE RULES
Failure to observe the rules will result in the FIA (i.e. myself. Ploddy, grey_g and as well as Nobody) issuing in a race ban or even leave the competition permanently for the driver in question. Although we like friendly competition, there are no place for abusive/racist behaviour. Also, major trolling/wrecking of someone's race for the fun of it will be frowned upon. We play for fun, plain and simple.

Penalties will be set as realistic as this was the setting used for the past seasons. So far, this penalty system has worked well throughout our season and will be considered permanent.

All cars will be set as equal performance in race.

No aids are allowed apart from the gearbox which the FIA allows auto for this case.

If you go off the track, it is your responsibility that you rejoin the race in a safe manner. As another thing to note, there is a noticeable BUBBLE around all the cars, especially those with limited bandwidth. Please allow extra consideration when heading into the first corner. If in doubt, BACK OFF AND ALLOW MORE ROOM. The race isn't won in the first corner

FIA GP2 Driver Regulations
For this season onwards, our GP2 will be using the following rules for the drivers participating in the GP2 championship. Please read these rules carefully as they are considered FIA rules as well.

1. Driver entry
1.1 Returning drivers that have either raced every race or notified of absences on every occasion have first preference of a seat for the next season. Teams are chosen on a first posted, first served basis but a returning driver has first preference at their team from the previous season.
1.2 New drivers can express interest to play by posting in the forum and will be incorporated on a first come, first served basis.
1.3 There will 8 teams, 2 drivers per team, rather than having single-seat teams. FIA reserves the right to join single-seat teams before the competition starts.
1.4 Once a driver is allocated to a team before the season commences they are given "race" status and the right to race each week, provided they meet their notification obligation (see below).
1.5 New drivers can lodge their intention to play with the FIA and will be placed on the reserve list, given "reserve" status. They will be promoted to "race" status as openings become available on a first come, first served basis.
1.6 New drivers cannot race in both GP1 and GP2 leagues. A GP1 driver retiring from the GP1 league is free to join GP2.

2. Driver notification
2.1 Drivers with "race" status are understood to be competing for the entire season. Obviously, people have commitments outside that interfere with the racing calendar and there is no expectation that a driver will attend every race, but contact must be made to advise the FIA if a driver cannot attend a race.
2.2 The default position is that a driver will turn up to the race. There is no need to notify FIA on a week to week basis if you are turning up to race.
2.3 If a driver cannot make a race, they should notify the FIA via a forum post that they will not be there. In instances where drivers have not been able to do this prospectively, they should endeavour to post as soon as practical after the race as to why they missed and when they will return.
2.4 If you are away for a block of time, you can notify once to cover that period of time, but you must include a return date.

3. Failure to notify
3.1 If you are absent from 4 consecutive races without notifying the FIA, the FIA reserves the right to place you on 'reserve' status. This would typically only occur where there is a reserve driver waiting to race but the decision to do so is at the discretion of the FIA. The FIA will not attempt to contact the driver first, it is the sole responsibility of the driver to notify the FIA about their absence.
3.2 Drivers moved to "reserve" status from "race" status will be placed at the end of the reserve list and be permitted to rejoin the competition when a seat becomes available, as per the normal reserve process.

4. Reserve status drivers
4.1 Reserve drivers are welcome to attend Friday Night Practice but are not able to race until your status change to 'race'. This is to protect the integrity of the competition in terms of points being competed for, but also that new drivers, simply by racing, affect the outcome of other drivers regardless of their finishing position.
4.2 If a 'race' slot becomes available, the 'reserve' status driver will be allocated 'race' status and given a seat in a team that has another driver, to make up a 2 driver team. If this is not possible, the new driver can have their choice of vacant team.

5. Retiring drivers
5.1 At any point during the season, a driver can retire from the competition, simply by posting in the forums.
5.2 When a driver retires, their seat becomes available to be filled, either by a current 'race' status driver wishing to switch teams, or a 'reserve' status driver, in that order.
5.3 If the position is filled by a "race' status driver, their own seat becomes vacated for another driver. This can continue until seats are available for 'reserve' drivers.
5.5 If the position is filled by a 'reserve' status driver, they are obligated to fill the seat of the retiring driver.

6. Championship points
6.1 Driver's Championship Points are only earned by one driver.
6.2 Constructor's Championship points continue regardless of the driver on the team.

THE CHAMPIONSHIP
The Championship consists of two, a Driver's and a Constructor's.

All previous GP2 drivers are free to express their preference in teams.

Points are awarded as by the game. DNF and DSQ will not have any points awarded.

Most awesome thanks to Lambo who has provided the following prize:

I'm pleased to announce the grand prize for GP2 this season will be one of these:

http://www.thrustmas...products/th8-rs

The Thrustmaster TH8RS.

Was able to acquire another one and I've decided to field this one to the GP2 league this season.

THE CARS
Last season's GP2 drivers are given priority in the car selection. New players are then organised after the GP2 drivers have been given priority.

Remember that performance on all cars are equal. So essentially, the thing you're choosing is the look of them.

THE SCHEDULE
Australia - Monday April 1
Malaysia - Sunday April 7
China - Sunday April 14
Bahrain - Sunday April 21
Spain - Sunday April 28
Monaco - Sunday May 5
Canada - Sunday May 12
Valencia - Sunday May 19
Great Britain - Sunday May 26
Germany - Sunday June 2
Hungary - Sunday June 9
Belgium - Sunday June 16
Italy - Sunday June 23
Singapore - Sunday June 30
Korea - Sunday July 7
Japan - Sunday July 14
India - Sunday July 21
Abu Dhabi - Sunday July 28
USA - Sunday Aug 4
Brazil - Sunday Aug 11

The above schedule has been agreed on by the FIA and no changes to the time (8:30pm AEST).

VOICE CHAT
We will use Ventrillo to actually talk. Please set your voice chat so that Steam doesn't transmit your voice during Vent which will be uber annoying. This is done via here:

How to fix it?
For some people it will be as simple as going into your steam settings and changing the default mic to something your not using. For others like me, you might have a sound card that uses auto-detect and will not enable a port unless you have something plugged in. An easy fix is to plug something into your line in or misc port. It can be anything, or even just a cable with nothing attached to it. (I was able to achieve this with just a stereo cable with nothing actually attached to the other end!).

Vent Hostname or IP: tritium.typefrag.com
Port number: 35406

If you haven't, please join our Steam group here: http://steamcommunit...ps/atomicf1-gp2

FRIDAY NIGHT PRACTICE
As Flouncy says, there is a Friday night practice which is available to both GP1 and GP2 drivers. Almost always on, just for kicks. Come and go as you please, or not at all. Starts about 8:30, though people in earlier tend to start a session and newcomers are just invited in as they arrive (so long as it's not mid race).

It's fun, slightly crazy, beer-fuelled and a great way to get a feel for what sort of performance is expected if you wanna jump in. It's never a full 50% race, usually a sequence of 10 or 20% races.

ATOMIC F1 GP2 S3 TEAMS AND DRIVERS:

Names in brackets represent possible driver for team unless confirmed.
Red Bull Racing
fredzfrog
et_rom

Vodafone McLaren Mercedes
Parsifal/Parsi

Scuderia Ferrari
sonofjorel88
toggsie

Mercedes AMG Petronas

Lotus F1 Team
Effing
Ploddy

Sahara Force India

Sauber F1 Team
pessimistprime

Scuderia Toro Rosso
millen
jase_gp

Williams F1
grey g
zdeivo

Caterham F1 Team

HRT Formula 1 Team

Marussia F1 Team

RESERVE DRIVER LIST
Doull
sora3

Edited by sora3, 13 July 2013 - 12:12 PM.

Main Rig: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.9GHz/Asus X370 Prime/Corsair DDR4 3000 16GB @ 2932(!)/Gigabyte R9 290/WD Green M2 240GB/Bitfenix Shinobi/Noctua NH-D14/Corsair HX-750

Camera rig: Sony Alpha a77/Sony DT 16-50mm f2.8 SSM/Sony DT 16-105mm f3.5-5.6/Tammy 70-200mm f2.8/Sony DT 50mm f1.8/Sony HVL F42AM Flash

#2 fredzfrog

fredzfrog

Guru

• Hero
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

I'm in!
Increases your chance of love by 75.3%

#3 Modz

Modz

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

I'm interested in signing up for Lotus if there is a free spot. I've been demoted to GP2 since i can only attend 50% of the races this season.

Edited by Modz, 25 February 2013 - 04:28 PM.

#4 sora3

sora3

Guru

• Atomican
  • 13,895 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

Which car, fredz? @ Modz, noted as I think you're once GP2 before moving to GP1. :)

Main Rig: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.9GHz/Asus X370 Prime/Corsair DDR4 3000 16GB @ 2932(!)/Gigabyte R9 290/WD Green M2 240GB/Bitfenix Shinobi/Noctua NH-D14/Corsair HX-750

Camera rig: Sony Alpha a77/Sony DT 16-50mm f2.8 SSM/Sony DT 16-105mm f3.5-5.6/Tammy 70-200mm f2.8/Sony DT 50mm f1.8/Sony HVL F42AM Flash

#5 Modz

Modz

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:45 PM

Im just working out what i can do work wise to stay in GP1. as i've said in GP1 thread i can shift my work hours to suit if need be i just have to confirm this tomorrow. and maybe that will help me stay in GP1. I'll let you know tomorrow.

#6 Ploddy

Ploddy

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:46 PM

Fredz, noted. I am assuming you want back in at Red Bull? Please clarify. Modz, your interest is noted, at this stage I am pretty confident we can get you in. So far, the reserve list is: 1) JaseGP (beat you by a half hour) 2) Modz NB: We have had previous interest from other GP1 drivers but they haven't committed yet. Please do so asap as seating will be very tight. OK, so the list of drivers with the right to return with first preference of team are: SOJ (on the fence) Nightfire Ploddy Rogue pessimist Effing toggsie sora nobody (has indicated a non-start but needs to make a final call) millen fredz zdevio wingnut Guys, please advise asap of commitment and if you are returning to your team. If you want to pick a new team, let the fun begin :)

Edited by Ploddy, 25 February 2013 - 05:02 PM.

#codemastersnetcodeisshit

#7 jasegp

jasegp

Journeyman

• Atomican
  • 239 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

I think OZ is in GP1.

#8 Ploddy

Ploddy

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:04 PM

Right you are. Changed. I am returning. Team to be announced very soon :)

#9 sonofjorel88

sonofjorel88

Charge

• Atomican
  • 460 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

Some ones got to try and take it to the GP1 boys. I'm in as I'm sure my wingman is. Team dependent on the Plodsters indecision. Can we please change S02 to S03 at the top of the entry list. It feels old!

Edited by sonofjorel88, 25 February 2013 - 05:11 PM.

"I've no idea what Eddie Irvine's orders are, but he's following them superlatively well." "There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire." :- Murray the Legend

#10 fredzfrog

fredzfrog

Guru

• Hero
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

Is flouncy coming to gp2? If not i'll stay at red frog racing. :)
Increases your chance of love by 75.3%

#11 Lambo

Lambo

Titan

• Super Hero
  • 22,976 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

Team Flambo is up and running and at McLaren over in GP1. Red Frog Racing is all yours.

#12 Ploddy

Ploddy

Primarch

• Atomican
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

Martin Trundle: Sources close to the Lotus group have assured me that an answer is close at hand as to whether either there is any truth to this Ferrari rumor or not. It seems it will be an absolute decision - they either both stay, or they both go. Translation - I gotta talk to effing :P

#13 nobody813

nobody813

Champion

• Atomican
  • 6,533 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

Despite the fact that I am in line ahead of the recruits, I've got no problem making way for those that can race full time On a slightly different topic, I'm happy millen has been put into the FIA. It's very handy having someone who does a lot of the website work in the mix. That does bring a question up though: should I still be part of the FIA?

"Nobody, including Nobody, knows what Nobody is doing..." - millen

Intel Core i5 4670K | ASRock Z97 Extreme4 | 16GB G.Skill Ares DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked ACX 2.0 4GB | Cogage Arrow | 500GB Samsung 850 Evo | 2TB & 1TB Seagate 7200.14's | Corsair RM650i | Fractal Design Arc Midi

#14 Flouncy

Flouncy

• Atomican
  • 5,065 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

Sorry fredz, I posted here but should have thought to PM you, too, that I'd changed my mind. Go hard in the RB!
bringing wootie back

#15 Lambo

Lambo

Titan

• Super Hero
  • 22,976 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:22 PM

Despite the fact that I am in line ahead of the recruits, I've got no problem making way for those that can race full time

On a slightly different topic, I'm happy millen has been put into the FIA. It's very handy having someone who does a lot of the website work in the mix. That does bring a question up though: should I still be part of the FIA?

Why not? It's not just about racing week in week out. While that helps, it's also good to have those that have alot of experience. I couldn't think of anyone better to sit on the FIA.

#16 sora3

sora3

Guru

• Atomican
  • 13,895 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

Despite the fact that I am in line ahead of the recruits, I've got no problem making way for those that can race full time

On a slightly different topic, I'm happy millen has been put into the FIA. It's very handy having someone who does a lot of the website work in the mix. That does bring a question up though: should I still be part of the FIA?

Why not? It's not just about racing week in week out. While that helps, it's also good to have those that have alot of experience. I couldn't think of anyone better to sit on the FIA.

This.

ATM, I still asking Prime to see about retaining Sauber's services...

#17 sonofjorel88

sonofjorel88

Charge

• Atomican
  • 460 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

Modz @ Lotus???
"I've no idea what Eddie Irvine's orders are, but he's following them superlatively well." "There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire." :- Murray the Legend

#18 jasegp

jasegp

Journeyman

• Atomican
  • 239 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:51 PM

So with Oz gone does that mean I have a spot ?

#19 zdievo

zdievo

Charge

• Atomican
  • 307 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:05 PM

I'm returning for sure. Team: TBC
zdiEVO (call me Evo or Peter either works for me). #codemastersnetcodeisshit

#20 Flouncy

Flouncy

• Atomican
  • 5,065 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

Anyone want to come to GP1? All our regulars - who haven't come here or quit - have signed on and we still have several spots to fill...
bringing wootie back

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users